FREE Microsoft Student 2006 ($99 value)

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by MyGoofy26, Aug 21, 2005.

1. MyGoofy26

MyGoofy26 DIS Veteran

As always, I find the good stuff at Slickdeals - this time credit goes to J.Bourne.

Microsoft Student 2006

The site is getting slammed so it may take a couple attempts. I was able to get the site and enter my info with no problems but I had to keep hitting back and re-submitting my info. It took 3 tries for it to process.

I don't know how long this will last, so if you're interested in it or think you might be interested then you may want to hurry.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. summerrluvv

summerrluvv <font color=darkorchid>Work Hard. Have Fun.<br><f

Cool, thanks!

4. got2lovedisney

got2lovedisney DIS Veteran

Took awhile but I got through...thanks!

5. Free4Life11

Free4Life11 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=red>I just have to

Just so you know, this ISN'T Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. It looks JUST like Microsoft Office Student and Teachers version so it's easy to mix them up...

6. MyGoofy26

MyGoofy26 DIS Veteran

Thanks for adding that Free4Life11 - I meant to add that note in there. But yeah, it's a new product, and I think there's a small description on that site.

From the MS website:

Sometimes the hardest part about doing homework is getting started. Learning Essentials for Students provides assignment-specific guidance in Microsoft Office applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint®, and Excel. With curriculum-based templates, tools, and tutorials, Learning Essentials helps with a variety of subjects and assignments, from history reports and essays to physics projects and chemistry labs.

Getting past the blank page
    The easy-to-use and intuitive tools, templates, and tutorials in Learning Essentials help students get past formatting questions and puts them into the core of the assignment to create high-quality reports, presentations, science projects, and other assignments more easily. Developed in cooperation with well-regarded academic publishers like Pearson Prentice Hall, SchoolKiT, and Great Source Houghton Mifflin Co., Learning Essentials even offers tips, tricks, and tutorials for managing homework projects and developing study aids.

Writing in Spanish, French, and German?
    Microsoft Student 2006 unlocks tools in Microsoft Office specially designed for foreign language assignments, providing templates for writing in Spanish, French, and German. Once a template is launched, the student will have tools available specifically for writing in that language, such as letters with appropriate accents and spell checking with suggested correct spellings.

Putting together a polished package
    Learning Essentials help students create accurate and compelling work—even in math and science. Guidelines and templates for Microsoft PowerPoint make for sharp analytical presentations, and templates for Microsoft Excel improve critical thinking on physics and chemistry assignments.

7. poohfan

poohfan Mouseketeer

This is a new software package that MS came out with. It's intended for Middle School and High School students. It contains things like math tutorials and report templates. You can get more information about it on the microsoft.com website.

:flower:

8. cruisnfamily

cruisnfamily <font color=teal>Please save me from 5th grade mat

Is this some kind of "tutorial" program? Or is it a program that actually does stuff?

9. tink2020

tink2020 Suddenly Tagless!

Thanks! I got through pretty quickly... let us know if anyone gets theirs!

10. nepean

nepean Mouseketeer

Got it!! Thanks!!! My daughter does high school on line and this will be a great help.

11. disneyxo

disneyxo Mouseketeer

Thank you :) It took me awhile had to hit refresh a couple of times but definately worth the wait!

12. momof1princess

momof1princess <font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex

thanks so much! my DD isn't old enough for it, but i picked up a copy for my 13 yo cousin! :)

13. blondimom

blondimom Keeping Busy Being Fabulous!!!!

Just got through-Thanks!! :Pinkbounc

14. MyGoofy26

MyGoofy26 DIS Veteran

Both.

More info - this is from the first page that pops up in the link I gave, for those who want to see what it's about before clicking.

Introducing Microsoft® Student

Microsoft demonstrates its ongoing commitment to education with the introduction of Microsoft Student 2006, a comprehensive set of essential homework tools every student needs to achieve academic success. With curriculum-based templates and tutorials, groundbreaking graphing calculator software, trusted digital reference content, and tools for cutting through online clutter, Microsoft Student 2006 makes it easier for kids to start and complete high-quality assignments in less time.

On this website, you can order one full package of Microsoft Student free of charge*. You will also receive a CD containing Learning Essentials for Microsoft Office, the new education add-in for schools that transforms your familiar Office applications into a customized set of tools specially designed for 21st-century teaching and learning.

Microsoft hopes you enjoy Microsoft Student and looks forward to hearing from you about your experience.

The Microsoft Student Team

15. Tigger1

Tigger1 DIS Veteran

Is this for teachers only? I fit that catagory so thats good for me. I did get threw but had to hit submit several times,
    thanks for the information MYGOOFY@^

Your great

Tigger

16. iNTeNSeBLue98

iNTeNSeBLue98 DIS Veteran

This is at the bottom of the sign up page:
    Microsoft intends that the use of this product comply with applicable federal, state, and local government gift and ethics rules. If you are a government employee (including an employee of a public education institution), this product may be used for evaluation purposes only. This means your use of the software must be solely for the benefit of your agency/institution, and not for the personal use or benefit of any individual. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines, you should consult with your agency/institution counsel or ethics officer prior to your use of the software. You may return this product to Microsoft at its expense.

I placed an order for DD who starts HS in next week. Thanks for posting!

17. tnhillbilly

tnhillbilly Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. Got mine after 3 times. :hug:

18. scrappinmom

scrappinmom Still Tagless.......

GUess I'm the unlucky one...I've been trying now for 2 days & cannot seem to get thru! I get thru putting in my info then I get tossed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ugh

19. scrappinmom

scrappinmom Still Tagless.......

Never mind! The maigical power of being sad on the DIS board.....talk about pixie dust! I went back after that last post & tried one more time & got thru instantly!!!!! thank you :banana:

20. DisneyForLife

DisneyForLife DIS Veteran

Thank you to the original poster. I got one on the first try. Good deal.

21. mousefansmom

mousefansmom DIS Veteran DVC Gold

dead link for me. . . :confused3

mousefansmom