Free Disney Dining Plan 2016!!

Hubby said I could have 10 days at SSR or 14 at CSR... We're going to CSR! :) We will pay OOP for a few table meals but we'll still be saving money! :)

Yea BudgieMama! I may have missed you saying already, but what dates did you go for?

Congrats, and here is to more, happy planning!

I am now (finally) settled and ready to start playing with options! :bitelip:

Yea BudgieMama! I may have missed you saying already, but what dates did you go for?

Congrats, and here is to more, happy planning!

I am now (finally) settled and ready to start playing with options! :bitelip:

We are going 15th August to 29th August- it fits nicely- our wedding anniversary is August 14th, and my birthday September 1st, so we'll celebrate both there! :D

Have fun with playing with the options! :D

Oh, I thought I had it all figured out.

But it's £500 cheaper (even with upgrading to DDP) to stay at Coronado Springs than at SSR... but we loved Saratoga Springs. Gah!

Hubby said I could have 10 days at SSR or 14 at CSR... We're going to CSR! :) We will pay OOP for a few table meals but we'll still be saving money! :)

I stayed at SSR for two weeks in Sep 14 and we have just come back from a split stay with a week at Coronado.

If you like SSR you're gonna love CSR.

The resort is really beautiful, we stayed in the Cabanas area and were delighted with it. We were in room 8605 which looked out over the lake.

It was 2 mins to the bus stop, 2 mins to the pool. About 7 or 8 minutes to the main food court, but as you could fill up cups at the pool it was easier to pop there.

The buses were really good, so quiet, never needed to stand even at 8am heading to MK there was plenty of room.

We really liked Coronado. I honestly preferred the theming to SSR. SSR is a beautiful resort, I just felt the theming was slightly more to my taste at CSR. It certainly did not feel like a step down from SSR in terms of "deluxeness" if that makes sense.

If you are on the dining plan the kitchen is less than necessary, and although DTD is nice, we found CSR to be very central to all the parks in terms of traveltime. It was literally 3 or 4 mins to HS, 5 or 6 to Epcot, 10 to MK and maybe 7 or 8 to AK.

I am trying to make up my mind whether to go to CBR - I'm just worried I will get irritated with the number of bus stops. It's either that or go for the value of ASMu. As I will be going on my own next trip it makes the free dining less attractive than for a family of 4 or 5. Makes more sense to pay the upgrade on the dining plan.

So far ASMu works out at GBP1629 with upgrade to QSD
or CBR is GBP2133 with free QSD plus $200 giftcard.

Maybe I should have a vote! I have done 4 nights at ASMu tagged on the end of a trip - just not sure whether 2 weeks there may feel a bit too hectic!

:confused3
We are going 15th August to 29th August- it fits nicely- our wedding anniversary is August 14th, and my birthday September 1st, so we'll celebrate both there! :D

Have fun with playing with the options! :D

Sounds fantastic!

I am pricing 2 & 3 weeks in September for POFQ. Extra £900 for 3 weeks, can't decide if it is worth it?! :confused:

Now I am wondering about end of August? Is he end of August a nice time to go? Quiet?

Decisions!!:confused3

The only slight disadvantage I can see is the difference in flight costs, although room rates are similar flights seem to stay high until around 5th Sep, if this year is anything to compare it to.

We have done last two weeks of Aug (2011) as well as Last two of Sep (2014) and we thought crowds were similar, maybe that's due to the parks generally getting busier these days. I would go in Sep except we have an important birthday on 18th which I would never want to miss. That always pushes our trips either side.

We saved over £200 with booking in February just checked there, best time and where to book flights for dec 2016

BOOKED!!

3 adults at the Coronado for 11 days for £2k

Well chuffed to get the free dining and the free Memory Maker (well happy with that!)

Now justneed to book some flights, do you think it would be better just booking through Disney or elsewhere?

wow lots of numbers flying around in my note book today !! so wish could see flights too

im making list of all the options ready to crunch the numbers with dh tomorow

well done to all who have booked already

Flights are almost always cheapest about a month after being released, you often get last minute deals a few weeks out but it's too much of a gamble to wait in case the dates don't work.

I can always get flights myself cheaper than Disney offer for flights. I find skyskanner the easiest way to compare but they only have up to March 2016 at the moment.

Good luck everybody, I hope everyone gets what they are after.

Virgin Holidays have flights available too for later in 2016. I just did comparative pricing with the WDW offers and then worked out what they are charging for flights. It's pretty reasonable for October 2016. I never book packages but based on what I've seen tonight I might because VH have the Contemporary Resort as an option and the WDW site doesn't. I imagine I will be booked on Sunday. I never hold out very long!!!!!!

Virgin Holidays have flights available too for later in 2016. I just did comparative pricing with the WDW offers and then worked out what they are charging for flights. It's pretty reasonable for October 2016. I never book packages but based on what I've seen tonight I might because VH have the Contemporary Resort as an option and the WDW site doesn't. I imagine I will be booked on Sunday. I never hold out very long!!!!!!
Kenwood travel has the Contemporary, VA flights, and comimg in a lot cheaper then VH.

Who is everyone booking through. ?

Virgin seems ok, Thomson website has no free dining yet.... How do you book direct ? Disney web sites always default to uk so i can't see what the $ price would be

Tony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts