FREE Pay It Forward Swap at Port Orleans- May-August WIDE open! LOTS OF OPENINGS!!

We'll be at POR from August 17 to August 24, 2011. Can I get on the list?

Also, our youngest has a peanut allergy. Is the box peanut free? Thanks!

We're tentatively planning a trip for 3/25/11 to 4/1/11. If the box is available we'd love to have it again!

It just depends on your comfort level. I'm peanut allergic and did not eat from the box. The candies from mnsshp aren't sealed type wrappers so it is possible that there is contact with other wrappers. Perhaps if you dumped the food out of the wrapper? But I wouldn'tuse plates cups etc that are loose in the box. I'm 99% sure it would be fine but for me not worth the risk.

We are here now and have been back to check multiple times at both guest and luggage services and we can't find it. To the person who was here before us, can I ask, where did you drop it off?

Sharon,
I dropped it off at POR luggage services. I put a golden yellow colored paper on it with all of your info and told them it needed to go to FQ (it also said that on the paper). If you've only checked at FQ, call and have them connect you to Riverside. It may still be there.

we just booked our upcoming trip to :love:port orleans riverside:love:!:dance3: i would like to be involved in the swap september 5-11, 2011. please add me.

Im getting ready to leave home for POR! I am just wanting to heck on the box, if the person there now gets this, can you please post and let me know weather you have found the box? I will not have any internet until I am back from WDW, so if you do not get back on here soon, could you please call my cell phone, I PMd it to you with all of my info a week or so ago.

PS....my friends are there and they were told that our necessary room type is not available (AB) :scared1: Ive been on the phone with POR for 20 minutes now and they are going to look through the reservations and see if they can get us a room. IDK what to expect.:confused3

We have been everywhere to check and we cannot find the box.:( we called and walked to por to look and it wasn't there and we came back to pofq to look again we just cannot find it. maye next person will have better luck. My name.is Sharon Stinson.

I can't believe our big rubbermaid box is missing again....I don't understand how they can miss it! :( I hope it turns up & disney*mom*82, I really hope they work things out with your room!!!!! Did anyone have them check long term storage? Sometimes it's in there & they don't always look...

Keep us posted if the box turns up...I'm going to update the list with our new additions, because I'm sure it'll pop up sooner or later.

NewWorld Traveler, I cannot guarantee the box to be safe for your son. Any food items added should be sealed, however, if there is any candy from MNSSHP, there may be open items. We got a lot of open candy when we were there, just from being scooped up & dumped in our bags. I'd hope that the candy from MNSSHP & MVMCP would be cleared out by Auguest when you travel, but I can't guarantee that either. Let me know what you think...if you want the box, I'd be happy to add you, but like PP said, it depends on your level of comfort.

If, or should I say WHEN:goodvibes, the box turns up, maybe someone can comment on the food items that are in the box for NewWorld Traveler.

On a positive note, :welcome: lisam427, niccikatie, NewWorldTraveler, Madisonsmom45 :welcome:

Keeping my fingers crossed & thinking happy thoughts! :wizard:

I have to say I am super annoyed that they lost the box because I made sure it was labeled and even told the girl twice it needed to go to POFQ. I am willing to bet it is still in POR luggage services somewhere where I dropped it off. They know what it looks like because when I went to pick it up the guy said "oh yeah, I know that box" so it's not new to them. It still should have a gold piece of paper on it with Sharon's info.

On a separate note I want to thank profusely whoever left the box of Crispix in there...it was a lifesaver for the mornings and dd loved it so much I am now buying it from our grocery store at home!

Also whoever left the pipecleaners...my dd and niece had a ball with those! Thanks so much!

The problems seem to happen on EVERY transfer b/w POR and POFQ. Maybe we should have 2 separate boxes or just have people pick it up wherever the last people stayed rather than transfer.

The problems seem to happen on EVERY transfer b/w POR and POFQ. Maybe we should have 2 separate boxes or just have people pick it up wherever the last people stayed rather than transfer.

I think you are on to something. I am also starting to think they are going to give me the stink eye when I ask for it.

I soo wish I had internet while at WDW. They did not have the box for me anywhere, they called over to POFQ and found a box for Sharon Stinson, I did not know the name of the person before me so I didnt mess with it. Now that I see the post of her name, I realise that was the box. BUT, once again, I started another new box, left it for the next person at POFQ. So, I do suggest that the next person asks for the box for Sharon also, they offered it to me and I told them just in case it was a different PIF I wouldnt mess with it. The new box I put together was a quickie! It is a smaller brown box with laminated lime green Mickey heads taped on it. I hope that both boxes are able to be found. I do think it would be better to have seperate boxes for each POR and POFQ, unless that will leave too long of gaps between guests. Just my opinion. This was my 3rd time signed up for the box and I have yet to actually receive it :confused3 guess its just my luck.

Anyway, we had a wonderful trip, not home yet, we stopped overnight in Georgia and will drive the remaining 10 hours tomorrow.

I soo wish I had internet while at WDW. They did not have the box for me anywhere, they called over to POFQ and found a box for Sharon Stinson, I did not know the name of the person before me so I didnt mess with it. Now that I see the post of her name, I realise that was the box. BUT, once again, I started another new box, left it for the next person at POFQ. So, I do suggest that the next person asks for the box for Sharon also, they offered it to me and I told them just in case it was a different PIF I wouldnt mess with it. The new box I put together was a quickie! It is a smaller brown box with laminated lime green Mickey heads taped on it. I hope that both boxes are able to be found. I do think it would be better to have seperate boxes for each POR and POFQ, unless that will leave too long of gaps between guests. Just my opinion. This was my 3rd time signed up for the box and I have yet to actually receive it :confused3 guess its just my luck.

Anyway, we had a wonderful trip, not home yet, we stopped overnight in Georgia and will drive the remaining 10 hours tomorrow.

I'm so sorry you didn't get the box, but really gld you had a wonderful trip! Thanks so much for starting another. It really stinks you've yet to see it after you make it! This swap would be dead in the water without you now on several occasions. But I'm really glad it's there...we can definitely attempt to have 2 different boxes going...I'm not sure how many on our list are FQ & how many are POR though...there may be some huge gaps right now, until we get them both going....and I'm sure it'll get lost that way too. :(

How heavy is the box, does anyone know?? It sounds heavy from what the last person to post what was in it said. It's a hike to walk it over to the other resort if it's heavy...and I don't want to ask our swappers to do that. :confused3

Are we CLEARLY labeling the box w/ the correct resort when it needs to go to the other? POR & FQ are one resort, it really shouldn't be a problem to get them to bring it to the correct side...they go back & forth all day long. I know though that even when we do everything right, and bring it to the right spot, it'll still disappear from time to time. I know I'm putting way too much faith in the cast members down there, but I just can't understand how they can't find this box when asked about it.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter