Freezer Paper Shirts

Sereina

Mouseketeer
We're planning on taking a Disney Cruise next spring and to pass the time we're doing Disney themed crafts together. We started with t-shirts using the freezer paper method, which turned out well! This was our first time doing it I've happy with how they turned out! Oswald is my brother's favorite Disney character, so it was no surprise when that's who he decided to put on his shirt. I did the DCL logo. Something must have been funky with my paint, as it dried kinda rubbery and weird, particularly on the edges. I'm going to wash it a few times and maybe it will end up looking a little better.

IMG_0970 Edited.JPG
IMG_0985 Edited.JPG
IMG_0993 Edited.JPG

Last edited:
Wow those shirts look great! I have never heard of this method until now! We will definitely try this out!!! Did you use fabric paint or something else?:smickey:

Wow those shirts look great! I have never heard of this method until now! We will definitely try this out!!! Did you use fabric paint or something else?:smickey:

Thanks! Overall I'm really happy with how they turned out! I think my white paint was really old since the texture turned out kinda rubbery. For the DCL logo I used regular fabric paint and for Oswald I used textile medium with regular craft paint to make it suitable for fabric. There's tons of tutorials online with tips and step by step photos that are helpful!

Nice job on the shirts! I have made a few shirts using this method and the ones I have made using white paint are a bit "rubbery" as well. I also have problems with the white bleeding under the freezer paper. The ones I've made with black paint always turn out nicer. There may not be anything wrong with your paint; I think what they use to make white paint just doesn't work as well.

Those look great!

Thanks!

Nice job on the shirts! I have made a few shirts using this method and the ones I have made using white paint are a bit "rubbery" as well. I also have problems with the white bleeding under the freezer paper. The ones I've made with black paint always turn out nicer. There may not be anything wrong with your paint; I think what they use to make white paint just doesn't work as well.

Thank you! That's interesting about the paint. The bottle I had was who knows how old so I thought it was that. Now I know about that for future projects. Thanks for letting me know!

These are awesome. I have not heard of this technique before so I am going to have some fun experimenting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!