Free Dining Fall 2015? (and a whole lot more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Disney Visa holders ALWAYS get first chance at deals? That might sway me towards DV instead of any old travel rewards card.

Also, do I have to have resort+tickets booked to start making reservations at restaurants? I want to start nailing down dinner spots while I wait for FD (hopefully) to be announced. I am also a crazy organizer/planner. It's like living my vacation over and over until it FINALLY becomes a reality!

Disney Visa holders quite often but not always get the 3-4 day advance booking window; I don't think they did last year.

ADRs - I did not have a hotel ressie in 2013 when I made ADRs at 180 days for my sis and my family. I was on line at 6AM for 6 days making ADRS and got every single one I wanted at perfect times including CRT. CM, pre park opening CP. I did not want BOG, that might be a tough one to get for you but now that they do ADRS for lunch perhaps a bit easier.

Disney Visa holders quite often but not always get the 3-4 day advance booking window; I don't think they did last year.

ADRs - I did not have a hotel ressie in 2013 when I made ADRs at 180 days for my sis and my family. I was on line at 6AM for 6 days making ADRS and got every single one I wanted at perfect times including CRT. CM, pre park opening CP. I did not want BOG, that might be a tough one to get for you but now that they do ADRS for lunch perhaps a bit easier.

From everything I've read and mailings we received...they did get early access last year. We also took advantage of the Disney Visa and got a $200 reward in the form of a Disney card. Paid for tips + more. 180 days + 10 is nice, but we've never had trouble getting what we want after the 180 day mark (we don't do CRT and won't do Be Our Guest again).

Just following along. Decided to use DVC rental this trip, but curious to see if we made the right choice after free dining comes out. I think it was two years ago that they did not release FD to Disney Visa holders early.

Hoping for Free Dining during the week of Thanksgiving.
Historically, that doesn't happen. (2012, 12, and 14 for sure wasn't included) So, don't get your hopes up too high. The parks and resorts are typically pretty busy, so they don't need to offer discounts. But, I hope it happens for you :)

Just following along. Decided to use DVC rental this trip, but curious to see if we made the right choice after free dining comes out. I think it was two years ago that they did not release FD to Disney Visa holders early.
They did in 2013, we booked POR in with our Visa for a September stay. Not sure about Oct and Nov. All I care about is this year :)

FD was blacked out 10/4 thru 10/25/2014, not much in October was offered to the GP last year.
Is Oct that busy? I was curious when I saw those dates were blocked out last year. I'm taking my toddler so FD doesn't save much, but I just didnt realize Oct was historically that busy

Is Oct that busy? I was curious when I saw those dates were blocked out last year. I'm taking my toddler so FD doesn't save much, but I just didnt realize Oct was historically that busy
The crowds have increased dramatically over the last two years. More schools are getting Fall Breaks. Still a great time to go, but it is far from a slow time.

I think most fall breaks are the first two weeks of October, so I booked the third week in hopes of a little lower crowds. Guess time will tell. This is our first October trip.

I think most fall breaks are the first two weeks of October, so I booked the third week in hopes of a little lower crowds. Guess time will tell. This is our first October trip.
Our school schedule changes this fall, and we used to have fall break the third week, but now it will be Columbus Day week. So there ya go...you'll have 4 less people there your week. Lol!

Our school schedule changes this fall, and we used to have fall break the third week, but now it will be Columbus Day week. So there ya go...you'll have 4 less people there your week. Lol!
But I would have loved to have met you Smitch, this trip is just DH and I, so we plan on having a much more relaxed trip than our usual. :)

Yes, the past several years, the DV peeps have gotten earlier booking on FD at least for September. Last year, they released September through the rest of the year all at once, and yes, the DV got early booking.

I realized the fall break scenario just after posting. lol.

Fall break is why we're going when we're going :thumbsup2

For the past two years our district's fall break has been the last week of september into the first part of October, so I'm hoping that trend continues into next year and the FD keeps happening in September! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter