Free Dining plan question

DisneyDad64

Mouseketeer
Here is our situation: We have two rooms for our family of five and we invited our friend to join us with her two kids since we had 3 extra spots in the second room. We are staying for 7 night, they are leaving after 5. Here is the question: Since the room is in our name will we have a dining plans credits for 7 nights for the 3 of them or just 5? We want to do some meals that require 2 sit down credits and we wanted to plan accordingly any help would be great.

You will have the free dining plan for every night that you stay at a Disney resort as long as you check in before the end of free dining. The size of the party makes no difference.
I think I answered your question but if not please post again as I am really not sure.

If you register the other occupants, they should be eligible for one credit for every night. However, from what I have seen, I believe the dining credits are supposed to be non-transferrable. Whether there would be any problem with you actually using them is another matter.....

I would think if it is all one reservation that the credits would be attached to your key to the world card, and that your friends would just leave not actually check out than those credits would still be on there. I beleive everyone on the reservation is supposed to have the same package, so I don't know how they would do it if you told disney they were checking out. It sounds like more of a moral issue than if it's possible. Linda

Just to clarify our friend will be taking magical express when they leave early. We are not hiding anything for Disney. We don't want to misuse the dining plan, we would just like to have her use any credits prior to her departure (for Hoop-Dee-Doo). Thanks for the replies everyone.

Just to clarify our friend will be taking magical express when they leave early. We are not hiding anything for Disney. We don't want to misuse the dining plan, we would just like to have her use any credits prior to her departure (for Hoop-Dee-Doo). Thanks for the replies everyone.

You're not misusing anything. Per Disney rules everyone in the party must get the same dining plan for the same number of days and all credits belong to the group as a whole.

All meal and snack credits for everyone on the reservation are "thrown into a pot for anyone to use in any combination they wish. There are no assigned credits per person (except adult vs kid thing)

I spoke with a CM the other day about all of this since DD is a rotten eater and we wanted to save "her credits up" towards other dining on days she is being picky. He said credits are not assigned per person: 4 adults on the regular dining plan for 8 days would receive 32 snack credits, 32 TS credits, and 32 CS credits to our cards to be used however, whenever, and by whomever we wish.

If your friends leave early, the remaining credits are for the rest of you to use because there is no such thing as "their credits" and "your credits", all credits belong to the group as a whole.

That's how he explained it to me the other day and a different CM told me the same thing when I made the reservation.

So you're not doing anything wrong by using any credits she may not use but you can verify with WDW if it would put you at ease.

Enjoy your trip! :cheer2:

Credits are tied to the ROOM, so your family member on the reservation with your friend will be the one with the excess credits.

Credits are tied to the ROOM, so your family member on the reservation with your friend will be the one with the excess credits.

1) The only exception is for connecting rooms.
2) In ths case, all the coupons are available to all key holders to use.

My daughter & i want to go to Cinderrellas table& other princess meals but my boys &dad dont can we use their Table service vouchers as they dont want to go or do we pay on top as we have free dining.:cool1::cool1:

My daughter & i want to go to Cinderrellas table& other princess meals but my boys &dad dont can we use their Table service vouchers as they dont want to go or do we pay on top as we have free dining.:cool1::cool1:

You don't get vouchers on the dining plan. You receive meal credits which are accessible through your room key card. To pay with dining credits, you give the server your key card and they subtract the dining credits.

You also don't have credits assigned per person. You will receive all the credits for your party as soon as you check in. All these credits are accessible from any key card assigned to that reservation. The only separation is between adult and child credits. So your party can split up however they want; as long as each group has their own key card, they can all use dining credits.

If both rooms are on the same reservation with the same reservation number (not necessarily connecting), all dining credits for all persons registered in both rooms will be accessible from everyone's key cards. If the rooms are booked separately, with a separate reservation number, only the persons registered in each room will have access to that room's credits. In that case you would need to have a key card from the second room to use credits assigned to that room.

You're not misusing anything. Per Disney rules everyone in the party must get the same dining plan for the same number of days and all credits belong to the group as a whole.

All meal and snack credits for everyone on the reservation are "thrown into a pot for anyone to use in any combination they wish. There are no assigned credits per person (except adult vs kid thing)

I spoke with a CM the other day about all of this since DD is a rotten eater and we wanted to save "her credits up" towards other dining on days she is being picky. He said credits are not assigned per person: 4 adults on the regular dining plan for 8 days would receive 32 snack credits, 32 TS credits, and 32 CS credits to our cards to be used however, whenever, and by whomever we wish.

If your friends leave early, the remaining credits are for the rest of you to use because there is no such thing as "their credits" and "your credits", all credits belong to the group as a whole.

That's how he explained it to me the other day and a different CM told me the same thing when I made the reservation.

So you're not doing anything wrong by using any credits she may not use but you can verify with WDW if it would put you at ease.

Enjoy your trip! :cheer2:

I called yesterday and was told the same thing with a similar question. DS16 and I are going down for a week and DH was thinking of joining us for just the first 3-4 days. I called and asked about adding him on, if he could take ME back before us, and what would happen to his dining credits (also on free dining). They assured us they would be all tied to the room and available for us to use. They only wanted to make sure I understood that if he only used 4 of his 7 days (park tickets) that the rest wouldn't be valid unless he bought the non-expiry ones. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter