Free Dining for '06?

Dont ask me how I found this, but I did. Many people were wondering the same things last year, that we are pondering this year. Here's hoping hindsight from last year, will repeat itself this year..FINGERS CROSSED:banana:

they might offer something again which is the equivalent of free dining. It starts in Sept 6th and run thru Oct. 28th I believe....I'm hoping when the hours are posted for Sept. in a a couple of weeks there will be some more info and possibly some specials tied in with it. Who knows....:confused3

Anybody remember when this was announced the past two years? I'll pay for it if it isn't free, but I would rather hold off on adding it to my package until I hear one way or the other. I just don't want to go through the hassle of paying for my trip with the dining plan and then having to have that amount credited back to me.

Last year I would have guess no, but was wrong and it was offered for 2006, so I feel pretty good that it will be offered again this fall.

Anybody remember when this was announced the past two years? I'll pay for it if it isn't free, but I would rather hold off on adding it to my package until I hear one way or the other. I just don't want to go through the hassle of paying for my trip with the dining plan and then having to have that amount credited back to me.

Last year it was announced the last few days of March to Disney Visa holders and went to the general public on April 1.

Nobody knows for sure if it will be offered this year.

The parks won't be empty. It's already been offered to the Bounce Back customers and to overseas visitors. And a lot of folks have been getting very good room discounts.

Along with the practically nonexistent hurricane season of 2006, things might pick back up this year.

Does anyone know how it was announced last year - to both the Disney VISA cardholders and the general public.

I am a VISA holder and don't recall receiving anything about it in advance. I ended up hearing about it on the DISboards, I think on April 1st.

We are Disney Visa holders and hope they do notify us before they offer it (if they offer it!) Giving me 3 days to set everything in stone would be perfect... But last year we were NOT notified ahead of time!!!:confused3

Without the Free Dining offer, the parks will be empty during august through september. Disney will need to offer the free dining plan in order to boost attendance in the parks. The free dining plan is often the only enticement to get USA residents to go to the park during that time period.
Well, they're offering numerous 40% discounts on room rates, this year -- something which they didn't do last year, and something that was very-much their normal strategy in many recent years. Between the free dining offers which have already been offered for 2007, and the discounts, that could be enough.

Well, they're offering numerous 40% discounts on room rates, this year -- something which they didn't do last year, and something that was very-much their normal strategy in many recent years. Between the free dining offers which have already been offered for 2007, and the discounts, that could be enough.

I think you may be correct with your assumption. The other thing is that with the response to the program last year it seemed as if they overbooked the free dinng and then had to scramble to add alternatives to using TS credits and even added extra meals at some places. I would hope they learned from that to keep the numbers realistic. That may be the reason for the big discounts this year although I don't know if they are targeted to the same months the free dining has been offered in order to fill the rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter