Free Dining & AP question...

wdw4lif

Mouseketeer
Ok, so this may be a complicated question, hopefully I can explain it all correctly. We are going to visit my parents in FL and then we're all going to WDW for 3 nights. I have questions about THEIR reservations since they just became FL Residents this week. Separate rooms/separate packages.

Here's the scenario currently:
They are booked into POP for 3 nights. They have a 1 day park ticket (NON PH) on their reservation. They have a past ticket that's non-expiring park hopper. We were only doing 2 days of parks at the time we made reservations. Therefore, they did NOT doing the free dining package as you had to have a minimum of a 2 day park hopper ticket. Fast forward to now. They are getting FL Resident AP (Weekday select). They are using their ticket on their reservation to apply towards purchasing the AP. That's all good. HOWEVER, now I'm wondering if she could call WDW and upgrade to a 2 day park hopper, still get the free dining offer (I don't know if that's even possible), and then upgrade to an AP when we check in. If that's possible, would free dining still work if the 2 day park hopper had already been applied to an AP? I've heard of people doing this for renewals for AP so they can get the free dining. But I'm not sure how it work with NEW AP's.
Hopefully that makes sense?

Also another quick question, she customized her MagicBands already, but will she get different ones when she goes to upgrade to an AP?

Thanks everyone!

No. The free dining had to be booked before the end date of that offer. So since that offer is over, they cannot apply it to their reservation. The package is not available anymore.

No. The free dining had to be booked before the end date of that offer. So since that offer is over, they cannot apply it to their reservation. The package is not available anymore.
Thank you! We didn't figure so, but thought I would ask. But if a bounceback offer is offered with free dining, they could do it for next year then correct? And then apply the unused PH tickets to renewal of AP?

Just to be clear - you have to buy a new 2 day ticket, you can't use an existing one even if unused.

Yeah, they would do that next year possibly. Then when their renewal comes up, they would just use the unused 2 day hopper towards their renewal...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter