Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by black562, Jun 10, 2013.

1. m2m09

m2m09 Earning My Ears

My mom got one sometime last week when she was away (she is in MA) but the dates we are going had no availability for POR or POFQ. We could have got two rooms at CBR but different sections and we want adjoining rooms so my parents can watch the kids one night for us. We were so bummed but are hoping for the public FD promotion! The CM told me that if they do come out with a promo they will open a new block of rooms at the resorts. Not sure if that is true but my fingers are crossed!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. KermitRinny

KermitRinny It happen on one ah dem Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah Days.

Oh yes I want to know this too! I have a friend going in Jan and she wants me to help her plan but you can only call and book rooms right now. You can't price anything online :(

4. plutospalforever

plutospalforever Statler & Waldorf

That is true. Even when they open offers to Disney Visa holders first, they will then open up more rooms when an offer goes to GP. Good luck!!!:upsidedow

5. LovingDisney2012

LovingDisney2012 All you need is faith, trust, and pixie dust!

6. plutospalforever

Joe I believe mentioned these earlier, but RO and packages were released for booking on July 11 last year. The year before was on June 10 for RO and June 12 for packages. In 2011, RO was released July 18 and packages August 8. So sometime in July most likely.

Here is the historical background for deals in January. In 2010, there was "get 7 nights for price of 4." In 2011, RO discounts and Free dining. In 2012, RO discounts and free dining. Last year were RO discounts.:sad1:

Edit: When the 2014 rates are released they are usually ready for immediate booking. However, there has been some 1-3 day variance of being able to book online verses phone.

7. plutospalforever

:welcome:
    Glad you found us and we will keep our fingers crossed for you!!! pixiedust:

I am sure he is very appreciative of your thanks, but I think you mean Black/Joe?;)

8. plutospalforever

Those of you traveling to WDW this summer, especially August people who were hoping for a discount, might want to check out chip and co website. ;)

9. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Yea. That had me confused for a minute.

10. Pirate princess 2

Pirate princess 2 Mouseketeer

Joe, I noticed in your update of the first post you said the Aug dates will most likely not be included. Are you still giving me hope?

11. dcolleenkelly

dcolleenkelly Mouseketeer

GAH! My job's firewalls won't let me enter that website - does it have bad stuff on it?

So, what's the word? Is there something going on for the last week in August?????

12. plutospalforever

It's a Disney blog site; nothing bad. One of their sponsors, a Disney authorized travel agency, was authorized by Disney to offer a up to 30% discount on rooms AND packages, plus a set of free mouse ears for all kids, for the rest of June, all July and all of August. Do not know if package includes just room and tickets; possibly dining too?:banana:

Oh, and book by June 14

13. dcolleenkelly

dcolleenkelly Mouseketeer

Wow - that's a much better discount than room only! Thanks for the tip!! Off to check it out...

14. Earth Mama

Earth Mama Mouseketeer

Does anyone know the cost to upgrade to regular dining from quick service?

15. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

It's $18 for adults.

16. KarenP

KarenP <font color=darkorchid>So try closing your eyes fo

I think that offer can be booked through Disney directly or any travel agency through June 14, minus the mouse ears.

17. quiescentfury

quiescentfury Earning My Ears

Hoping the dates are a little off. We are planning dec 11-16. We might be able to do the dec 15 week, but my 4 high schoolers might have exams that week before Christmas break. Off to call the school board to check!

18. amccu18007

amccu18007 DIS Veteran

HOW am I just seeing this now?? Thanks Black for the update on the leak. I am so happy for those that need fd. WOOHOO!!! That rocks!!

19. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Remember, nothing is final until its final and things can always change. I know a few are also hoping for a room only discount. I hope they do the same as September and do both, that would make everyone's day.

20. ALD85

ALD85 DIS Veteran

Pretty sure ill hyperventilate if FD happens for my dates. I'd take a RO but FD is a better deal for me.

21. disneyfantotheend

disneyfantotheend DIS Veteran

I have always said any discount is good, but now I am pretty sure I will be disappointed with anything other than free dining. All this waiting made me greedy. LOL