Free dining

Brittmarie04

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if free dining will be offered for summer dates 2013? I'd like to go this summer and would love to get free dining. My dates are very flexible so I can make anything work. Also I will be on a disney cruise then staying at pop for 2 days in end of Jan. so anyone know if free dining is a current bounce back offer at pop?

Disney hasn't given out Free Dining in the last few promos. :worried: They haven't released anything for summer except the very beginning of June and it was for Disney Visa only so far. It was up to 30% off resorts and some ticket discounts as well I'm not sure all the details.

Oh, I hope they do. My in laws are going in Sept and I hope the free dining is an option1

They offered free dining in Dec. We just got back before Christmas from a two week free dining trip. I believe they also offered a bounceback free dining offer for Aug/Sept. 2013 this past fall. They do not offer free dining during the peak of summer. Plan for the end of Aug. through Sept. They have not always offered it for Oct/Nov/Dec. But the last few years they have. If anything is going to come out for Aug/Sept. to the general public we will probably not know until April at the earliest.

Side note: The two weeks we were there was not very busy despite free dining being offered. I was expecting it to pick up the closer we got to Christmas but it didn't happen like in previous years that we had gone. The busiest we encountered was Dec 15 in the Magic Kingdom. This was expected though with it being a Saturday. The wait times were low for most things except for the very popular attractions such as Toy Story Mania/Soarin/Test Track/Everest and Peter Pan which always seem to be busy. Also the New Fantasyland attractions The Little Mermaid and Enchanted Tales with Belle were very busy with long waits. Dumbo was walk on. The double Dumbo's really make a huge difference for that ride. Counter Service was busier than Table Service places as well. I think most people chose a value resort and did not upgrade. Even BOG had tables empty despite not being able to get an ADR. Crystal Palace breakfast had the most tables empty while we were there from 8:30am till almost 10am.

Oh, I hope they do. My in laws are going in Sept and I hope the free dining is an option1

Are they aware that it is very hot weather in Sept? We went once in Sept. and never again. The heat is just too much for us to enjoy ourselves. It was in the 90's and humid the whole time we were there. We have been in April, Sept, end of Oct, begin of Nov, and Dec. December is our favorite because of the Christmas decorations but the end of Oct. begin of Nov was nice for the weather as well as lower crowds. It was neat being in the MK one day and it was decorated for Halloween and the next day it was decorated for Christmas- as the first Christmas party was about to start.

RandomPrincess said:
Disney hasn't given out Free Dining in the last few promos. :worried: They haven't released anything for summer except the very beginning of June and it was for Disney Visa only so far. It was up to 30% off resorts and some ticket discounts as well I'm not sure all the details.

Thanks for the info. I was debating on getting disney visa. We're going on disney dream in 2 weeks followed by a few days at Disney. Hm do u remember what the ticket discounts were? I've never got discounted tickets before

My sister got a pin in the mail for free dining yesterday...dates good through the end of February.

I have heard some rumors that if they offer "free" dining later this year, it will not include the Value Resorts and for the others it will be QSDP only

That's most likley true, its available this year on the UK website and is QSP only but can be upgraded for extra payment.

Yes, there is a prevailing rumor (unconfirmed) that there will be free dining offered to the general public for September, but it will not be available at the value resorts. If this is true, you will have to upgrade your resort to get free dining.

UK has done this for years (not available at value resorts, QS offered free at moderates)

We are banking on free dining for our trip in Aug too. We are booked for the last week of Aug, so i hope that helps our chances :goodvibes It's so hard to wait!

We are planning on going the week after Labor Day in Sept-I am SO hoping for free dining! Our plan right now (w/out free dining) is to stay at Arts/Animation, but if free dining comes along, I know we'll have to upgrade...Here's to keeping fingers crossed and lots of Pixie Dust for all of Sept!!!

I have heard some rumors that if they offer "free" dining later this year, it will not include the Value Resorts and for the others it will be QSDP only

My DS 17 received a mail offer for FD through the end of April. Just for giggles I called to see if Value Resorts were included and they were. I was also curious why they were sending the offer to a 17 YR OLD :confused3 She said because he would be turning 18 during the offer period?

The rumor is that the general public offer for Aug/Sept (not the limited distribution offers like PIN codes or bouncebacks) will not include value resorts. Of course it's only still a rumor.

We had free dining this past September. We got a bounce-back offer for September of this year.

However, at the time, we weren't sure where we'd be finacially, so we didn't book it. (I had just that very week gotten laid off at work - complete surprise - but PTL, I had an offer within a week of getting home!)

So, now, we are secure in our finances, and want to go in September again... I'm just hoping they do some type of free dining again, if not, I'm gonna kick myself for not booking the bounce-back offer!

Does anyone know if free dining will be offered for summer dates 2013? I'd like to go this summer and would love to get free dining. My dates are very flexible so I can make anything work. Also I will be on a disney cruise then staying at pop for 2 days in end of Jan. so anyone know if free dining is a current bounce back offer at pop?

Waiting for the same thing. I would like to go mid to late August and have not seen any offers yet. A friend did receive a PIN recently that covers that period, but it was a room discount, not free dining.

I could handle that. Sign me up for August.:thumbsup2 Thanks Cheshire. Now the waiting game.

I need some help - I am trying to plan a trip for the fall (Oct. or Nov.)- I have a wish list that I would like accomplished. Now I know it purely a guess but I know the Dis boards are my best shot to get some help. I trying to guess the best date to book for 10 days (thinking of the Aoa)....and I'd like the following....

Free dining (most important) poss twds the end of the offer so I can get it the rest of our stay

Nice weather (not too hot)

Not Jersey week

Osborne lights up (at least a couple of the days)

Food & Wine (at least a couple days)

Appreciate any help - Id be on cloud 9.... :cloud9:

also if I should have posted this on another link please let me know that too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter