Free Dining

shenaniganzz

DIS Veteran
I saw that a FDP will be offered on Monday? I have some questions..

- Are deluxe dining plans offered too or usually just quick service and regular dining?

- Can you upgrade from the dining plan to deluxe?

Deluxe plan isn't offered. But you can pay the diffrence and upgrade.

Well, I have been crunching numbers and it doesn't seem as if the FDP will save us that much... or am I missing something? :confused3

From what I understand, I cannot add the discount - FDP if I book through a TA?

So, if I have to book through Disney, then to stay at POP for 5 days in early Sept. would be $1188 - that is w/ basic Magic your Way. If I add to upgrade from the QSP they are offering on Monday to the DDP, it's an additional $375.

Flights (priced right now) are running about $1300.

Therefore, the total to book "a la carte" would be about $2900.

However, when I price out the same through Air Canada Vacations for our dates, adding the DDP I get a cost of $2500.

Am I missing something?!

I might be able to get a sale on flights though I am not sure it will be substantially lower.. maybe a few hundred... but that would still apparently even out at best.

The only thing I may be missing is I cannot tell from AC Vacations if the Magic Your Way pass is incl. in the rate when you select the dining plan option.

Bah! I am going to need a vacation due to the headache from the planning so far! ;)

Any thoughts, suggestions?

If you booked through a TA, your TA can call and change your package to FD. FD for me did not save anything, in fact it would cost more if I switched to it. I'm booked with the prior offer of 35% a mod room currently. I called and got a price quote with FD and upgrading to DxDP (which we currently are booked with) and it ended up being $40 more due to the requirement of a photo book purchase. If that photo book wasn't required, we'd save about $50 which still isn't much. I was disappointed because I thought FD was a good deal but not for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter