Free deluxe dining

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by DISNEY1975, Apr 24, 2013.

1. DISNEY1975

DISNEY1975 DIS Veteran

Please help! My friend is insisting he got free deluxe dining in 2009. Could this be true? I would like to stop this hour long arguement tonight!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. TheDisney411

TheDisney411 DIS Veteran

No, there has never been a free dining promo, in any capacity, that has ever included the deluxe dining plan.

You can pay the difference to upgrade to the deluxe plan under the guidelines of a free dining promo.

4. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

As the pp said, deluxe dining has never been included in any free dining promo. There has always been the option to upgrade to the deluxe DDP from free QSDP or DDP and pay the difference, but getting the deluxe plan has never been offered for free.

5. winthropf

winthropf DIS Veteran

Maybe confusing the difference between QS dining and the regular DDP as being deluxe for DDP?

6. sarah4770

sarah4770 DIS Veteran

He is probably rmembering when the appetizer was included in the regular dining plan.

7. skier_pete

skier_pete DIsney-holics Anon

Agree - Deluxe dining was NEVER offered. EVER! You could pay the difference between regular dining and deluxe dining to upgrade to deluxe, but never pure deluxe.

8. BringingUpDisney

BringingUpDisney DIS Veteran

I agree with PP that he was probably thinking of an old dining plan that had 2 TS including appetizer, 1 QS and 2 snacks. It was a great plan!

9. LOVEMY3KIDDOS

LOVEMY3KIDDOS DIS Veteran

And tips used to be included!!

10. LindyN

LindyN DIS Veteran

Perhaps he purchased the Premium Package? This includes three meals and some other extras.

Deluxe Dining has never been part of a dining promotion, but you could always upgrade to it at additional cost.

11. aubriee

aubriee <font color=brown><marquee>Chocolate always makes

That was my first thought too. As an AP holder I go to WDW 4-6 times a year and am always looking for a discount. No way has the Deluxe Dining Plan ever been offered for free. We went multiple times in 2009 and never saw it or read anything about it.

12. danny25

danny25 I love Disney and I´m friend of STICH

never, ever :goodvibes

13. DISNEY1975

DISNEY1975 DIS Veteran

Thanks everyone! After reading all of these responses to him, he's finally backing off his stance! I win!!!