Free dining being offered again starting tomorrow????

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by DawnM, Jul 9, 2006.

1. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

I just heard from a friend that they are offering free dining again if you book starting tomorrow. If you book for Aug. 19th-Sept. 30th.

Is this true?

Dawn

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. magiccouple2004

magiccouple2004 DIS Veteran<br><font color=limegreen>Secretly want

that would be nice i hope so i just missed out on it

4. magiccouple2004

magiccouple2004 DIS Veteran<br><font color=limegreen>Secretly want

i just called disney and they know nothing about it so if anyone has any insights please let me know so i can change my dates :)

5. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

I have emailed my friend back and asked her how she heard of this. If I don't hear from her soon I will give her a call.

Dawn

6. JayCT

JayCT DIS Veteran

Dawn - I hope you are right. We are considering going to WDW for a quick trip at the end of August, before the kids go back to school, but we missed the free dinning. Let us know what you hear. Jay

7. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

Ok, I called her but she said she got the info via email from HER friend (who goes to Disney a lot) so I am waiting to hear from HER.

BUT, I would imagine that if it is indeed true it will be on Mousesavers by morning.

Crossing my fingers!,

Dawn

8. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

Apparently it was on another Disney message board. I DO NOT know how accurate the info is, but I am hopeful!

Dawn

9. MEG&MINNIE

MEG&MINNIE DIS Veteran

I hope so...I could use a last minute trip !!! :thumbsup2

10. bettyann29

bettyann29 <font color=blue>Heres my contribution for today..

If it is true would the free dining work for a 3 day trip? or is it for longer trips only? If so, this would be the bomb..

11. bettyann29

sorry another question.. If I already have an existing booking for the hotel only, how would I be able to do this? Would I have to rebook and then cancel the other one?

12. Figment's friends

Figment's friends Mouseketeer

Yes Betty ann, I think you would need to rebook because you need it to be part of the package.

13. bettyann29

thanks.. I'll keep an eye out..

14. hearts8701

hearts8701 Castle

Someone Please Explain To Me How To Do This If You Have Annual Passes Someone Said I Only Need To Buy A One Day Park Pass For Each Member Of The Traveling Party True?

15. Livi'sMom

Livi'sMom Mouseketeer

It is probably true. They did it last year at this time and that's when we booked last year! :)

16. indigoxtreme

indigoxtreme DIS Veteran

Yes you just need to buy one day passes for everyone in the room and then you can get the dining added on.

Betty Anne, for your room only res. Call back if it does come back out and tell them you want to add the free dining, of course you will have to purchase passes as well. If there is still free dining vacancy in your hotel they will add this on for you. If you are at the 45 day mark or less you will have to pay for the whole package. IF you are more than 45 days out you can wait for your 45 days time to pay :sunny:

17. DawnM

DawnM Dawn

Yes, IF it is being offered you need to buy a one day pass. I have been told though that you don't have the USE the pass that day. You can hold on to it and use it TOWARD your next AP next year when you renew.

Dawn

18. bettyann29

Thanks so much for explaining.. I will barely be out of the 45 days so it would make sense just to pay the whole thing.. this would be great if this happens.. DF decided he wants to go with me when I go in September so if the free dining is for then, then we'll get to splurge a little.

19. OhMari

OhMari WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator Moderator

How did you all miss out on it when you could book it from in April till June 25-and that was an extension. Those dates were August 13 till the end of September.
    If anything last year WDW extended the free dining to almost thanksgiving.

20. BethR

BethR <font color=red>On Thread Killer Patrol<br><font c

Hi! :wave2:

Sometimes people put things off when the don't know what their schedule is or if their budget will allow the trip. Personally, I just booked a second room for a few days if my oldest comes to join us. If they open up the Free Dining offer again, I will add "Free Dining" to her reservation as well. ::yes::

Also, I don't think that Free Dining was extended until almost Thanksgiving last year. I believe that it was over on October 3. I could be wrong though...

21. Mindibellcm

Mindibellcm DIS Veteran

I too am hoping that the Free Dining is openned back up. I missed it by 2 days. I had been planning on going to "Beaches- all inclusive" for my son's Fall Break. I went to book it and from the time I priced it to the time I was going to book it the vacation went up $800. DH wasn't all that excited about and suggested we go to Disney. So on June 27th, I began looking into a Disney vacation. So I missed the free dining by 2 days!