Free dining 2015?

There will be free dining. Profits are not up. They had to lay off about 70 bus drivers a few months ago. That tells me profits are not where they should be! September will always be a low booking month, so if anything, they will offer free dining for September, and fewer dates in October through December. Disney has now caught on that a lot of school districts across the US now have Fall Breaks, so that's why most of October was blacked out last year and I expect it will this year as well.

If you are referring to the layoff from the magical express, that was related to a change in vendor, not a layoff related to profits.

POR has only been ineligible one year (last year), so not sure if it will be this year or not. The only rooms at Art of Animation that are never eligible are the Little Mermaid Standard Rooms (they are never eligible for ANY discounts). With everyone booking into CBR this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they allowed POR but not CBR this time.

There will be free dining. Profits are not up. They had to lay off about 70 bus drivers a few months ago. That tells me profits are not where they should be! September will always be a low booking month, so if anything, they will offer free dining for September, and fewer dates in October through December. Disney has now caught on that a lot of school districts across the US now have Fall Breaks, so that's why most of October was blacked out last year and I expect it will this year as well.

Now if we just knew when they are going to release it! I suspect the first of May, but I have heard some serious rumors that Disney Visa promo is going to be released this week. I highly doubt that though. I still think it will be first of May.

The LM were eligable for FD the first year they opened. Sept-2012. That was the only year to date that they offered it. I actually went on a 9 night trip on that offer. :-)

One thing to remember is that Free Dining depends on your arrival day. On our trip last year (we usually arrive on a Sat.) we arrived on Fri. due to the fact that Sat. started a 2 week black-out period for Free Dining. So arriving on Fri. got us the Free Dining for our week stay even though the rest of the week it was not available to people arriving starting that Saturday.

Today was 180 days so they can now offer free dining since I have booked all the meals I wanted, except, of course, the elusive BOG.

I was able to get two different ADR's for BOG in September with no problems; are people really having problems getting in?

Rumors are that free dining for Disney Visa cardholders will be available this Monday (4/27/2015) and will be available to everyone else on Wednesday. Some rumors indicate that you'll have to book at least 6 nights to get free dining. Guess we'll see if this happens Monday.

The rumored dates are:
Aug 15-Oct 2
Oct 25-31
Nov 8-19
Dec 15-21

Question.....If I already have a package/tickets/dining reservation is it easy to get them to give me the free dining if it falls for my dates? I booked months ago for the end of October and already have half of the trip paid off. I know the answer is some where amongst all these threads but can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Question.....If I already have a package/tickets/dining reservation is it easy to get them to give me the free dining if it falls for my dates? I booked months ago for the end of October and already have half of the trip paid off. I know the answer is some where amongst all these threads but can't seem to find it. Thanks!

Yes, Disney allows you to modify your booking (including adding a promotion) if it's available for your stay (dates and resort). If you dates is available but yoru resort isn't you may want to consider changing resorts so you qualify. If you make a change it won't affect your confirmation number or the amount of money you've already applied to the account.

Yes, Disney allows you to modify your booking (including adding a promotion) if it's available for your stay (dates and resort). If you dates is available but yoru resort isn't you may want to consider changing resorts so you qualify. If you make a change it won't affect your confirmation number or the amount of money you've already applied to the account.
Thank you!

Just remember that if you have a disney visa card, you'll have to call if it's released to just that group. They won't allow you to modify the trip online.

Just remember that if you have a disney visa card, you'll have to call if it's released to just that group. They won't allow you to modify the trip online.
I do have a Disney Visa. When should I start calling? 7am? Also I have to go to work if I am on hold for like ever can I put my husband on the phone to change the reservation? He is on the reservation but it is in my name.

I do have a Disney Visa. When should I start calling? 7am? Also I have to go to work if I am on hold for like ever can I put my husband on the phone to change the reservation? He is on the reservation but it is in my name.

Yes you would start calling at 7AM EST and if you need to leave, if your husband is on the reservation, he can change it.

From Canada here.....our dates are pretty restricted with work schedules. If we fly in on November 5th, from what I can tell, we will have to book 2 seperate packages? 1 from 5th to 8th and another from 8th to 14th to get the free dining for that portion? We have to buy our park tickets for the 2nd package as part of the free dining deal.....can we access the park tickets for our '1st' stay of the 5th to the 8th? And can we book our fast passes for the 5th to the 8th.....

From Canada here.....our dates are pretty restricted with work schedules. If we fly in on November 5th, from what I can tell, we will have to book 2 seperate packages? 1 from 5th to 8th and another from 8th to 14th to get the free dining for that portion? We have to buy our park tickets for the 2nd package as part of the free dining deal.....can we access the park tickets for our '1st' stay of the 5th to the 8th? And can we book our fast passes for the 5th to the 8th.....

There is a fairly extensive thread over on the restaurant board regarding fall free dining. You'd probably get a quicker answer to your question on that thread:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/free-dining-fall-2015-and-a-whole-lot-more.3364561/

Does anybody recall what moderate resorts were part of the free dining in 2014?
Caribbean Beach & Coronado. Both French Quarter & Riverside were excluded for free dining last year. I remember many people were surprised that Riverside was excluded last year.

Thanks-I was hoping for Port Orleans as we prefer to be close to Downtown. Which out of Carribean and Coronado are closer to Downtown Disney?

Thanks-I was hoping for Port Orleans as we prefer to be close to Downtown. Which out of Carribean and Coronado are closer to Downtown Disney?

Definitely Caribbean Beach. Coronado is near Animal Kingdom & Blizzard Beach.

That's one of the advantages of staying at one of the Port Orleans Resorts - boat to Downtown Disney

We have a Disney Visa. I cant remember do you have to use the Disney Visa to place a deposit or can WDW reservations just look it up. Been awhile. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter