Free Dining thoughts for this year

toyotaae86lg

Disney Magic is AMAZING!!!
So I listened to the latest DIS podcast and was intrigued when Pete was saying this could possibly be the year they withdraw the Free dining due to the current promotions being offered until August. With the "value" seasons rising pretty well in attendance I'm curious whats your opinion whether we will get Free Dining this year in 2015.

Interesting. I know they have said for some time that they want to pull back on the discounts.

I hope they know the off seasons are full BECAUSE of free dining.

That said, I bet they still have a few select weeks it's offered, just not as many. It seems like they've been cutting time from the promotion every year anyway.

For those hoping to get FD, I have my fingers crossed for you.

They were still offering it for the Bounceback offer last September (for this late Aug - Sept) so hopefully that's an indication that they may still offer FD to the general public again this year.

Dan

So I listened to the latest DIS podcast and was intrigued when Pete was saying this could possibly be the year they withdraw the Free dining due to the current promotions being offered until August. With the "value" seasons rising pretty well in attendance I'm curious whats your opinion whether we will get Free Dining this year in 2015.

I have to Quote, because your video was awesome..Your daughter is sooo :cutie: Cute.. & this brought back so many memories when my twins were that lil. They're 11 now but still have the passion & desire to continue going every 8-10 months... Sorry for rambling.:goodvibes Just had to say.

Gosh, I hope not! Scaling back we could work with, but going away completely would put a serious damper on our future DW plans.

Last year we went with FD. When we got home we received a survey from DW. It asked specific questions about our FD experience, and how much that played a part in our visiting DW. I checked the box that said we would not have visited without it.

I'll be interested to see how this plays out.

I think it will some what reflect what last years did. Limited dates to pick from, more exclusions of resorts, all coming out on one release date, things like that. I don't think they are pulling away FD this year, this type of stuff is said every single year but what we do see is scale backs such as dates and resorts, I think we will keep seeing these limitations till Disney can scale back as far as they feel they can so FD could maybe just be offered for September in the future, If that. But I don't see them pulling it all away this year or any year. It's something they will lean off of I think. I feel like everyone is forgetting how much universal is giving them a run for their money too, many are doing the "dark side" lately instead. 2015 won't be the year we don't see FD. But hey 2014 was suppose to be too and then they surprised us releasing all dates together but that's because date options were much less too. I wouldn't worry too much just yet :)

Here's our issue with FD....

Would we visit WDW without FD? No. Plain and simple.

You see, the problem is, we've had FD every visit since 2010. The Disney dining experience has become an integral part of our stay. If we had to pay out of pocket for the same number and quality of meals, it would price our family of five right out of a Disney stay. ...the other option, the price of the regular dining plan is nuts for our family, over $2000 for an 8 night stay. There are much better options for us once our price goes up another $1500 or more. A (non Disney) family cruise comes to mind.

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts