FP + What we know and what we want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are tickets going to need to be purchased in advance of arriving to take advantage of FP+?

Our last trip we purchased or tickets on the day we arrived. Of course we booked out rooms 6+ months in advance and we were able to set up ADR's. Will this likely be the same way? I guess what I'm asking is whether FP+ are tied in with reserving your resort or with the tickets?

Are tickets going to need to be purchased in advance of arriving to take advantage of FP+?

Our last trip we purchased or tickets on the day we arrived. Of course we booked out rooms 6+ months in advance and we were able to set up ADR's. Will this likely be the same way? I guess what I'm asking is whether FP+ are tied in with reserving your resort or with the tickets?

Yes, unless you want the day-of leftovers. It either has to be booked into your room package, or you need the ticket on-hand to enter it into the MyMagic+ website for conversion.

Here's a stupid question, but I cannot find the answer anywhere:

Does FP+ give you an hour time slot like "legacy" fastpass does/did?

For instance, if I book a time for TSMM does it say come between 1:00 and 2:00?

And, if so...how will that work for Dining? Show up between 1:00-2:00 and they'll have blocked off sections for FP+ people? What if you don't show for your FP+ ADR??? :confused3

I believe it gives you an hour window, yes. At least it did during testing a few months back...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/fastpass/gallery/04sep2012-fastpass/16364.htm

We have also planned our April trip and have our ADRs planned around our park days. We will be hopping every day!!! So I guess we will be stuck without any FPs for the second half of each park day.

I would also like to know soon what will be, as two of us need to buy new tickets. I may decide that hopper tickets are not the way to go for our family.

We have also planned our April trip and have our ADRs planned around our park days. We will be hopping every day!!! So I guess we will be stuck without any FPs for the second half of each park day.

I would also like to know soon what will be, as two of us need to buy new tickets. I may decide that hopper tickets are not the way to go for our family.

Just do the opposite of what you used to do...

Goto a park, ride the rides with short morning lines. Then hop to the second park where you have FP+ booked all afternoon.

mousermerf said:
Just do the opposite of what you used to do...

Goto a park, ride the rides with short morning lines. Then hop to the second park where you have FP+ booked all afternoon.

Yes, I thought of doing that too, but we usually don't head out to the second park until about 4:00. This would make for a long day of waiting in standby lines at every attraction during the day.

Yes, I thought of doing that too, but we usually don't head out to the second park until about 4:00. This would make for a long day of waiting in standby lines at every attraction during the day.

You only get 3 and they'll be roughly an hour apart.

So you can do 9am to noon, or like 12 to 3pm at the first park, or 4 to 7 at the second park.

If you want efficiency, you do the rides early morning at the first park. FP+ would be least useful during that morning period. It's be most beneficial for the second group of headliners at the second park, as you cna clear the headliners at the first park without it with minimal waits in the morning.

So either 12-3 at the first park or 4-7 at the second park will be all standby.. wasting it on minor attractions at the first park just seems like abad move.

You could goto Epcot in the morning and do Test Track, Soarin, etc.. walkon or short wait. Then hope to Studios and do Toy Story, etc..

Does adding on tickets to an existing room only reservation ( to allow access on the 60 day mark) change the reservation to a package? I have a sweet AAA discount for our September trip that I do
Not want to lose....

But... this thing about only 1 park/day is really annoying me. How can they justify charging extra for park-hoppers, if park hopping is suddenly a disadvantage??? I've already planned our April trip (w/ ADRs) around park-hopping, so we won't have any choice this time. It would seem smart for Disney to encourage people to spend extra $$ on PH by allowing 3/day/park. Then you could get more than the standard allotment by park hopping. Otherwise, I would think that surely the sale of PH is going to go down.

:thumbsup2 This is the same thing that isn't sitting well with me. Why did I pay $122 more for Park Hoppers if it's going to make things MORE complicated? I see another poster suggested doing short lines early and then using FP+ for the second park in the afternoon which might work, but the timing of the whole thing and only having an hour window is what's stressing me out. Especially because park hours get lengthened and changed so much as you get closer to your date. What are the odds that certain time windows will "sell out?" Is that even something that might happen? Will they limit the number of FP+s allowed at a time?

Sorry if this has been answered already but there are so many threads on this topic I haven't read them all.

Will you be able to choose different FP+s for each member of your party, or will everyone on the same reservation need to have the same FP+s? Just wondering how this will affect touring with small kids (or parties in which some adults like thrill rides and others don't). I'm assuming Rider Swap will still work the same way, but curious if you can split up a group, with different members having different FP+ for the same times.

ETA: I assume you won't be able to scan someone else's bracelet (i.e. me taking my DD's) to use their FP+, but it's worth asking. That I'll miss; last trip we had the grandparents with us so DW and I used their tickets to get extra FP for things they didn't want to ride.

Sorry if this has been answered already but there are so many threads on this topic I haven't read them all.

Will you be able to choose different FP+s for each member of your party, or will everyone on the same reservation need to have the same FP+s? Just wondering how this will affect touring with small kids (or parties in which some adults like thrill rides and others don't). I'm assuming Rider Swap will still work the same way, but curious if you can split up a group, with different members having different FP+ for the same times.

ETA: I assume you won't be able to scan someone else's bracelet (i.e. me taking my DD's) to use their FP+, but it's worth asking. That I'll miss; last trip we had the grandparents with us so DW and I used their tickets to get extra FP for things they didn't want to ride.

Everybody in my family each have their own accounts on My Disney Experience. They can each book their own FP+ (when the time comes) we can link them together, and I can schedule them for all of us to the same place and they just have to approve it. I think that part will be very flexible. The difficult part is setting up the accounts - it isn't really difficult as it is MADDENING! :)

IF you don't want everyone to have their own accounts, you can set up accounts for them and control the whole process.

Yes, unless you want the day-of leftovers. It either has to be booked into your room package, or you need the ticket on-hand to enter it into the MyMagic+ website for conversion.

Thanks, I think I was just remembering our last trip incorrectly.

My brothers family was kind enough to invite me on their first trip with their kids for my birthday/christmas present last time. They covered the tickets, so I think I incorrectly thought I purchased the tickets on arrival when I actually was just picking them up.

I'm baffled that WDW rolled out a half-baked website, made everyone agree to a cryptic TOS with no further explanation, and continues to let leaks and rumors fly unchecked.

IMO, it's unprofessional, and doesn't encourage consumer confidence. I'm amazed that they've done such a clumsy job of marketing their state-of-the-art crowd control system to their biggest fans.

Everybody in my family each have their own accounts on My Disney Experience. They can each book their own FP+ (when the time comes) we can link them together, and I can schedule them for all of us to the same place and they just have to approve it. I think that part will be very flexible. The difficult part is setting up the accounts - it isn't really difficult as it is MADDENING! :)

IF you don't want everyone to have their own accounts, you can set up accounts for them and control the whole process.
Do you mean you can add multiple travelers onto one account, or just that I can set up/manage the separate accounts for each of my family members?

Do you have to use a different e-mail address for each account? If this is the case I'll have to set up a dummy e-mail addy for my 4-year-old. :sad2:

I'm baffled that WDW rolled out a half-baked website, made everyone agree to a cryptic TOS with no further explanation, and continues to let leaks and rumors fly unchecked.

IMO, it's unprofessional, and doesn't encourage consumer confidence. I'm amazed that they've done such a clumsy job of marketing their state-of-the-art crowd control system to their biggest fans.

And how would you have done it, as to leaks and rumors even the government can not prevent that from happening to top secret info. :confused3

There were official releases today in the Disney blog and an article in the New York times.

Do you mean you can add multiple travelers onto one account, or just that I can set up/manage the separate accounts for each of my family members?

Do you have to use a different e-mail address for each account? If this is the case I'll have to set up a dummy e-mail addy for my 4-year-old. :sad2:

A master account can have "pseudo-users" under it. You can assign them a band, color, all their info, etc..

Anyone with another "for reals" account can be linked to that other master account - even be an also-master of that group of people. It allows more than one person to see the group plans and change things around depending on their access level as allowed by the master.

So..

You (for reals)
Spouse (for reals)
Kid (pseudo)
Grandma (pseudo)

You make the reservation and tell the system that Spouse, Kid, and Grandma are under you. You also say "Hey, Spouse is a for reals account of her own, link her Disney.com account to my plans - she is "Spouse" in my group and "acb@xyz.com"

Spouse then confirms the invite to be part of your travel party formally and gives you permission to make plans for her, assign a ticket/band, etc..

Kid and Grandma just stay under your account as psuedo-accounts.

This also comes up if like Grandma has an annual pass so you wont be buying her a ticket. At that point, Grandma would need to have her own Disney.com account and be "for reals" - you'd link her the same way as Spouse, but snce she has an AP you dont assign her a ticket/band.. rather use her existing one on her account for assignments for FP+ and such. Grandma has to agree to let you assign her stuff via her account once you send the request.

You don't need an email for your kids. I registered my kids last night and got this message:

"This guest is not eligible to join My Disney Experience. However you can manage this account on his or her behalf. You can add this person to activities in the My Plan section"

So you manage the account for the kids, I guess since they are too young to agree to the terms.

I finally saw the "new" website today after not coming across it at all over the last week and a half! My DH has the disney account and under "My Disney Experience" we added myself and our daughter profiles.

That was this morning...then later in the day I went to the Disney World site and it is back to the "old" version of the site. This is on two computers, one with IE9 and one with Safari.

I cleared the cache and cookies for both, old site is still showing. I'm thinking the fact I'm in Canada might have something to do with it? :confused3

I'm just not interested in this at all and I can't see why anyone else would be. I guess as long as I'm not forced to use it I don't really care.

First of all, I beg everyone's pardon in case these questions have already been answered on one of the FP+ threads. I haven't had time to read them all. I also apologize if I am just dumb, which is also likely.

I'm going to Disney world next week. I did get the new website and mobile app to work and have my reservations linked. I have a package with hotel, tickets, and QSDP. We are also doing 1 TS restaurant, which I was also able to link. So...I've gotten that far.

I can't find anything relating to FP+ on either the website or the mobile app. As far as I can tell, FP+ isn't fully rolled out to everyone yet. Is this true? Or is there somewhere I can go and reserve FP+?

One last question, all rides that have had regular FP still have them for the time being, correct? As in, will I be able to use regular FP next week when I'm there?

I thought I was planning a quick, easy birthday trip for myself but this is turning into a headache!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter