Free Dining 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by black562, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

You're welcome, and just in case I missed you earlier, :welcome: to the boards!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Ok, but don't say I didn't warn ya...

Dad and I used to go to WDW together every year. During those trips, we had many once in a lifetime experiences. One year we got to meet a Disney animator that worked directly with Walt on alot of classic films. He even drew me a sketch and signed it, which I still have framed to this day. Another trip, we found ourselves on the first bus into Animal Kingdom on the first soft opening day. We were literally the first public group into the park and it was facinating to see how things progressed from that day. We celebrated birthdays, and many other things, but mostly just enjoying the Disney magic. I truely believe, he had a large part in my blooming love for Disney.

In 1999, three months (to the day) after our Disney vacation, he was tragically killed in a helicopter crash. I then realized that, at that point, Disney was much more than a vacation...it was memories, fun times, once in a lifetime encounters, and so much more. The next few trips to Disney were bittersweet. I would find myself watching the parade on Main Street, smelling the scents from the Confectionary, hearing the music...and for a moment, could see him standing next to me. At times, I became emotional for no reason, just something flashed me back to a memory. Now I know, that whenever I'm at Disney, I feel like I'm closest to my Dad...I feel like he's there with me (he is), and I make new memories doing new things or new attractions and thinking to myself "Dad would've loved this".

So there you have it...a Father...a Son....many years of good times....and many more years cut short. But lots of memories all the same...and lots more being made each and every year. It's more than a vacation, it's a pilgrimage. It's that reason that every time I go, there are certain things I must do out of tradition...and other things I do to make new memories. And sometimes, at just the right moment, I feel him walking by my side, smiling and just saying "I'm glad we're here".

Disney World was our world and we shared many special memories there. I remember him the best way I know how...by continuing the fun that we always enjoyed together. He always taught me to enjoy life, have fun and not worry about the little things.

Here's to you Dad...I shall ALWAYS remember!!!

As I said earlier...you asked for it.

And now you know.....the rest of the story.

[​IMG]

4. kcwiak

kcwiak Mouseketeer

Awww, this is such a wonderful memory to have of your Dad. I am bawling. Thanks for the warning on tissues.

Thank you for being so awesome.

5. pxedst21

pxedst21 Earning My Ears

That's good to know!! We stayed at music several years ago and after 2/3 days of being crammed on buses with all 3 resorts, started driving to the parks just to avoid the buses at night. We've done Pop ever since because of it. Glad to know they do their own buses.
    Thanks!! :thumbsup2

6. kcwiak

kcwiak Mouseketeer

The buses are the reason we stay at Pop. It is a great resort but the buses make it even better. Unless we can do a deluxe, we will always do Pop.

7. rainynight

rainynight Mouseketeer

We had free dining last September but stayed one night in a Little Mermaid room (my birthday present to myself) and while it was nice I wouldn't stay again even with free dining for the simple fact that its a long walk from the rooms to the main area. After one day i was so glad we were at Pop the rest of the trip.I cant imagine skipping free dining over at Pop just to stay in a Little Mermaid room, especially since aside from the Ariel shower curtain its not really princess themed. I guess if enough people cancel their LM reservations and switch resorts they will start offering free dining there though.

8. kcwiak

kcwiak Mouseketeer

Thanks! So excited about FD - nice almost $1400 savings with the upgrade to dining! Also glad we check in on 9/21 and Disney allows you to keep for length of stay. Nice perk.

9. Marsheliz

Marsheliz DIS Veteran

Wow, Black, what a sad, bittersweet, beautiful story... I am sorry for your loss.. I think I told you but mom died 3.5 weeks ago and I miss her so much.. We took her with us on our last Disney vacation and I know this next one will be emotional for me.. I love looking at our pictures and remembering how much fun we had and I still can't believe it has been almost a month since she has been gone or since I have talked with her.
    That trip is something cancer can never take away from me and my boys. :littleangel:

10. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

You caught it right before an edit...added a couple sentences at the end.

And thank you...it warms the soul to hear kind words.

11. mjmpoohfamily

mjmpoohfamily Earning My Ears

12. Clamesa

Clamesa Mouseketeer

Black where I can find information about this party ? I tried the WDW site but since they changed it I'm totally lost. Well not totally but pretty close ;).

Thanks!!

13. dig311dug

dig311dug Earning My Ears

does anyone else get this:
    Remaining Balance: We're sorry. Detail payment information is not available at this time. Please try again later.

14. Kat016

Kat016 DIS Veteran

That's awesome! What a fun craft...my kids would like that too...can I "steal" that idea?!? Please!! :)

15. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Joe Thanks for sharing your story about you and your Dad, so sorry He was taken too soon. I've lost both my boys but Disney was our Happy Place with wonderful memories and I can relate about getting emotional while walking the parks, it is good to be able to return and relive all the good times.

16. pxedst21

pxedst21 Earning My Ears

ok, should have taken the hint at the tissue....:grouphug:

the best thing about Disney is the memories!!

We've always gone just because we are total Disney freaks (DH and I met working at the Disney Store)....but have to say it totally changed after my third son was born deaf. He had surgery for cochlear implants in Oct.2007 when he was 12 months old and his first trip was Feb. 2008. To see him dancing to the music on It's a small world....knowing that without this technology he never would have been able to hear it/fully experience it; it was like going to Disney for the very first time all over again. Now it seems like every trip we just enjoy Disney even more because we are seeing it through our kids eyes. Watching how excited they get is more fun then anything-even if it means riding Buzz 10 times in a row lol. Disney is all about memories--and having my now 6 yr old bust out singing It's a small world when we are in line at the grocery just brings me straight back to seeing him ride it/hear it for the first time.:goodvibes

17. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Unleash the Villains Friday, Sep 13, 2013
    Disney's Hollywood Studios
    The Disney villains are so excited about Friday the 13th, they're taking over Disney's Hollywood Studios! Join in the fun for a night of mischief and a villainous dance party that will last until the 13th hour (1 a.m.).

18. Marie17

Marie17 DIS Veteran

Question --

What happens if I book a reservation for free dining and once the schedule of testing for the upcoming school session comes out my child won't be able to attend and has to stay behind with grandparents?

Since it is a package deal - would I just pay for his ticket and not cash it in? Could we possibly use the child (disney adult since he is 10) credits as our own for the vacation? I don't know what happens if a member of the original reservation does not show up.

Thanks.

19. pxedst21

pxedst21 Earning My Ears

Have fun!!! :yay: My kids had fun coming up with the ideas too. Some are individual (like color your own Disney castle) and some are more group (like play a Disney board game). Anything to spread some pixie dust pixiedust:

20. plutospalforever

plutospalforever Statler & Waldorf

Sorry all, I wanted to get this out earlier, but my Dis app is not working and I apologize if this is a repeat message. As of 7:50am, the only AoA suites left available for FD is Cars and those are extremely limited. So, if you are a DV holder and have not booked, suggest doing it soon. For those waiting till Thursday hoping they will release some more rooms. Fingers crossed!:goodvibes

21. pxedst21

pxedst21 Earning My Ears

Mine has the same thing. When I asked this morning she said it was just their systems were overloaded right now.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.