Free Disney Dining Plan 2016!!

I've just booked 3 weeks at OKW for sept 2016, 2 adults and 2 kids who class as adults. Prices were crazy, OKW same price as CSr by the time we factored in ddp upgrade, and AKL was same price as Por almost. We originally were going back to POR but OKW was nearly £500 cheaper and we get bigger room with kitchenette and still have boat to DTd that we love

We did, @Elise79 - we didn't upgrade the room or the dining plan, so we actually saved over £900 compared to SSR. We have to travel during school holidays, so the money will be very useful to pay for our flights, which won't be cheap!

Hi All,

Long time board watcher, first time poster. Looking into booking WDW for a honeymoon in October 2016, finalising dates and booking shortly.

Wondering if Universal offer any similar packages for 2016? Thanks for the help.

Wondering if Universal offer any similar packages for 2016?

to make it short : no
but just have a look at mousesavers and subscribe to their newsletter, and you'll see what kind of deals you can expect (but be aware that they're very rare)

Arguably the best way to tackle booking Universal is to look for a good rate on one of their deluxe hotels and this provides you with free front of line passes to nearly all rides (excluding the Harry Potter stuff). You still have to buy tickets. They do have meal plans but personally I have never heard of them being free. Anyway. Food is less of an issue at Universal. It's not as good but generally not as expensive either and you don't need to book up 6 months in advance!!!!

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Orlando for 2016, and i have one question about MDX.
I will book 2 differents rooms for the same dates (because we are 8 persons), so I will have 2 different reservation numbers.

I want to know if it's possible to link these 2 reservations numbers on my MDX account, and if i can choose and book restaurant and fastpass+ for them.

Thanks in advance,
Yann

Hello,

I'm planning a trip to Orlando for 2016, and i have one question about MDX.
I will book 2 differents rooms for the same dates (because we are 8 persons), so I will have 2 different reservation numbers.

I want to know if it's possible to link these 2 reservations numbers on my MDX account, and if i can choose and book restaurant and fastpass+ for them.

Thanks in advance,
Yann

Just link the people to your family and friends list and then you will be able to make adr etc for you all :)

Ive had a chat with my Partner and i think we are going to bite and book for Port Orleans Riverside. yes it is £5k but it is for 3 weeks with QS DDP and it is going to be a lifetime holiday. Thats quote has come in from Ocean Florida. Ive also sent for a quote for OKW/ AKL just to see how much it would cost for them considering the Free upgrade to the Standard DDP.

Keep us posted Lee. I know its more than you were thinking, but in a few years you won't remeber the money, you'll just remember the experience. 3 weeks would be great, time to really relax and enjoy everything. I as surprised how much we didn't manage to do in 2 weeks - we did A LOT, but there was still more I'd planned, so 3 weeks would be ideal!

Sencybil x

Now im divided. It will only cost me £700 more to upgrade from Port orleans Riverside to Old key West but which will also bump me up to the Standard Dinning Plan which is almost too tempting.

What i am confused about is what kind of room would i be given there as a regular guest because its a DVC so im assuming no standard rooms?

The rooms at OKW are studio, 1 bed or 2 bed villa.

The studio are like a hotel room with 2 uk king sized beds plus the bonus of a small kitchenette with fridge, coffee pot and toaster. The rooms are also the largest at OKW.

Thanks for the replies.

So... Given the choice, id like to know what you guys would do in my position.

option 1. Port Orleans Riverside with Quick Service Dinning for £5k
option 2. Old Key West with regular Dinning Plan for £5.7k

Never been to Old Key West which is my biggest apprehension where as Riverside is like being 'Home from Home'

Also, does OKW also offer boat travel to Downtown Disney?

Thanks for the replies.

So... Given the choice, id like to know what you guys would do in my position.

option 1. Port Orleans Riverside with Quick Service Dinning for £5k
option 2. Old Key West with regular Dinning Plan for £5.7k

Never been to Old Key West which is my biggest apprehension where as Riverside is like being 'Home from Home'

Also, does OKW also offer boat travel to Downtown Disney?
Yes, it has a boat to dtd.

We stayed at POR before OKW and I think OKW is a better option. It's a studio so room is bigger and you have a small kitchen and a private balcony also delux tolietries (if that's important to you!)The set up is similar to POR with separate buildings, quiet pools and a main themed pool. It also has the boat to DTD. The bus service seemed much better I imagine because a lot of people use cars so they are not as busy as POR. This was particularly noticeable when returning at night after Wishes for example. The CS isn't a patch on POR it is literally a small over the counter with limited choices. Also cars are parked outside the buildings and there are roads within the resort - this could be a bonus if you have a car, but I did like the car free resort at POR.
Given that you are staying for 3 weeks I imagine the extra space and self catering aspect could be useful, but POR is lovely if it's down to price.
Enjoy choosing!

Don't forget with the free regular dining plan you will need to tip at least 15% for every table service meal. Over three weeks that's quite a lot so you need to add that to your overall price.

@Lee Matthews - @scoobydooby makes a really good point about the tips. Whilst it wasn't too bad when we had one week on DDP, we couldn't justify 2 weeks of tipping at that rate. We opted for a moderate with free QSDP this time round and will book a couple of table service meals and pay out of pocket. We found the prescriptive nature of what you could and couldn't have for a table service credit meant we had way too much food last year! Neither of us eat a lot, and we spent a lot of time being rather over-full!

Thats certainly food for thought,

Taking somewhere like Be Our Guest that had a Steak Entre' for $33 would that be covered under the regular 1 table service or is there likely to be a $5 premium fee on top because of the menu item?

I didnt realise that OKW also was next to one of the Golf Courses which is what my partner wants to do, so he is swaying towards there with me now.

There is no additional fee for BOG steak. An additional fee (e.g. For lobster tails somewhere but I can't remember where) it is clear on the menu you would have to pay the extra amount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!