Free Dining/Reservation?

Goofyfamilyof4

Earning My Ears
My question is regarding modifying a Free Dining Reservation.....

The current reservation is Sept 1 - Sept 10 at CBR
MYW Pkg + free dining 2 adults. (the room is a water or pool view)

There is the possibility of my step brother being added to the reservation. If he does come, it will be a last minute thing due to personal reasons.

I was told on the phone by a CM that they could add him at anytime to the room but he may not be eligible for the free dining (only if it is available at the time he is added) She was very noncommittal in her answer so just wondering if anyone else has done this in the past and how it worked for them?

I am wondering if it would be better for them to add him now and then remove later if he is not coming?

Then comes the issue of Dining Ressies...............If we make all our ADR's with him included then how easy/hard is it to just remove one person from the ADR? Can you just modify the ADR or do you have to cancel it and rebook the entire ADR?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

1. You can add him to your package up to 3 days in advance of arrival date and he will get free dining as long as you do not exceed room capacity. If he is 18 or older he will be subject to the additional adult charge of $15 per night at CBR if he is the third adult in the room. He will have the same tickets, dining plan and length of stay as everyone in the room. Since you already have free dining, he will also have free dining in spite of what the CM on the phone said because you are adding him to your package.

2. If you add himnow, then remove him from the package more than 45 days before your arrival date there is no penalty. If you remove him from the package within 45 days of arrival it will reduce the total cost of your package so you will be charged a $50 change fee. If you remove him within 2 weeks of arrival date there will be an additional $15 paperwork fee.

3. Make all of your dining reservations for the maximum number of people who might be at the table. It is always easier to show up at the restaurant with one less person if he decides not to come than it is to try and add an extra person at the last menute. As long as one person shows up for the reservation you will not be charged the no show fee if he doesn't come. You can call and modify your dining reservations, but be sure the phone castmember doesn't try to cancel the reservations. Or you can just show up at the restaurant and tell the CMs at the podium that one person could not come. The only reservations I would definitely modify to the correct number are the prepaid ones (e.g. dinner shows, CRT, dessert parties.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter