Free Chipotle Burrito

Offer available between 11:00AM and 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time on Feb. 8, 2016, subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. Quantities are limited and offer is first come, first served, subject to availability.

Offer available between 11:00AM and 6:00PM Eastern Standard Time on Feb. 8, 2016, subject to change in Sponsor's sole discretion. Quantities are limited and offer is first come, first served, subject to availability.
I referenced the 6:00 PM in the first post - it's the deadline to text, not the deadline to use the coupon. The coupon won't even arrive for a few days, apparently.

I completely understand your hesitations in eating there. While it is clearly purely anecdotal, I've eaten there quite often since the outbreak and haven't been sick.

:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:-55 people in 11 states during the FIRST outbreak, another 5 in 3 more states in the SECOND, the cdc statement is 'the e-coli outbreak at chipotle APPEARS to be over'. we had the first outbreak here in july, then it happened here again in October...............

yeah-um even with the 4 hours of food safety training they are doing today i think i'll pass:crazy2:

I sent my text earlier, I eat there at least once a week, often twice, nothing has happened to me so far :-)

I texted for it. I figure Chipotle is probably one of the safer ones now. I've had food poisoning multiple times but not from there.

I eat at Chipolte at least once a week, sometimes up to 3 times a week, and have never had a problem either. My guess would be the problem was something vegetable related since the outbreaks were regional.

Thanks, OP! While I had taken a temporary break from Chipotle while they (hopefully) figured out their issues, I am ready to give them another try. :love:

I sent the text and didn't get anything back. How long has it taken everyone to get a response? Maybe they've reached their limit?

ETA: It just came through. Took about 10 mins. Thanks for posting :-)

Last edited:
I eat at Chipolte at least once a week, sometimes up to 3 times a week, and have never had a problem either. My guess would be the problem was something vegetable related since the outbreaks were regional.
They were able to trace the salmonella outbreak to a batch of tomatoes that were used in 22 locations. The source of the e-coli was never able to be pinpointed even after over 3,000 tests. There's a lengthy explanation of their new food safety protocols (including that tomatoes will now be prepared and tested at central kitchens before being shipped to individual locations), as well as information about each of the outbreaks, on their website. Personally, I'm looking forward to my free burrito. :)

I'd imagine the safest time to eat would be right after all this. Everyone's going to be hyper-vigilant about food safety, for awhile anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter