Free Disney Dining Plan 2016!!

Just had notification that Disney are releasing their free Dining Plan from the 23rd April! Bigger and better this year with value, moderate and deluxe hotels all benefitting. Along with up to 40% discount on selected hotels!

I'll keep you posted as I know more on prices etc...
That is great news, roll on the 23rd!

Question time, I want to check in on the last available date for the free dining but was thinking of doing a split stay does the free dining carry over onto the next checkin although it will be out of the free dining offer as our stay started within the free dining offer? Hope that made sense!

Question time, I want to check in on the last available date for the free dining but was thinking of doing a split stay does the free dining carry over onto the next checkin although it will be out of the free dining offer as our stay started within the free dining offer? Hope that made sense!
I think not. When I asked about it, the offer says something along the line (minimum stay five nights). And each hotel reservation is counted as a new one. So you would get it for the first one but not the second.

First time poster with breaking news , Joined april first, Posted april first

Well ....

First time poster with breaking news , Joined april first, Posted april first

Well ....

Although after noon- April's Fools pranks must be pulled before midday, or the prankster is the fool.

OP: I hope that date is right. I'm waiting on tenter hooks for the deals to go live!

Theres loads of this on the other forum site not sure if I am allowed to say but it begins with The D they even have blackout dates etc for 2016 also someone on there is pre booking already. Hope this helps. Sadly the blackout dates dont work for us for the free dining we go the 19th March and free dining ends on the 15th hey ho glad I booked Villa then.

there is always a period over eater that has been blacked out

hurry up and release it !! i need some numbers to work with

Just had notification that Disney are releasing their free Dining Plan from the 23rd April! Bigger and better this year with value, moderate and deluxe hotels all benefitting. Along with up to 40% discount on selected hotels!

I'll keep you posted as I know more on prices etc...

Just when we was deciding to do universal and skip disney!! Hope this comes true as that will be awesome.

I had a notification from cheapflights.co.uk about free dining this morning but it's the only place I've seen it so far.

Virgin Holidays facebook page mentioned the 23rd as well. But does anyone think this might cover late 2015 dates as well as 2016?

The dates I have seen are all 2016. Blackouts being the usual Easter and December.

Also the OKW and SSR discount looks to have been reduced again to around 27/28%.

Officially bookable on 23rd but some agents are giving quotes now ready so clients can book on the 23rd.

Also the OKW and SSR discount looks to have been reduced again to around 27/28%.

I've often wondered about that discount

OKW and SSR have been discounted at 30 or 35% in the past, but on the rack rate.

When a deal is not offered, Disney UK always has a "Combine and Save" offer, which depends on the resort and duration of stay. To get this discount, you only need to buy tickets as part of the package along with the accomodation

For example, a 14 nights stay at SSR this fall for 2 adults, gets £162 off £3248 (accomodation only)
so those 14 nights (excluding tickets) cost £3086 and that's a 4.9% discount off the rack rate.

if we get 28% off as part of the FD deal.
28% off the rack rate => 28% off £3248 = £2338
30% off the rack rate => 30% off £3248 = £2273
35% off the rack rate => 35% off £3248 = £2111

now if I run the 27/28% against the already discounted rate (combine and save)
28% off £3086 = £2221
27% off £3086 = £2252

what we see is that depending on the rate used to calculate the discount, we find rather similar results.

the question is what rate is used when a 28% discount is advertised ?
Is it 28% off rack rate, or is it 28% off regular pricing which already includes a discount. But since you can't stack the discounts, the combine and save drops when you get FD + room discount, making the overall discount fall a bit (compared to regular everyday price, since it's discounted in the first place if you buy tickets)

I've never managed to get a clear picture as to the real value of the discount.

The quoted discount has always been off rack rate not including the combine and save.

For this years stay we don't have combine and save but did last year!

Either way I don't think I will be booking free dining as we don't need tickets and if I can get a good price on renting DVC points it will be cheaper for us to book that way (as I can use our leftover points too!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!