Free Dining Extension ~ Oct-Dec

Keep waiting!!! Let see if they release the GP offer of dining plans. This waiting is getting me desperate. Any news?

Anxiously awaiting, too. Not that the past predicts the future, but from MouseSavers:

*****In 2012:

9/30/12-12/13/12 - package deal (free dining) for Disneys Visa cardholders announced 7/9/12.

9/30/12-12/13/12 - package deal (free dining) for general public was announced on 7/12/12.

So about mid July for Visa and GP FD.

For rooms, it was quite a bit later:

9/30/12-12/22/12 -5%-30% off general public room-only rates announced 8/27/12.

So, if we are matching 2012, which nobody knows but is worth comparing, it should be in about 8 days for Visa folks.

*****2010 was similar: mid-July:

8/15/10-12/21/10 - package deal (free dining) for general public announced 7/6/10
10/1/10-12/21/10 - package deal (free dining) for general public announced 8/16/10
*There was no pre-GP VISA data in '10.

*****2011 was a lot later for FD, so I HOPE that is not the case but it certainly could be:

10/2/11-12/17/11 - package deal (free dining) for general public announced 8/3/11
10/1/11-12/15/11 - package deal (free dining) for general public (reissued with slightly changed set of dates) announced 8/24/11
*There was no pre-GP VISA data in '11.

If that is the case we have an entire month to wait! Hope it's more like 2010 and 2012.

We've posted before, but I'm anxiously awaiting, too. Not that the past predicts the future, but from MouseSavers, in 2012:

9/30/12-12/13/12 - package deal (“free dining”) for Disney’s Visa cardholders announced 7/9/12.

9/30/12-12/13/12 - package deal (“free dining”) for general public was announced on 7/12/12.

So, if we are matching 2012, which nobody knows but is worth comparing, it should be in about 8 days for Visa folks.

Thanks for the info!! Crossing fingers.

We've posted before, but I'm anxiously awaiting, too. Not that the past predicts the future, but from MouseSavers, in 2012:

9/30/12-12/13/12 - package deal (free dining) for Disneys Visa cardholders announced 7/9/12.

9/30/12-12/13/12 - package deal (free dining) for general public was announced on 7/12/12.

2011 was a lot later for FD, so I HOPE that is not the case but it certainly could be:

10/2/11-12/17/11 - package deal (free dining) for general public announced 8/3/11
10/1/11-12/15/11 - package deal (free dining) for general public (reissued with slightly changed set of dates) announced 8/24/11
*There was no pre-GP VISA data in '11.

If that is the case we have an entire month to wait!

I am really hoping that Disney matches the majority of the dates from 2012's promotions this month. This waiting is killing me. Trying to be patient. :rolleyes1

I am really hoping that Disney matches the majority of the dates from 2012's promotions this month. This waiting is killing me. Trying to be patient. :rolleyes1

Wishful thinking to be sure, but I actually think it might be more like 2010 and 2012. Why? In 2011 Disney started to try to tighten up a lot of discounts. It didn't work as well as they hoped and things opened up more in 2012. Wishful thinking... maybe. :lmao:

I say, go for it too! Nothing to lose and having the same address has worked for several others. Let us know what happens and good luck!!!:yay:

It worked!! I got FD :cool1::cool1: So its not the name on the pin, its for the household. The only bummer was that they didn't have POR available. The only mod was CB (in a higher room category) and CSR. So we picked CSR.
we have never stayed there. Hopefully we like it. Either way we are in Disney and have FD :thumbsup2 Hoping for GP announcement for you all soon!!

It worked!! I got FD :cool1::cool1: So its not the name on the pin, its for the household. The only bummer was that they didn't have POR available. The only mod was CB (in a higher room category) and CSR. So we picked CSR.
we have never stayed there. Hopefully we like it. Either way we are in Disney and have FD :thumbsup2 Hoping for GP announcement for you all soon!!

Awesomesauce! Congrats! :goodvibes

Congrats to you! Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!!

Awesome - grats!! :banana::woohoo:

Congrats!!!! :-)))

Wonderful. Have a great time!

I feel like I'm going bat crazy over here.

I hope there are still rooms at POR by the time *if this deal over goes public.

Still no luck on a PIN, called again yesterday, :badpc:

I feel like I'm going bat crazy over here.

I hope there are still rooms at POR by the time *if this deal over goes public.

Still no luck on a PIN, called again yesterday, :badpc:

If there are no more rooms than the pin offers, it wouldn't go public at all. Luckily each promotion has it's own allotment of rooms. I don't feel confident about it going public, but I do feel confident that there will be rooms at most resorts IF it does go public. They will not open it to the public and say there is nothing available right off the bat.

Yea!!!!! So happy for you!!!! When are you going? Glad to hear AWESOME news!!!party:party:party:

If there are no more rooms than the pin offers, it wouldn't go public at all. Luckily each promotion has it's own allotment of rooms. I don't feel confident about it going public, but I do feel confident that there will be rooms at most resorts IF it does go public. They will not open it to the public and say there is nothing available right off the bat.

Yeah, I'm so worried it's not going public :worried: It'd be nice to get some reassuring words from Black or just an update from somebody on how the current insider winds are blowing...

Yeah, I'm so worried it's not going public :worried: It'd be nice to get some reassuring words from Black or just an update from somebody on how the current insider winds are blowing...

Whenever there is news to update, I will. Right now it's just a sit and wait. Remember, it isn't just us who are keeping check on how the pin codes are doing, but Disney too...and they will ultimately make the decision to pull the trigger based on how well the pin codes have done.

Whenever there is news to update, I will. Right now it's just a sit and wait. Remember, it isn't just us who are keeping check on how the pin codes are doing, but Disney too...and they will ultimately make the decision to pull the trigger based on how well the pin codes have done.

I'm confused about just how well they are doing- for example people are still getting them, yet there's only limited rooms available in the Mods??? I know there's values and deluxe but still.

I'm confused about just how well they are doing- for example people are still getting them, yet there's only limited rooms available in the Mods??? I know there's values and deluxe but still.

I am thinking the limited availability may have something to do with the plus 14 days thing. Has anyone tried to look for availability for dates that fall specifically in the pin code dates both beginning and ending? What I am wondering is if they don't limit the choices greatly for dates closer to the cutoff, because obviously the blackout dates already have good occupancy. Does that make any sense at all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter