Free Dining 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by black562, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pirate princess 2

Pirate princess 2 Mouseketeer

Too late Joe, my hopes are up. I promise not to be too disappointed again if it turns out the last week of Aug isn't included, but my hopes are up. :)

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

And who volunteers to go down and TP the CMs car if they're wrong? :confused3

4. WDW in Pearls

WDW in Pearls Monograms and Minnie Ears

I'm going September 14-19, and I couldn't get any info out of the CM I just spoke to less than five minutes ago. This has been so nerve wracking. Haven't booked a dining plan at all in hopes I'd be in a Free Dining week, and I feel like every other week I hear online that it's happening and it never does! :(

5. plutospalforever

plutospalforever Statler & Waldorf

Woohoo! Sounds like a party!:cool1:I'm in!

6. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

So there are people going in August who won't change their dates, but they will still be calling and waiting just to see if their dates apply. So this time we may end up seeing a bunch of people on hold who don't end up booking free dining, but just waiting to see the dates.

So please, the first one to confirm dates, please post here so the August folks don't have to wait on hold for an hour and those of us who are going in September don't have to wait as long either.

7. Pirate princess 2

Pirate princess 2 Mouseketeer

I'll get in on that. Wait does the TP have mickey heads all over it? :goodvibes

8. WDW in Pearls

Sometimes I think I should just stay off the Free Dining threads and stop giving myself heartburn over it :lmao: I always get emails because of my Disney Visa but I'm so paranoid that it'll be the ONE email I don't see!

9. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

We all get worked up only to find out someone calls a week later and has no wait and gets exactly what they want.

No on the other hands you AOA folks should get the first time slot right at 7 to duke it out, since that's the one that's going to be fought over.

10. WDW in Pearls

I've already booked my room at WL. I know the whole reservation redo thing when you add dining, but I confirmed with several CMs that this is the best way to make sure you have a room. They just credit my old deposit and I repay it for the new package. Besides, although I would LOVE to go to WL I'm flexible to go to any deluxe if I have to. AOA folks are going to have a little bit harder of a time, as no other resort really compares on price and capacity.

11. mom2AidanAndEli

mom2AidanAndEli DIS Veteran

Okay, I'm trying REALLY hard not to get hopes up for my 8/26-9/1 vacation...

But IF, and I know that's a big IF, the free dining is extended to that period, should I be calling tomorrow as a Disney Visa holder? Or would it be on the 9th? I'm getting confused!!! Guess I try tomorrow and if not, try again on the 9th. Is the 9th actually the Visa date or the GP date?

I just want it booked and done already!

12. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

At this point it looks like tomorrow.

Remember guys, no emails have been sent and they won't go out until mid day. Also, it won't show up on any of their sites until then as well. So the only ones who are going crazy to call and book this tomorrow are those of us in here and a few lurkers. Sure it will be a wait on the phone and it could be an hour. But don't be surprised if even AOA is still available for the first few hours. Last year the values all sold except for sports, and then more rooms opened that evening, so if you book something you aren't thrilled with, just call later and check.

13. WDW in Pearls

So...they would actually honor the discount without first sending an email or releasing it on the site?

Also, stupid question, but what are the dates that are in question for tomorrow?

14. plutospalforever

plutospalforever Statler & Waldorf

Thank you for putting it all in perspective.:upsidedow

15. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Yes if the promo starts on a day, it starts at 7am even though they haven't posted yet. They know us crazy die hards probably know, so they weed us out before emailing out for a second wave of calls.

16. WDW in Pearls

Do we know what dates? August? September? Both?

17. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Only dates I've seen is September 2-25.

Whoever gets in at 7 please ask and confirm here so the August folks don't have to tie up the lines if they don't need to. :thumbsup2

18. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

It's totally true. Us, a few TAs who care enough to come in early t work, and most don't bother until later in the day anyway. Nobody else has this info as it isn't posted and won't be for a while.

Oh, and tomorrow hopefully, when the visa offer goes live, only visa will send an email. There won't be any info on Disneys site until Thursday when it goes public. So keep that in mind too. We're enough to tie up lines, but a small percentage of the big picture.

19. nikkyluvsmickey

nikkyluvsmickey DIS Veteran

I just finished using the disney chat with a cm and after a lot of hypothetical prodding he said that if it were to be announced it would be in the morning and that if he were me he would put it on my disney visa tonight and call tomorrow to add fd if it should be announced. Don't know if that reassures anyone or confuses more but i am taking it as a hint it's tomorrow.:)

20. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Totally blowing smoke....having a room guarantees nothing except that you'll have a room, but it doesn't guarantee free dining. You'll still have to call, wait on hold like everyone else, and if for example you have AOA and those book up their allotment, then you'll just hold a AOA room with no free dining.

That said, few will book up, so people will get what they want, except the aforementioned AOA of course.

21. Sylkie31

Sylkie31 Veteran 'Mouse'-r

YAY - thanks! This would be the ultimate dream job if ever there was one!
    :cloud9::love:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.