Free Lunch from strangers!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by BrightScouter, Jun 6, 2009.

1. BrightScouter

BrightScouter Dis Veteran

Had to tell everyone. We went into the parks this morning and got in line at the ABC commissary right before they were scheduled to open. A couple came up and asked if we were on the dining plan and we said no. they asked if they could buy us lunch and we said yes! They were leaving in an hour and had 6 lunch credits left. So, we got a free lunch today!!!

Those of you on DDP, pass it on! I don't think I will ever buy it, since it just doesn't seem to work for us. But, if I ever do, I will definitely pass on anything we have left.

2. BridgetBordeaux

BridgetBordeaux DIS Veteran

That is really cool!

3. lisajl

lisajl <Font color=green>This is our dog Chloe!<br><font

Hey...that is what the Disney magic is all about! How nice of them.

4. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. JerseyMamaBear

JerseyMamaBear DIS Veteran

6. jemgumby

jemgumby DIS Veteran

We had that happen to us a couple of years ago. The nice man and his wife had too many dining credits left and bought DH, me and DD our lunch. It's so nice when people do that and definitely something I will try to do for others in the future!!! Glad it happend to you too!

7. java

java <font color=darkorchid>I am embracing the Turkey B

That's very nice! Glad you got to enjoy the wealth!:thumbsup2

8. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Hey, we did that too! We had extra that we knew we couldn't use up so we "shared" a table and shared our CS meals.

Great to think the MAGIC endures...........:thumbsup2

9. pilesoflaundry

pilesoflaundry <font color=green>it doesn't get scratched as ofte

How nice :).

10. EpcotIsMyFave

EpcotIsMyFave Mouseketeer

What a great way to spread that pixie dust! BTW - I see you are from Lowell! I'm about an hour west of you!

11. minnieluvzmickey

minnieluvzmickey <font color=blue>I click my hills together! ;)</fo

I did this once at AKL. I was buying my breakfast at Mara and still had 3 CS left that would go to waste so I bought the next three people in line behind me breakfast. They were so happy and it felt great to spread some pixie dust.

12. Shleedogg

Shleedogg DIS Veteran

How nice! We actually had a family offer to buy us lunch when we were at ASSp in Jan. We were walking through the food ct area on our way back to our room and a man asked if we had had lunch yet and we said yes. Apparently he forgot he had the DDP and had been paying for meals oop all week! :confused3. He had been using up credits by buying a lot of snacks so sent us away with a giant bag of Cheetos. It was so nice of him!

13. hrh_disney_queen

hrh_disney_queen <font color=red>My DH has the hots for Stacey<br><

About 4 years ago a guy gave DH 6 vouchers for free CS meals while I was in line checking in. He said they were leaving and couldn't use them. I don't know what they did to get vouchers around 4 years ago, is that how they did the DP back then? Anyway, we certainly appreciated it, and thought of his kindness every time we used one.:goodvibes

14. mc'smommy

mc'smommy Troublemaker Tours

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

AWESOME !!

15. teresajoy

teresajoy <font color=deeppink>World's Proudest Aunt!<br><fo

That is so wonderful!!!! I love stories like this!!

They use to sell dining vouchers online from various places. They were slightly discounted and included the tip too. When we went to CRT in 2004 we used them to pay for our meals.

ETA: When my son's friend went to Disney in April (with the band) he brought back a meal voucher that he had left over. He gave it to Corey. I assume it was a special thing they do for schools?

16. brymolmom

brymolmom DIS Veteran

I have tried but failed. :(

A couple years ago, new to the DP and clueless - we ended up with extra CS credits.

On our last day I decided I would buy something for someone at POP's food court. So I go there and grab what I need and get in line behind a couple. Well, I started to ask them if I could buy them lunch and, unfortunately, they did not speak English (or not very well) - so I'm afraid I totally confused them and it did not go well. I tried for a couple minutes still to mime what I wanted to do - but ended up not getting through. I tried the guy behind me too - but he had the DP and didn't need the credits! At this point, sad and defeated, I left the food court, and WDW, with a few unused credits.

17. teresajoy

teresajoy <font color=deeppink>World's Proudest Aunt!<br><fo

That is both, sad and kind of funny! What a wonderful nice thing that you tried to do!! I wish I had been in line in front or behind you!! :thumbsup2

18. hrh_disney_queen

hrh_disney_queen <font color=red>My DH has the hots for Stacey<br><

Yes, I think that when DS11 went to WDW a couple of weeks ago with school, the tour group gave them meal vouchers for TS and CS.

19. minnie mouse

minnie mouse Mouseketeer

We have done this the last two years. It seems we always end up with 4 extra counter service. So the last day we are there we find a family of four and buy them lunch. It is better than letting them go to waste and it makes someone day, so it's a win - win situation.

20. ClarabelleCowFan

ClarabelleCowFan <font color=teal>Found Someone You Have<br><font c

We did this one year on free dining. We had extra CS credits so we ended up buying lunch at Seasons for a couple we met in line for Soarin'. Turned out they were from the same town and only lived a few miles away from us. We loved being able to "treat" them.

21. maddiesmom0116

maddiesmom0116 DIS Veteran

I have done this several times too. We had a nice couple do this for us once at Sci Fi that got us started.We never use all of our credits, we always do deluxe and seem to always have a meal we skip. I also give out snacks when I am buying my mass qty at the end of the trip to whoever gets stuck behind me in line.