Free Dining Plan, Di$ney100 etc

I'm not convinced they are getting rid of it just yet.

It is normal for the late offers (deals for the current year) to offer less, which is why I always rush to book as soon as I can. In a couple of months or so we are going to see the offers released for 2014 and we will then have a better idea. As a previous poster mentioned, your best deals are the first deals.

I hope you are right Lee. I know what you and PP mean about booking early, our last trip in Nov 2012 was booked in April 2011. Booking so early meant we got the free DDP and a gift card (can't remember if it was $300 or $200 :confused3 ) As we'd ideally like to go back Sept/Oct 2014 I'll be keeping a close watch on any announcements coming over the next couple of months :goodvibes

The general trend in recent years has been the earlier you book, the better the deal. I don't anticipate that changing but then again, if we could all work out exactly what Disney were going to do with their WDW deals, we'd all be maximizing their discounts and offers! :lmao:

To answer your question about a new deal after today's deal ends...

My guess is that the deals for 2013 will be minimal, if anything. My guess would be they will still have the 14 for 7 on the tickets (that seems to be a year round offer from what I can tell) but the free dining or the gift card will disappear if not both.

The reason for this is the in about 8 weeks, they'll be releasing the 2014 deals and the offers will be transferred to 2014 travellers. That, coupled with the fact that they've already run a couple of rounds of free dining and gift cards, would suggest that 2013 deals will be no more.

This, of course, is my opinion based on previous experience and I could be wrong. We booked in June last year for October this year and got the reduced SSR, free regular dining, $200 gift card and 14 for 7 tickets. In April, I'll be eagerly awaiting the 2014 deals and I'll book for 2014 with the best deal possible.

I'll certainly let you know. Which part of October are you looking at? I've subscribed to the October code watch thread (just to make me feel like I'm doing something while I'm waiting :rotfl:) Aside from that it's just a case of checking and running quotes daily on the US site (via the Spanish site lol) I'm looking at late October. I can be flexible on dates to a point, as long as I am there to cover the dates from 20th 24th.

19th Oct to 2nd Nov hopefully - nothing booked yet though.

2Tiggies said:
I'm code watching with you for October. Hoping for a room discount rather than FD, although I'm not fussy :rotfl:

We would like may 2014 if any deal for free DDP comes up then ill book, even though we have no idea what country we will be living in lol!

At least if we end up stateside Disney will let you move around your dates :) so we can start to pay the holiday off at least.

I hope you are right Lee.

Me too - I hate being wrong :lmao:

We would like may 2014 if any deal for free DDP comes up then ill book, even though we have no idea what country we will be living in lol!

At least if we end up stateside Disney will let you move around your dates :) so we can start to pay the holiday off at least.

You can't help if you move after you've booked so if you see a good deal and are happy to go with it, then do it :cool1:

When are you likely to find out where and when you'll be moving? Or do they drop an 11th hour notice bombshell on you? :crazy2:

Oh dear I hope they don't phase the free dining plan offer out! We're hoping to book for October 2014 if/when the offers come out.

Us too :goodvibes

I know Virgin have released next years prices, just hoping something comes out in April as usual. If not will have to look at the budget.

If only the QSDP is free, then will have to work out if its worth upgrading to DDP or paying for the extras OOP-usually we eat at loads of table service.

I've just priced up a package with VH for Oct 2014 and compared it to our Oct 2012 trip and it's only £150 more expensive and thats with no offers i.e paying for full 14 day tix rather than getting the 14 day for the price of 7 day tix.

TBH I'm really shocked as I thought it would be so much more expensive and now I'm really quite optimistic :goodvibes Now all I need is for those offers to come out i.e free DDP pleeeaaaassssee and I will be one very happy bunny :thumbsup2

Well... we're all booked up now. We took the plunge. See my shiny new ticker for details! haha :cool1:

Thanks all for your input though.

2Tiggies said:
Me too - I hate being wrong :lmao:

You can't help if you move after you've booked so if you see a good deal and are happy to go with it, then do it :cool1:

When are you likely to find out where and when you'll be moving? Or do they drop an 11th hour notice bombshell on you? :crazy2:

We are hoping to find out in march, thing Is as we have done our 3years where we are now,they could turn around and say your needed in so & so lol.
We have to apply for a posting we would like then wait to here, we have held out for an over seas posting as DH has been in just over 10 years and would like something different.... Only problem is they keep changing the operations date lol we should have known in December if we got Las Vegas or Virginia BUT they shifted the apply date to march! If we get it we move late August, now we just heard today that the Las Vegas posting opening date has been pushed back again :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter