FreakingOUT

pippi

Mouseketeer
Can I just begin by saying how much I love this board and the people who give and share information and advice!!!!!! I have learned so much. More than I thought I even knew!

Anyway, I'm freaking OUT!!! I still have not booked a hotel and I am leaving in 35 days. I tried HOJO's with no luck after reading all the good things about it. I want to try Desert Inn and Suites but don't know enough about it. Some people have said Annabelle (I think).

I want close to Disneyland even though we'll have a car. Is the Holiday Inn express that's off I-5 good. We went comfortable but nice. Fridge, microwave, at least 2 double beds (there are 5 of us plus baby), free parking, and free internet and no more than $125 per night. Is this even do able? I don't know why I haven't decided or booked anything yet? Oh yeah, I know why. I was hoping my husband would go for DVC and we could use points toward staying in Disneyland but he stalled and took too long andopted not to in the end So here we are ready to go and we may be sleeping in our rented mini-van. Help me someone. TIA, Pippi:surfweb:

Have you looked into the Candy Cane Inn, Carousel, Best Western Park place inn, and Tropicana? They are all on the strip across from Disneyland and most have really decent prices. That way no driving required, only short walking distances and extremely practical for nap times or heading back for a swim. Also if you dont drive you dont pay for parking.

Well, here's what I would do. Check out this map:

http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html

Try to find a place that is walkable (like right across on Harbor) so you can avoid the ART (not fun with stroller/baby) and not have to drive and park each day. Some of the more popular places mentioned on this site are:

Tropicana
BW Park Place Inn
Camelot
Fairfield Inn
Anaheim Plaza

Have you tried doing a search using kayak.com? They will come back with the best prices on properties that are available. You will need to check with each property individually re the free parking/internet.

I haven't looked into those. I haven't heard many or any things about them. My husband wants to be in a nice hotel. Also, we have a rented car for the week b/c we'll be starting out in San Diego. I don't want to have to pay for parking especially if we're not going to have to use the car. Thank you for your response. I'll look into the others.
Pippi

Try looking at

www.TripAdvisor.com

Look up your the different hotels and read the reviews. If you have anymore questions on any of them, disboards can totally help you out there. Might as well get it from the source.

I haven't looked into those. I haven't heard many or any things about them. My husband wants to be in a nice hotel. Also, we have a rented car for the week b/c we'll be starting out in San Diego. I don't want to have to pay for parking especially if we're not going to have to use the car. Thank you for your response. I'll look into the others.
Pippi

What's your dh's definition of "nice hotel"? You need to understand up front that the places we have listed right across the street are not hotels, they are motels, which means they all have doors that lead right outside. They aren't in hallways inside a secure building. To be in a more upscale hotel, you will need to be driving distance from DLR which means driving and paying for parking each day.

What was the problem at the HoJo? Was there no availability at all or just too high of a price? Did you request the Disboards 15% discount?

we are staying at the fairfield inn 3/31 to 4/6 the only drawback i have is no micro in room but close to parks and was within our budget we went through getawaytoday and got a great price good luck.....we booked last month and i have heard great things about this property

what r ur dates pippi? did a tentative search for ya at getaway and while limited there is still some availability i went 35 days from today and guessed on ages of kids but i did find some availability for you check em out also they include the hoopers so if you want hotel only that is doable. Good luck!!!

Try La Quinta. It's two blocks but using ART isn't bad at all - we had passes good for a week. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. They have micros, and mini fridges and continental breakfasts (not the best but great for putting something in your tummy before hitting the parks). We stayed in a room with two queens and a pull-out couch. The also have rooms with bunkbeds for the kids. Their rates are reasonable. Also, the heated pool and spa was sooooo nice on our aching feet.

also try looking into the hotels you are interested in through expedia or travelocity... better yet, use kayak.com. sometimes hotels have NO availability through the hotel site... but second parties (such as the sites above) have rooms because they have been reserved for that specific site. I hope that made sense ;)

Dangermouse,

Hojo had only a room with a king size bed. No pull-out sofa or anything. Though I love my children very much I can't see myself sleeping with them and my husband. They breathe too loud and move way too much. I'm sure we would fit but not comfortably. I wish they had space my stress level would be low.

We will be in Disneyland on 4/22 for 4 nights.

Here's another vote for getawaytoday. We've sometimes found rooms that were all booked up at the hotel's website available at getaway.

just checked getaway with ur real dates they have lots of availability check em out fairfield is showing available for your dates too

If you looked at Hojo online you might try calling them directly. Sometimes they have rooms that do not show up online.

Definitely call the hotels directly, for last minute booking they can sometimes give you great rates. Ask for any available discounts. It sounds like you should steer towards HoJo, Fairfield, that type of place. Maybe the Tropicana or Desert Inn and Suites, but not all rooms at the last two are created equal. Due to personal experience, I can't recommend the CCI, but a lot of people are huge fans of there as well.

I know sometimes Expedia has way better rates the closer you get. Their rates within three weeks are usually the best they have to offer, but I still find I get better rates by calling the hotel itself, using AAA. Just make sure you are talking to the location in Anaheim, not the national rez line.

Good luck!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter