Free Dining 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by black562, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Don't worry, she will be at Disney with you....singing to you with all the colors of the wind. :goodvibes

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Jenmia

Jenmia Earning My Ears

Oh no. I hope they release more on Thursday. I really wanted to keep my Lion King Suite.

4. dig311dug

dig311dug Earning My Ears

thought this might be the case.
    thanks

5. pxedst21

pxedst21 Earning My Ears

We loved Pop, but after the trip last year DH seems to have a mental block about staying there. When we talked about resorts this time he said anywhere but there LOL (Apparently there was a stomach bug going around Disney so we spent a lot of time in the room with sick kiddos) ;)

6. pxedst21

pxedst21 Earning My Ears

First thought would be just call and cancel and get a refund for his ticket price. But, since he is an adult, I can see where it may be worth it to keep his dining. Not sure how they would know he's not there, since the dining would just be a total number they subtract from. Maybe someone else will know for sure??:confused3

7. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

You would simply call Disney and have the child taken off of the reservation and they would credit you the difference.

8. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

Such precious memories :-)

My last vacation with my Dad was at Disney too.

9. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

That was a great story! Yup, gave me chills and brought tears to my eyes. I was close to my dad too, typical daddy's little girl. The memories I have with him are ones I cherish every day. Thank you for sharing that :)

10. JoanneDisFan

JoanneDisFan Mouseketeer

Black, what an awesome way to be able to remember your father.

11. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

We have definitely had good luck with the All Star buses, but we always travel in the off season. Also, they have more dedicated buses for each All Star resort than they used to. The possibility of occasionally "sharing" a bus has not deterred us from staying at the All Stars and I think Movies will always be our kids sentimental favorite :-)

12. plutospalforever

plutospalforever Statler & Waldorf

Oh my word! I left this thread last night in tears and catching up on the last 5 pages has sent me on an emotional journey! You all had me laughing:rotfl2: and then a couple of pages later I was in tears again!:sad1:. Thank you for sharing the funny thoughts and thank you for sharing personal tribulations. Now, again I say, whose up for a Disney support group thread!!!:woohoo:
    You all ROCK!!!!!:disrocks:

13. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Sign me up!!!!

14. HBGdancermom

HBGdancermom DIS Veteran

Ditto on the great story!!! I wish I would have taken the warning. Lol. Sitting in pediatric dentist office.

15. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Well they certainly cost as much as a support group...I can remember when a four day trip for two was $800 with tickets and dining plan.

16. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

Not a good sign to kids seeing an adult crying in a dentist office!! Lol

17. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Oh I can just see you sitting in the office sobbing, and everyone else thinking "what a strange person".

:coffee:

And once again I must ask...what have I started?

18. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

An emotional roller coaster with A LOT of hills!! Lol

19. Lazor460

Lazor460 Mouseketeer

Omg soooo cute! what a great idea! my kids would love this! going to try it out!! :-)

20. Marie17

Marie17 DIS Veteran

That is one way for sure - but don't you get penalized (as in a change fee) if your package amount is less than what was originally booked if less than 45 days out? I was thinking we could just keep his ticket since he will still be a disney adult when we go back for Spring Break in 2014. It would be nice to have one ticket already paid for on our return. Would his ticket still have his child (disney adult) dining credits that could be used in April if the original reservation was for September?

21. kfelaco

kfelaco Earning My Ears

Thank you Black562 for sharing your story, and yes, you've got me bawling too! At the risk of starting more waterworks on this thread, I'll share my dad story:

My family came from meager means, but my father was determined that he was going to bring his family at least ONCE to WDW before we all grew up, despite the cost. He felt the Disney magic and pixie dust was something we must experience before we all went our separate ways into adulthood. So in 1989, he took out a loan from the bank (borrowed against the house! :eek:), and we all went on our one and only family trip to Disney World. I was 17, my brother was 14. It truly was a special, once-in-a-lifetime trip for us. We had lots of laughs and made lots of memories. Then my dad, like yours, also tragically died in a (car) accident in 1999. Fast forward to 2007, when my DH and I brought our 3 little ones to WDW. It was awesome, yet bittersweet, being my 1st time back since '89. Now I'm happy to say we're going again in December with the kiddos, and we're bringing my mom along! She's 68 and it's been almost 25 years since that family trip. It's going to be very special to relive some of those memories with her at WDW again! I know we'll both be laughing and crying on "It's A Small World"; my DH will think we're crazy, but we know better-all those inside jokes from 23 years ago! ;) Like another poster said earlier, no one take away those Disney memories and magic!!! :littleangel:pixiedust:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.