Free Dining Feb?

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
I can't seem to find any information about the free dining program for 2016.

We want to go to WDW Feb 20-27 and wondered if we can get the free dining plan for then?

I don't think promotions for that time are announced yet. We are going in late January, and based on previous years, I expect to see any promotions come out around October.

Thank you, I see an offer for the UK residents with free dining but it was only quick service for stays at moderate resorts.

If you are in the UK, you might want to scroll down to the UK specific forums; they may have more information for you.

If you are in the US, there will be no free dining in Feb 2016 (unless Disney does something completely surprising). The only free dining period for the last three years has been in the fall starting in September.

Thank you for reminding me of the UK forums. I read Paris all the time but went to the regular board for WDW.

but they have offered the Stay Play and Dine offer from Jan-March....I'm praying they do this deal again...

If you are in the US, there will be no free dining in Feb 2016 (unless Disney does something completely surprising). The only free dining period for the last three years has been in the fall starting in September.

I believe that's incorrect. I am 99% sure that we had Free QS Dining with our Value stay in Feb. 2014.

There has definitely been FD in the winter (Jan/Feb) before. In 2011 in was a general public offer, and I believe it was a PIN the next few years after that, while the general public offer was "Stay Play Dine"

If you did, you had a bounce back or a pin. The last year for free dining in Jan/Feb was 2012.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#codechart

I've seen that chart before and agree it's strange. I did not have a Pin (sadly haven't gotten one since about 2011) or a BB. We decided in Dec. of 2013 to join some family going Feb. 2014 and went online to book and it was an option. Stayed at Pop and had free QS dining.

What is the Stay, Play, and Dine deal for the past Januarys? We will be there in January.

Also, we are currently booked at CBR via the Sports promotions as we will be there for a competition at ESPN WWOS. If we choose to go with the Stay, Play, and Dine plan (if that is what comes out in October) would we have to rebook or can it be added on? And then if we have to rebook do we lose any current reservations we have already made? Thank you for any help.

Kimberly

You will have to rebook, but you shouldn't lose any restaurant reservations already made. You will also be refunded your deposit and have to do another deposit.

The Stay,Play,Dine is a discount that has been difficult to decipher. It's cheaper than no discount, but is not free dining. There is some kind of combination of room discount and food discount.

What is the Stay, Play, and Dine deal for the past Januarys? We will be there in January.

Also, we are currently booked at CBR via the Sports promotions as we will be there for a competition at ESPN WWOS. If we choose to go with the Stay, Play, and Dine plan (if that is what comes out in October) would we have to rebook or can it be added on? And then if we have to rebook do we lose any current reservations we have already made? Thank you for any help.

Kimberly
I'm not so sure you will have to re-book. I booked my regular room, tickets & dining package through AAA and asked at the time of booking if free dining became available after if they would give me that promotion and they said yes as I booked my room about 8-9 months in advance. When the free dining promotion came available, I called AAA and they added the free dining promotion and all was good. No need to re-book. Call your travel agent or whomever you booked through and ask if you would have to re-book or not.

We also simply called and added the free dining to our existing reservation once it was available. I was on the phone on hold for over 2 hours and had to change my resort (from ASMu to ASMo - no big deal!). To me it was worth it!

Kimberly
I'm not so sure you will have to re-book. I booked my regular room, tickets & dining package through AAA and asked at the time of booking if free dining became available after if they would give me that promotion and they said yes as I booked my room about 8-9 months in advance. When the free dining promotion came available, I called AAA and they added the free dining promotion and all was good. No need to re-book. Call your travel agent or whomever you booked through and ask if you would have to re-book or not.

When you book a regular MYW package through Disney or an authorized travel agent such as AAA you don't have to rebook. A special offer can be added to your package as long as you qualify and there is availability. However, Jetengines' reservation is related to a sports competition at WWOS. The sports packages/reservations are already discounted and cannot be modified to include any special offers so if they want to take advantage of SPD or any other offer if it becomes available they will have to cancel the Sports reservation and re-book.

When you book a regular MYW package through Disney or an authorized travel agent such as AAA you don't have to rebook. A special offer can be added to your package as long as you qualify and there is availability. However, Jetengines' reservation is related to a sports competition at WWOS. The sports packages/reservations are already discounted and cannot be modified to include any special offers so if they want to take advantage of SPD or any other offer if it becomes available they will have to cancel the Sports reservation and re-book.
Ok, I guess that makes sense. I did not have any discounts so, I can see why that would be a different situation. Thanks for adding your input. It's always helpful to hear other peoples experience with these things. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter