Freebies junk mail??

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by princesscj, Jun 16, 2006.

1. princesscj

princesscj Mouseketeer

I have done a few freebies listed on this site, now I am receiving tons of junk mail at my e-mail addy. Anyone have this problem. Besides unsubsribing to each and every one, is there any hope to get rid of them?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Minnie116

Minnie116 Mouseketeer

When you sign up for freebies, be sure to uncheck the upcoming offers box, or any boxes that would clutter your e-mail. But for now I am afraid you either need to change your e-mail or unsubscribe to them.

4. ncbyrne

ncbyrne DIS Veteran

I have two e-address just for ordering, reward sites, etc. One is an AOL address when buying something online and the other is a yahoo.com address for everything that generates bulk mail. I never go onto the web thru the account I have for "regular" stuff like personal email.

5. Maybelle

Maybelle <font color=green>I rode my inch worm down the str

I wish I had anticipated all the junk mail before I began signing up for freebies on my regular e-mail account. Now I get about 60-75 junk e-mails a day in my junk file, but I still have to look through them each day, because any Disney info still goes into that file...what a pain! I'd rather deal with this junk though than the sleazy stuff that started popping up after I ordered from the free silver site. Got that under control now, but I won't go back there, no matter how tempting!

6. safetymom

safetymom Super Moderator

Many sites that have an unsubscribe button just acknowledge to them that they have a correct email address. You should use a throw away email when signing up for things, that way your email address won't be clogged with stuff.

7. CF'er

CF'er <font color=darkorchid>Mine's so padded I'm afraid

and now I am being killed with junk email.

I hate to change email addy's but I may have no choice. I do have 2 that I use but I'm getting more junk to my personal one too. Hmmmmm

Live and learn I guess..... there are no such thing as "freebies" :teeth:

8. eeyorethegreat

eeyorethegreat DIS Veteran

I have several email addresses for various things one for personal correspondence. I always make sure that I use one that is not my personal email for sign ups etc and there are many free email options available

9. nbodyhome

nbodyhome DIS Veteran

I have a junk email address, but I also sign up for freebies mostly with companies I know, and not companies who will just take my info and sell it.

10. MeggerasMa

MeggerasMa <font color=blue>Oh, let me answer (and I can only

Never thought about all the potential for junk mail because I never check the boxes to allow release of info or sharing of address. Surprise! Also I never considered opening an e mail account just for that kind of nonsense. Think I'll be another person who has to change e mail addresses. I just don't want to miss the necessary e mails that might include an elusive Disney "code"! LOL.