Free DDP Starts Sunday 8/13. Please Share Your Experiences!

Great post, mlwear!

Thank you for taking time from Reality World to inform those of us still awaiting our turn at WDW!!!

mlwear said:
For those thinking of using child credits for adults, I don't know anything for sure, but I would have a back up plan. The CM's were definitely looking at our plan and telling us it was for 4 adults and 1 child (this is how we used the plan and always intended).

mlwear,

When I was at the CS in America for lunch on Wed there was a mother there with three children with free dining. Two of them were definetly over 9 and they each had their own card so each ordered and signed their separate receipts. It was time consuming for those behind them in line. Anyway, I am not sure if this was something they chose to do or not - having the older children have their own cards. The mom ordered for herself and younger child.

It seemed that the free dining package was oversold and in the end a lot of people weren't getting what they thought they were buying.

I do see this as a problem ~ mainly for those new-to-WDW people who didn't realize the absolute necessity of making ADRs during this 'free dining' promo period of time. (hard as it is to believe, not everyone reads the boards!!)

Over the next few weeks I would imagine that CMs are going to be dealing with some very unhappy guests who can't get into any TS restaurant during their vacation. That may translate into some bad press for Disney.

jadedNYer said:
mlwear said:
For those thinking of using child credits for adults, I don't know anything for sure, but I would have a back up plan. The CM's were definitely looking at our plan and telling us it was for 4 adults and 1 child (this is how we used the plan and always intended).

mlwear,

When I was at the CS in America for lunch on Wed there was a mother there with three children with free dining. Two of them were definetly over 9 and they each had their own card so each ordered and signed their separate receipts. It was time consuming for those behind them in line. Anyway, I am not sure if this was something they chose to do or not - having the older children have their own cards. The mom ordered for herself and younger child.

I have two children and one is a "Disney adult" age 11. I always ordered for him and my younger age 8. We didn't have to use seperate cards, but I suppose we could have. At CS I recall once a CM said in a way to help us understand the plan, I think, "OK, this is for 4 adults and 1 child"--it was just strange that she pointed it out. But at TS almost everywhere said your plan gives you 4 adult and 1 children's meals. Very pointed. It seemed to me, JMHO, that there was instruction to do so as it happened so frequently. However, one evening we had 2 (actual) adult credits to use for a party of 3 adults and 1 child. This was at Sci Fi. We told the host and then the server that we would use two adult credits and pay for one child and one adult OOP. They said that was fine and had no problem with it. I wish they would just seperate the darn adult and child credits. I felt like someone would think I was doing something wrong when I used our credits this way because I know others abuse the system. But, what else could I do but throw away two legit. adult TS credits?
OT--honestly, I wish I would have shared with DH. We both ended up getting a delicious Reuben and could only eat half but I read of so many frowning upon it on this board that I didn't want to do that either. I did however share his artichoke dip and apple-crisp like dessert.
Back to the topic...I just think with the comments CM's were making that at the very least they are going to enforce the rules as much as they can even without the technology. But, of course, I don't know anything concrete just an observation and a guess.

mlwear said:
jadedNYer said:
I have two children and one is a "Disney adult" age 11. I always ordered for him and my younger age 8. We didn't have to use seperate cards, but I suppose we could have. At CS I recall once a CM said in a way to help us understand the plan, I think, "OK, this is for 4 adults and 1 child"--it was just strange that she pointed it out. But at TS almost everywhere said your plan gives you 4 adult and 1 children's meals. Very pointed. It seemed to me, JMHO, that there was instruction to do so as it happened so frequently. However, one evening we had 2 (actual) adult credits to use for a party of 3 adults and 1 child. This was at Sci Fi. We told the host and then the server that we would use two adult credits and pay for one child and one adult OOP. They said that was fine and had no problem with it. I wish they would just seperate the darn adult and child credits. I felt like someone would think I was doing something wrong when I used our credits this way because I know others abuse the system. But, what else could I do but throw away two legit. adult TS credits?
OT--honestly, I wish I would have shared with DH. We both ended up getting a delicious Reuben and could only eat half but I read of so many frowning upon it on this board that I didn't want to do that either. I did however share his artichoke dip and apple-crisp like dessert.
Back to the topic...I just think with the comments CM's were making that at the very least they are going to enforce the rules as much as they can even without the technology. But, of course, I don't know anything concrete just an observation and a guess.

Thanks. Good information....

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter