Free Dining 2013

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by black562, Apr 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

There was a recall and one of them caught on fire at GF. They are hoping to have the work fully done within 4 months. There are over 30,000 rooms on property, and while not every room will be affected, it will take time to check everything. If you request a fridge, but they do not have one for you when you arrive, you will receive a $15 per night credit for your stay.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyworldfamily

disneyworldfamily Mouseketeer

Really? I had not heard this before. Did you find this info on their website? Thanks!

4. kaylasmom07

kaylasmom07 DIS Veteran

I called today to check to see if I had a pin, and of course I didn't. :(
    The CM did tell me to check again around the 15th. I hope she's right!

5. TheRatPack

TheRatPack Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed ex

I'd not read that either, interesting. We were thinking of bringing our fridge just in case since I take my Almond Milk with me and like to put leftover cheesecake in the fridge too LOL. I also use it to put orange juice and waters in.....so again, we thought about taking ours just in case. I hate lugging it all the way to Florida though and then there being one in the room when we get there. I may just rent one or something.

So is there any more speculation on the FDing extension being released soon?

6. smitch425

smitch425 DIS Veteran

It was posted on the Disney Travel Agent site yesterday. I am personally not a TA, but I have read it in several other places, including here and on Facebook. :goodvibes

7. disneyworldfamily

disneyworldfamily Mouseketeer

I found this online: http://www.thebestofwdw.com/2013/07/disney-world-to-offer-credit-for.html

I am wondering if this applies to all guests or just those who need one due to medical needs.

And if we would like to request one, do we do it prior to arrival or at check-in? Hmmm...

8. Ted in Halifax

Ted in Halifax Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

Wow 15 a night ... If this gets confirmed, I would love to know!

9. wen8jr

wen8jr DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if POFQ garden view rooms were included in the FD promotion for Dec. last year?

10. mollybug2

mollybug2 Mouseketeer

Yes they were. We had a lovely one 12/10-15 with free dining.

11. homeschoolmomof4

homeschoolmomof4 Keep moving forward

It was on the TA site in response to the many TA questions and comments. If the request for a refrigerator cannot be accommodated, the manager will be called and an offer of a room credit of $15 per room per night will be extended. This is ONLY if a refrigerator cannot be provided and the vacationer has requested one.

12. Ted in Halifax

Ted in Halifax Over a 2,000 mile drive from Disney!

13. black562

black562 DIS Veteran

Free dining will be extended beyond September. Bookings for these dates will begin August 1. The dates are below:

September 29 - October 2
    October 18 - November 2
    November 11 - November 23
    December 12 - December 22

As usual, certain room types are excluded, such as campsites at Ft. Wilderness, 3-bedroom villas, and the Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation. A 3 night minimum stay (14 night maximum) and two day minimum park ticket is required for each person in the party.

Disney Value Resorts ~ Quick Service Dining Plan Included (can be upgraded to regular plan) All-Star Movies Resort
    All-Star Music Resort
    All-Star Sports Resort
    Pop Century Resort
    Art of Animation Resort (excluding Little Mermaid rooms)

Moderate Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included

Carribean Beach Resort
    Coronado Springs Resort
    Port Orleans Resort French Quarter and Riverside

Deluxe Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included Animal Kingdom Lodge
    Yacht & Beach Club Resorts
    BoardWalk Inn
    Contemporary Resort
    Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
    Polynesian Resort
    Wilderness Lodge

Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts ~ Regular Dining Plan Included
    Bay Lake Tower
    Animal Kingdom Villas
    Beach Club Villas
    BoardWalk Villas
    Old Key West Resort
    Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
    The Villas at Disneys
    Wilderness Lodge Fort Wilderness Cabins

14. grover

grover <font color=violet>DIS VETERAN<br><font color=CC99

Thanks for the info!

So if we can call August 1st..how early that day can you call? What time zone?

15. poohbear13

poohbear13 Yoda, Jedi Master

:thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2:cheer2::thumbsup2

any news on Disney Visa going sooner?

16. Sylkie31

Sylkie31 Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Phone lines open at 7:00 am eastern time.

No solid news yet, but DV holders usually get a 3-day head start before GP offer opens. I suggest marking your calendar to call first thing on July 29th. Worst that could happen is they tell you offer hasn't started yet. Even if they do say that, it's a good idea to either ask them to check with a supervisor (not all CMs read their memos right away/do not have up to date info so may not know that DV offer has started). You could also just call back and talk to a different CM. but if DV offer does start that day, once you get through to a Cm, hang on until you get the FD discount applied. The FD threads will LIGHT UP when the FD offer goes live!
    Check out Black's new FD thread:

17. lizaisabel

lizaisabel Mouseketeer

This is a leak or confirmed information? I noted that some previous expected dates are now missing like the first week of December.

18. xipotec

xipotec Grinning Ghosts

OMG prayers answered!

Also curious on where the info comes from..... And if Disney Visa will be earlier....
    Nov 11 is our first day....

May want to refresh to rules on when you check in to get deal etc ......

19. poohbear13

I can tell you that Black and Danny have given solid info in the past. Know that things could change, but I would be willing to put money down on a bet that what Black posted is confirmed August 1st. It would make sense if some dates have been removed with all the PINS that have gone out. They probably don't have availability on those dates anymore, or some other marketing tweek.

20. poohbear13

I don't care where it comes from as long as it is true... and Joe "Black" and Danny have always been true to their posts. I also would like to know about the Disney Visa.... I will probably just call July 29,30, and 31st and ask ;)

We are also checking on on 11/11 :thumbsup2

21. xipotec

xipotec Grinning Ghosts

Whats the deal on when you stay to get it?????

I forget, checkin during promo dates? Or stay during promo dates , i forget...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.