Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

HUH? I hope she didn't say that.. not very customer service oriented.. what could you have done wrong?!? called? that makes no sense..
Don't give up! FD is coming your way!!!

No, she didn't say that--I have an awesome CM. I have a bounceback that I booked last fall, and the dates overlapped. Apparently, the computers don't like that. :rolleyes1 So she had to go back and modify my bounceback dates before she could make my new res. And now her computer is doing an update, so I'm on hold again.

"Kiss the girl . . . ."

Silly question, if I wanted to book the deposit with my Disney Chase card, but tpay off the rest with another card later, can I do that?

:headache:I was just making my reservation and the CM said their was an error with that code and would call me back when it was fixed. AHHHHHH! All this waiting is killing me.

I am so bummed :( DH shot me down without even listening to reasoning!! Oh well, he knows I'm not happy, so I'm going to book on Monday anyway, and hope I can convince him over the next few months, dont know what is wrong with that man, how could I marry a 'non Disney lover' :confused3:confused3

:sad1: Definitely book it, then work on him. We always say it's better to have something booked and have to cancel than to want to book something but have it sold out.

Ok We're in! AS Music Family Suite - 8/20 to 8/29 Free Dining!!!!

Awesome--congrats! Sandi--go for the Family Suite while it's still available! I'm sure those will book up quickly.

Like many of you, I'm now being told they can only book deluxe dining, so that's what I'm doing. Then I'll call back and drop the deluxe part once the codes are fixed.

:headache:I was just making my reservation and the CM said their was an error with that code and would call me back when it was fixed. AHHHHHH! All this waiting is killing me.

I had the same problem!!! They are having trouble with the code not going in. Was told to try again in about an hour.:headache:

I was told right as mine finished up that they are now instructing callers to call back. The code is wreaking havoc with their system.
Be patient, and call back in a couple of hours!

I am so bummed :( DH shot me down without even listening to reasoning!! Oh well, he knows I'm not happy, so I'm going to book on Monday anyway, and hope I can convince him over the next few months, dont know what is wrong with that man, how could I marry a 'non Disney lover' :confused3:confused3

:grouphug:

They are defiitely having computer problems this morning.

The cm's were told to book the deluxe dining and tell guests to call back later to change it. Now (as of about 5 minutes ago) they've been told they can't do that anymore and to get everyone to call back later today to book.

WE GOT IT!!!!! My DW called exactly at 7 am and we got FD - was done by 7:15. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana: Good luck to the rest of you on hold - hope you're able to get what you want

Historically it has been the difference between the price of the basic and deluxe dining plans, per night per person. For adults, $71.99 - $39.99 = $32 per adult per night.

I may have missed something, but if they are offering it for cardholders today, will they offer it to the public this Thursday?

Congratulations everyone!!!!

And I hope they have the kinks worked out by Monday, when they have to deal with EVERYONE calling.

I'm so excited! It finally seems real - before this, I wasn't sure.

ETA: tnmom - today is Thursday. They're offering it to the public on Monday.

Okay I don't have a DV (Canadian here) but I spoke with my TA yesterday and I booked my dates and she said she would change to FD on Monday.
BUT
She said that you can't get FD after Oct 3, regardless of when you check in. Is that tru with everyone booking today?:confused3

I have a Disney Visa but don't have my rewards card yet (its being mailed to me), I want to use the reward points to book a room...do I need to wait until I get the rewards card?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter