FP+ Work Around, how to get more FP in a day thread?

It's noon at WDW and the following are all out of fastpasses for the day:
Rock n roller coaster
Toy Story
Tower of Terror
Mission Space Orange
Test Track
Soarin'
Expedition Everest (almost out)

We were there on days that UT calendar said was a "3". TSMM FP- were gone by 10:30-11:00 while everything else was wide open. IMO there isn't enough competition in that park, they need other rides to draw crowds away from TSMM. Smaller kids can't ride or don't like RnRC or ToT so its Star Tours basically.

The time you are mentioning it was widely reported there was a glitch in the system that was wiping out fastpasses and that's why they were gone do quickly. What we see today is going to be normal.

Also of interest, they guy at Easy WDW reported that Disney is holding back fastpass+ spots for day of use. He noted that at 9 a.m. (official park opening) he was able to obtain FP+ for TSMM when they didn't exist the night before.

Edit: What's funny about that is once again the early bird gets the worm.

So now instead of running to the FP machine at rope drop you have a bunch of people standing (blocking) the entrance to the park with their phones and ipads trying to book FP+. On the flip side if you can do it from your room and the only reason you want to go to HS that day is to ride TSMM, you don't have to wait until you get to the park to find out it ain't gonna happen.

That could have been someone who decided not to go to HS that day cancelling their spots so they could get some in another park; if you check the app frequently you'll see a few random spots turn up from time to time after they've otherwise run out for the day. Was there anything else about it that made him think it was Disney holding them back and releasing them?

I saw that report too. He checked the night before he went to DHS, and also the morning of, before park opening, and there were no TSMM FP+ available. He checked again when the park opened, and suddenly there were a bunch of times available for TSMM. That certainly sounds like Disney is holding FP+ back for day-of availability. And really, that makes a ton of sense. They'd be stupid not to.

The time you are mentioning it was widely reported there was a glitch in the system that was wiping out fastpasses and that's why they were gone do quickly. What we see today is going to be normal.

Yeah, but wasn't that pretty much normal during busy times, even BEFORE FP+ was testing in all resorts? This past summer, I recall that only a few resorts were testing, and most days, TSMM was still out of paper FP by like 10am, right? That means it's a bigger issue than just FP+.

As far as I'm concerned, anyone who tries to do something like this to intentionally circumvent the system essentially forfeits his right to complain about anything with FP+ being unfair. It's just like using old KTTW cards to pull paper FPs.

I realize that it is assumed that "double dipping" isn't allowed. However, has Disney World made any statements regarding prohibiting this practice? I realize that you can not use a magic band for both FP+ and traditional fast passes, but has anybody seen anything from disney that indicates that "double-dipping" isn't allowed? Some reports here have indicated that CM's have encouraged this.

Scott

I realize that it is assumed that "double dipping" isn't allowed. However, has Disney World made any statements regarding prohibiting this practice? I realize that you can not use a magic band for both FP+ and traditional fast passes, but has anybody seen anything from disney that indicates that "double-dipping" isn't allowed? Some reports here have indicated that CM's have encouraged this.

Scott

"Double dipping" as it was initially defined isn't using old cards. It's using the "backup" KTTW card to pull FP-s while still participating in FP+.

But, no, Disney hasn't said anything against it, and some people have been told it was OK by various CMs, both on the phone and in the parks.

Thanksgiving and Christmas crowds will settle this difference of opinion that you and I obviously have. That and very angry off-site guests that will get hosed.

I don't think it's getting hosed to have unlimited FastPass as long as you are there early.

While that's not good, that is actually an improvement over a few weeks ago, when TSMM, Soarin', and Test Track FPs were gone shortly after 9am on days with crowds levels lower than 8. Maybe Disney is starting to get a slightly better handle on things.

I totally agree that the lack of attractions is the biggest cause of all these problems though. Far more so than FP+ or FP- or anything else.
The issue to me is that FP+ = uneven playing field with the truth being kept from many guest. FP- = even playing field, use it if you so desire.

I like to live my life by the "Alligator Clause". Learned it right here on the DIS many moons ago. Essentially, just because nobody said to me that I can't run around with an alligator on my head, doesn't mean that I CAN run around with an alligator on my head.

IE...just because you CAN do something, does NOT mean you SHOULD.

I don't think it's getting hosed to have unlimited FastPass as long as you are there early.

I'm sorry, that comment makes no sense, you can't have unlimited.... as long as it's within the first hour of park opening. What if you get a FP for TSMM right at 9:10 with a 10:30 return time, then you are not eligible to get another FP- until 10:30, at which time RNR is out, better try ToT. That isn't really unlimited fastpasses to me.

Oh, and what happened to the being able to sleep in stuff? It's still the early bird getting the worm no matter which system you're working with, under FP- it's the one who gets to the park the earliest, under FP+ it's the one who longs into MDE at 60 days out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter