Free Dining Oct-Dec Is Here!!! (And a whole lot more) ~ Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I booked at the earliest possible time could too, then FD was no longer going to happen for the first week in December and I had to cancel all my prized ADR's! Then we couldn't decide when to go and wanted to wait for FD...guess I should have booked 'Ohana once for every week we were considering!

That stinks! Keep trying. Just like the FD, you'll get the reservations you want too!

black562 said:
Speaking of being at Disney World....our friend Dave is there now.

:cool1:

He didn't tell us he was going to be there so soon....did he? Lucky him...

I would love to do an alaska trip. Have fun!!! Is this the trip with your dad?

Yes. We took a Mexican cruise for his 65th birthday in 2008. So for my 47th we're heading north.

We're the only two in the family who like boats so we booked a 7 day Alaskan cruise with a day in Seattle to sightsee.

He didn't tell us he was going to be there so soon....did he? Lucky him...

Oh it gets better. He's staying six nights at five resorts for a total of ten nights. Confusing???? He's doing, just a TAD of resort hopping I'd say :rotfl2:

bookgirl said:
Yes. We took a Mexican cruise for his 65th birthday in 2008. So for my 47th we're heading north.

We're the only two in the family who like boats so we booked a 7 day Alaskan cruise with a day in Seattle to sightsee.

That's awesome...thatll be so much fun plus it gives you 2 quality time together. Cherish every minute :) and Happy Birthday!

black562 said:
Oh it gets better. He's staying six nights at five resorts for a total of ten nights. Confusing???? He's doing, just a TAD of resort hopping I'd say :rotfl2:

Ummmmm.....yeah.....totally confused lol Is he doing any park time???

That's awesome...thatll be so much fun plus it gives you 2 quality time together. Cherish every minute :) and Happy Birthday!

Thanks I will. I love reading about all you families planning your trips.

Everytime I hear about young families who are making memories I am reminded that every trip I make with my parents we have reversed. They vacationed when i was young to make memories of me as their child now I am the one who is planning vacations to make memories with them as my parents.

black562 said:
No idea, but he's reviewing quite a few rooms.

How's he doing 6 nights in 5 resorts and staying 10 days??? That's some crazy math lol

Which leads me to a question -- last year we had a reservation for Crystal Palace at 8:05, park opened at 9:00. We were let in without having to show anything. Just had to say we had a breakfast reservation. There was a New Fantasyland preview going on so there were a lot of people there early that day. Was that normal for us to not have to say anything more than "we have a reservation?" I was expecting to have to give reservation number or my name for them to look up or something!

I'm trying to remember back to our CP and CRT reservations last time.....I don't think we had to give an ADR# or our names or anything. I'm pretty sure they just let us in, too. Seems like that's something they would police very closely, doesn't it?

I am holding off. I made CRT ADR in April before I got the FD PIN so I paid in full. I've read on the Restaurant board that if the CM doesn't do this transaction correctly, you might lose the ADR. I am just going to wait until our trip to get the refund, I don't want to chance losing that ADR.

I called Disney dining to have this refunded as I too was charged in full for the CRT back in April. The CM told me that if he tried to refund the payment there was a chance I could lose my reservation. That meal is on my daughter's actual birthday so I said no thank you :). He had already encouraged me to wait until I got to the restaurant and ask for a refund there.

bookgirl said:
Thanks I will. I love reading about all you families planning your trips.

Everytime I hear about young families who are making memories I am reminded that every trip I make with my parents we have reversed. They vacationed when i was young to make memories of me as their child now I am the one who is planning vacations to make memories with them as my parents.

That's great. My dad, aka my best friend, passed away 10 yrs ago. I went every where with my parents when I was a kid. And later in my dads life he flew my husband and I out to see him in new Mexico and kansas city where he was working at the time. We had a blast both times. I just wish he was around to enjoy my kids at wdw. He would have loved it.
Whew..ok...on a lighter note (sorry)
My husband and I have always wanted to fly to Seattle, take a cruise up through Alaska and than take the train down through Canada back to Seattle. That's just a really expensive trip. So we'll do that at some point.

I'm glad others are baffled by this strange Disney math, too! For a while there I thought it was just me..... ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter