Free Dining Watch 2009 - Dates Released!! Update post 1

Free dining is usually just for Aug-Sept. That's why we do in September every single year. December is so busy, it's not a month they really need to do a free dining promotion with...but you never know!:yay:

There WAS free dining (with Disney Visa) in December this year--extended into holidays too!

Free Dining Question...
I am booking the CSR for 6 nights at 40%off, but that offer expires on March 31, 2009. Probably before the free dining is offered. Do you think I can book my room now, adn then wait to book my park tickets with free dining when it is offered- or do I have to book the whole thing together?
Anyone know?

Free Dining Question...
I am booking the CSR for 6 nights at 40%off, but that offer expires on March 31, 2009. Probably before the free dining is offered. Do you think I can book my room now, adn then wait to book my park tickets with free dining when it is offered- or do I have to book the whole thing together?
Anyone know?

Yes... I just did the same thing. I booked a 6 night at CSR with the 40% coupon. I only booked the room no tickets or dining at this time. I am waiting and hoping for Free Dining to come out and then I am going to call back and add the tickets to the package. Too bad you can't get free dining and the 40% off on the room. :rotfl:

Wait... so my 40% off wont be effective if I add the park tickets and free dining afterward?
Is that what you mean?
If that is the case- I guess I have to figure out what would be cheaper... free dining or 40% off room?

I did the same thing too! Booked the code with 40% off at CBR with no tickets or dining for September. I did it JUST IN CASE they don't come out with free dining. I wanted to be covered with at least that discount in case there isn't a free dining option! Like VWB just said-it would be really great to book both dining and the 40% off!

Yes--you can't book both free dining and the 40% off code. I'm switching to free dining if they offer it.

That is correct. You can not have Free Dining and 40% Off. It is one or the other. You can however go ahead and book your room to make sure you can get a room once Free Dining is announced. Last year I wanted to stay at POP for the Free Dining and all of the rooms for the Free Dining were already sold out. I ended up at All Star Movies. It was fine but not exactly what I wanted.

Will free dining be offered in 2009 and if so, when/where will it be announced? DBF and I are planning a late August trip and will be looking to book in March...will it be announced by then?? Thanks!

It is announced early April.No one can say for sure, until it is announced,but I am sure they will offer it again.

Quick question...if the free dining is just for the QS dining plan can we pay the difference to upgrade to one of the other dining plans?

Thanks,
Kelli

This free dining thing is news to me. I am booked at All Star Movies from October 13-23 on the MYW + Dining plan with 10 day PH tix. What can I do to possibly take advantage of this? Please give me all the advice you can! Thanks all.

This free dining thing is news to me. I am booked at All Star Movies from October 13-23 on the MYW + Dining plan with 10 day PH tix. What can I do to possibly take advantage of this? Please give me all the advice you can! Thanks all.

Hi... I have only done the Free Dining one time, last year. It is only offered during a limited time. I believe it starts around mid August and goes through end of Sept or beginning of October. Free Dining is where you book your package like you did but if it falls during this time frame you would not have to pay for the dining portion. You would have to call back and have Disney add the "Free Dining" option. If you used any kind of PIN or savings offer when you booked originally you would not be able to get both Free Dining and the PIN savings. We will not know if Disney is offering the Free Dining option until beginning of April. Just keep a watch on this thread and it should tell if when and if it is being offered.

READ IT HERE FIRST!
I just got off the phone with the disney people and I specifically asked if free dining comes can I switch and he said that they can bump it onto my reservation. I booked the room (40% off) and tickets and dining already. So, I guess we will have to wait to see what happens.

READ IT HERE FIRST!
I just got off the phone with the disney people and I specifically asked if free dining comes can I switch and he said that they can bump it onto my reservation. I booked the room (40% off) and tickets and dining already. So, I guess we will have to wait to see what happens.

WOW!!! I sure hope you are correct. That would be really nice!!! When I booked my reservation I explained to them that I wanted to use the 40% off PIN and that I was going to call back and add Free Dining if it is offered. The lady told me at that point that they could only use one "code" (PIN or FREE DINING) per reservation so I would have to pick which one I would want to use. I really hope that is not the case because that would be a GREAT DISCOUNT!!!

I've talked to 3 different cast members who said it would be one or the other....but yeah that would be great!

DH and I just returned from a couple days at WDW... Stayed at CSR - so nice after remodel. The bed was kind of hard and if you're picky about pillows I'd bring your own - JMO. Otherwise it was quite nice. :)

At any rate, that's just a sidenote. We booked DDP with our trip and we made it worthwhile monetarily, but for the most part I don't know that I'd book the regular DDP again - I think I'd either upgrade to the Deluxe (on a shorter trip - no way we could eat that much for a longer period) or just use TIW etc...

Why? Well, first of all there's no appetizer with the standard plan anymore nor is the tip covered. We initially were going to eat at Spoodles, but cancelled and ate at Marrakesh. We generally drink water - so the drink for TS is moot for us. Dinner and dessert at Spoodles would have run about $26 for what we'd likely order. An average CS lunch would be around $12 with drink and dessert (with some exceptions) and a typical snack is $2-3... So, do the math - you're talking roughly $40 in food and DDP is $40 - not a savings...

So, figure out what you're going to eat and where and then decide whether or not it's worthwhile. We did make it very worthwhile. We went to Marrakesh - I agree with the recent reviews - it's not as good as it was before. However, it was still good - only negative was overcooked chicken. We got the Royal Feast $43 - found out afterwards that they are going to start charging $6 pp for the appetizer if you order it... They didn't charge us, but it's an FYI. Our bill was $97. We then had two snacks $7.50. Then went to DTD this afternoon for lunch at Wolfgang's... bill was $42. So, our dining was $146.50. Well worth the cost of the DDP... We only stayed 2 days (we're local) so split it between two days - ate OOP lunch yesterday and came home early today - weather is rather ugly...

We're now thinking of getting TIW for the future... We have to run the numbers and see what's most worthwhile overall... So, unless it's free dining and a discount on the room I'm just not sure it's worth the $$ overall anymore...

You won't get both the 40% off the room plus free dining. Disney does not stack discounts. You'd have to choose one discount or the other.

maybe going in August 9-19 and this would be awesome. I know I cant stack codes. We were going to book the room with military discoutn that just came out but if free dinning comes out that would be a better deal. save around 800. granted we have to pay full price for the hotel but still a better savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!