Free After Hours Event for DVC members

I got it because I am here I guess? I am going but never would have paid the price!

We did not get the email, but will be there. I called Member Services and you have to sign up through the email, anyway you'd mind PM'ng me the link?

I got it but tomorrow is our check in day for our stay at poly. Getting nervous because it now says full and I registered when it said almost full and when I conpleted registration it said I should receive a confirming email and that was 30 minutes ago. And now have cancelled a dining reservation at dtd----edit-now on phone with ms because has been over an hour and no confirmation still . MS says has to call me back , they are having problems verifying or finding how to check on this and they have to call me back

Last edited:

It's for those who are only on site. Shame as it's a decrease in value for those who paid.

I got an email this afternoon for tomorrow night. I registered and got in, the conformation email came about 30 minutes after. I got the email at 1509 checked it out with the family registered and got the conformation at 1556. We are currently here so I'm assuming that's why I got the free invite.

Huh. That's kinda cool. I would have never paid for this but a free invite is cool as long as it's not a 25000 people event to make money like how the holiday parties have become. Used to be so nice when they didn't sell as many tickets. But if they keep number very small for these new paid events and then offer it to "members" to try and move people to buying direct that's pretty good for those who already own.

Maybe this is the new business model to get people direct. Use events that r already pay events and give out some free passes to DVC. Not like it's costing Disney already cause the event wasn't made special for DVC.

Would love to hear reviews of anyone who went. I assume this hard ticket event didn't sell many hard tickets to they opened it up to DVC on site guests.

Who does the email come from?
We are staying at the boardwalk on points all weekend
What about May dates. We have a vacation May 8-17 as well.

Last edited:
They probably didn't sell all their tickets and they said what the heck we will give out a few "free" tickets to Dvc members to make them feel like they are getting something special.

I saw this earlier on Theme Park Tourist, which is saying the event wasn't filled hence the invite to DVC members with a current reservation, they were also speculating future events the price will be reduced or they'll be cancelled.

It's for those who are only on site. Shame as it's a decrease in value for those who paid.

People who paid are getting exactly the same value Disney advertised.

If I had paid for this and found out DVC was able to offer to members for free, I wouldn't be thrilled. But I would still be getting what I signed-up for.

They probably didn't sell all their tickets and they said what the heck we will give out a few "free" tickets to Dvc members to make them feel like they are getting something special.

"Feel like they are getting something special"? Seems like they actually ARE getting something special. Free theme park admission, with capped attendance to boot, is pretty nice surprise for people who can take advantage of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter