Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

My mom got one sometime last week when she was away (she is in MA) but the dates we are going had no availability for POR or POFQ. We could have got two rooms at CBR but different sections and we want adjoining rooms so my parents can watch the kids one night for us. We were so bummed but are hoping for the public FD promotion! The CM told me that if they do come out with a promo they will open a new block of rooms at the resorts. Not sure if that is true but my fingers are crossed!

LovesTimone said:
Thanks so much this will help out if we decide to go to FW this year.
You seem to be in the know:thumbsup2. Any ideas on when rates for 2014 will appear? package with free dinning? And normally is there FD in January? and when will we be able to book? Lots of questions :)

Oh yes I want to know this too! I have a friend going in Jan and she wants me to help her plan but you can only call and book rooms right now. You can't price anything online :(

My mom got one sometime last week when she was away (she is in MA) but the dates we are going had no availability for POR or POFQ. We could have got two rooms at CBR but different sections and we want adjoining rooms so my parents can watch the kids one night for us. We were so bummed but are hoping for the public FD promotion! The CM told me that if they do come out with a promo they will open a new block of rooms at the resorts. Not sure if that is true but my fingers are crossed!

That is true. Even when they open offers to Disney Visa holders first, they will then open up more rooms when an offer goes to GP. Good luck!!!:upsidedow

How long are you going for?, maybe you can do a room only on the 8-9-10 and start your pkg on the 11th. At least you could get some free dining.[/QUOTE

I thought about that, I am going to do the math and see how it will work out :)

Oh yes I want to know this too! I have a friend going in Jan and she wants me to help her plan but you can only call and book rooms right now. You can't price anything online :(

Thanks so much this will help out if we decide to go to FW this year.
You seem to be in the know:thumbsup2. Any ideas on when rates for 2014 will appear? package with free dinning? And normally is there FD in January? and when will we be able to book? Lots of questions :)

Joe I believe mentioned these earlier, but RO and packages were released for booking on July 11 last year. The year before was on June 10 for RO and June 12 for packages. In 2011, RO was released July 18 and packages August 8. So sometime in July most likely.

Here is the historical background for deals in January. In 2010, there was "get 7 nights for price of 4." In 2011, RO discounts and Free dining. In 2012, RO discounts and free dining. Last year were RO discounts.:sad1:

Edit: When the 2014 rates are released they are usually ready for immediate booking. However, there has been some 1-3 day variance of being able to book online verses phone.

Those of you traveling to WDW this summer, especially August people who were hoping for a discount, might want to check out chip and co website. ;)

Joe, I noticed in your update of the first post you said the Aug dates will most likely not be included. Are you still giving me hope?

Those of you traveling to WDW this summer, especially August people who were hoping for a discount, might want to check out chip and co website. ;)

GAH! My job's firewalls won't let me enter that website - does it have bad stuff on it?

So, what's the word? Is there something going on for the last week in August?????

GAH! My job's firewalls won't let me enter that website - does it have bad stuff on it?

So, what's the word? Is there something going on for the last week in August?????

It's a Disney blog site; nothing bad. One of their sponsors, a Disney authorized travel agency, was authorized by Disney to offer a up to 30% discount on rooms AND packages, plus a set of free mouse ears for all kids, for the rest of June, all July and all of August. Do not know if package includes just room and tickets; possibly dining too?:banana:

Oh, and book by June 14

It's a Disney blog site; nothing bad. One of their sponsors, a Disney authorized travel agency, was authorized by Disney to offer a up to 30% discount on rooms AND packages, plus a set of free mouse ears for all kids, for the rest of June, all July and all of August. Do not know if package includes just room and tickets; possibly dining too?:banana:

Oh, and book by June 14

Wow - that's a much better discount than room only! Thanks for the tip!! Off to check it out...

Oh, and book by June 14

I think that offer can be booked through Disney directly or any travel agency through June 14, minus the mouse ears.

Hoping the dates are a little off. We are planning dec 11-16. We might be able to do the dec 15 week, but my 4 high schoolers might have exams that week before Christmas break. Off to call the school board to check!

Sources tell me that an extension of the free dining promotion past the September dates could be announced as early as July. Most, if not all, of these date ranges from the PIN codes should be included. Note: The August dates would likely not be included, therefore, the dates would be as follows:

September 26 - October 2
October 18 - October 31
November 11 - November 23
November 30 - December 4
December 15 - 22

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included
(can be upgraded to regular plan)
All-Star Movies Resort
All-Star Music Resort
All-Star Sports Resort
Pop Century Resort
Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Carribean Beach Resort
Coronado Springs Resort
Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
BoardWalk Inn
Contemporary Resort
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Polynesian Resort
Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
Bay Lake Tower
Animal Kingdom Villas
Beach Club Villas
BoardWalk Villas
Old Key West Resort
Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disneys Wilderness Lodge
Fort Wilderness Cabins

Remember that the free dining offer for September expires on July 31st, and in the past, October-December offers have been released as late as August 3.

These sources are quite good, and the same ones I got the September Free Dining, as well as the August-September Room Only Discounts that nobody else on the Dis even mentioned (and brought lots of relief to many late-August travelers as well).

Let me also make a word of caution concerning leaks.

1. These promo leaks, while helpful on the nerves, don't actually get anyone a deal any sooner. In the end, you still have to call in on the day it's released and wait on hold right along with people who just found out that very morning. So again, the leaks sure do settle the nerves, but they don't get anyone any special privileges, nor do they get you in the door any quicker.

2. I never ever advise anyone to make any non-refundable plans based on a leak. To date, there has been NO LEAK that hasn't had mistakes. Take for example the September free dining, where the Little Mermaid rooms were said to be included...they were not. Similar mistakes have happened with EVERY leak in the past, from misquoted date ranges, to rooms said to be included, but were not. Which is why I always say, don't bet the farm until the announcement is official.

I will keep everyone updated as things become more and more clear. I will tell any information I receive, as I receive it, even if it's bits and pieces of partial information. I have no plans of making anyone wait this out, not even for a minute....because I know how nerve racking this is for everyone.

As June progresses, we'll hear more...in the meantime, you may very well receive that elusive PIN code, as they are still being sent out.

Good vibes everyone!!!

HOW am I just seeing this now?? Thanks Black for the update on the leak. I am so happy for those that need fd. WOOHOO!!! That rocks!!

HOW am I just seeing this now?? Thanks Black for the update on the leak. I am so happy for those that need fd. WOOHOO!!! That rocks!!

Remember, nothing is final until its final and things can always change. I know a few are also hoping for a room only discount. I hope they do the same as September and do both, that would make everyone's day.

Pretty sure ill hyperventilate if FD happens for my dates. I'd take a RO but FD is a better deal for me.

Pretty sure ill hyperventilate if FD happens for my dates. I'd take a RO but FD is a better deal for me.

I have always said any discount is good, but now I am pretty sure I will be disappointed with anything other than free dining. All this waiting made me greedy. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!