Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My family seriously spent the entire day watching youtube videos of Disney yesterday, the kids are so excited, and so am I!! :D[/QUOTE]
I just ran on the treadmill watching you tube Disney videos:D Oh yeah and refreshing this page so there aren't 10 more pages by the time I'm done.

Did anybody else see the ad for free dining on here?>I signed in and in the upper right hand corner it was a yellow background with mickey and just simply said disney free dining. Before i could really examine it it was gone lol

That happened to me last night! It was the same banner that someone posted on here last night, it wouldn't let me click on it but I saw it! It's like Bigfoot! So elusive, just keeps all of us on the edge of our seats!

Sorry if his is a dumb question...but do TAs have a separate number they can call? I have always booked on my own before but I'm using a TA this time and I'm wondering if she will have to deal with three hour waits on hold...or can they do everything online?

Just stressing a little because I usually take care of things on my own and I am not sure I like not having control. :oops:

Yes they do. And the ones that are Earmarked Authorized Disney Vacation Planners have a separate line from the rest of the agencies.

If you have added the dining plan to your reservation, you do not have to prepay or credit card hold any meals. I just did it a few weeks ago. Im going to CRT, SoA, BBQ, and PS/Akershaus and many other CC hold places.

Not sure, but if adding free dining is like making a new reservation - is this why some reported "loosing" their dining reservations? If their current dining package is linked to their reservation? Hope this question makes sense...

From Canada here.....our dates are pretty restricted with work schedules. If we fly in on November 5th, from what I can tell, we will have to book 2 seperate packages? 1 from 5th to 8th and another from 8th to 14th to get the free dining for that portion? We have to buy our park tickets for the 2nd package as part of the free dining deal.....can we access the park tickets for our '1st' stay of the 5th to the 8th? And can we book our fast passes for the 5th to the 8th.....

I had a travel agent for our last free dining promo, and she had a special TA number. Guess what? She had to wait hours and hours on hold. As I watched people calling on their own and snagging reservations one after another. I was so scared!!! The ending was happy though, she still got what we wanted even after all my sweating.

Sorry if his is a dumb question...but do TAs have a separate number they can call? I have always booked on my own before but I'm using a TA this time and I'm wondering if she will have to deal with three hour waits on hold...or can they do everything online?

Just stressing a little because I usually take care of things on my own and I am not sure I like not having control. :oops:

My TA told me that she will be calling when the offer is available, and plans to be on hold for 2-3 hours. Once she can finally talk to a CM, she will make all her changes, but they will only let her be on with them for a limited amount of time. Hopefully, our reservation will qualify, but I'm doubtful as it's in the middle of Oct...but we are going either way as we already have our airfare booked.

Okay I have an off the wall questions for the FD geniuses. I booked free dining on a bounceback when I was there last september for 9/26-10/2. Originally we booked two rooms, one under my name and one under my husbands just in case our friends wanted to go with us again. Well our original friends are pregnant and can't go but some family would like to go but can only be there about half of the trip. I am thinking since we are now doing different length of stays that we cannot utilize this second room, am I correct? Because officially my name is on one, my husbands on the other. Even if we split the two adults in the other party up I think it would mess our dining credits. I don't have a huge problem cancelling the one I just really wanted to avoid the booking craziness and I have this whole second room!

From Canada here.....our dates are pretty restricted with work schedules. If we fly in on November 5th, from what I can tell, we will have to book 2 seperate packages? 1 from 5th to 8th and another from 8th to 14th to get the free dining for that portion? We have to buy our park tickets for the 2nd package as part of the free dining deal.....can we access the park tickets for our '1st' stay of the 5th to the 8th? And can we book our fast passes for the 5th to the 8th.....

Yes that is correct. There is a way you can pick yup your tickets early, ahead of your second reservation.

I used one 2 years ago when Be our Guest had the soft opening.It was the first day that ANYONE can call to make an ADR so even the people checking in +10 days before us didn't have an advantage over us so I thought we had a chance. Well, she decided to do a few things around the house that day before calling late morning! I was fuming because I would've been on the phone at 6:45 starting to dial. From that day on I trust myself more than a TA.

Yes, TAs have a seperate number to call, but can also do it online with the Disney Travel booking site ( for TAs only). Im a TA and my booking engine is available 24/7. If you are using a TA with office hours, you will have to wait.

Okay I have an off the wall questions for the FD geniuses. I booked free dining on a bounceback when I was there last september for 9/26-10/2. Originally we booked two rooms, one under my name and one under my husbands just in case our friends wanted to go with us again. Well our original friends are pregnant and can't go but some family would like to go but can only be there about half of the trip. I am thinking since we are now doing different length of stays that we cannot utilize this second room, am I correct? Because officially my name is on one, my husbands on the other. Even if we split the two adults in the other party up I think it would mess our dining credits. I don't have a huge problem cancelling the one I just really wanted to avoid the booking craziness and I have this whole second room!

Do both rooms have the same reservation number? If they are separate could you just modify the second room to the dates they are going to be there to use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter