FP + What we know and what we want to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
doconeill said:
They absolutely can ride TSM - they just need to ride standby.

But yes, the new system would appear to allow them a better chance.

Correct. People who currently take a late flight and get in to wdw at 11am-1 pm and choose to go to dhs can stand in the standby line. They have virtually no chance of getting an fp.

Under the new system they also can stand in the standby line. But now will have the possibility of having an fp+.

I'm just a little tired I guess of the doom and gloom of fp+. Just too many days of it. It's a change and it is interesting and will be slightly stressful. But Splash Mt is not going to spontaneously combust due to radio frequency. I've been waiting for someone to suggest wearing aluminum foil hats to protect ourselves.

And thank goodness someone actually found proof of what I've been saying the terms and conditions have indicated from the start: Disney is NOT going universal's route of tiering guests ride experience based on money.

A little off topic, but related. Suddenly, I think today, I can create profiles for everyone in my travel party on the new WDW website....I mean as soon as I switched over I could do some of that but now I am seeing more options like the group members fast passes, character pictures and ability to specify guest for resservations. To really utilize the service, I am gonna need to set up profiles for :everyone in my travel party. A first world problem for sure, but still gonna take some time. Now some folks in my group are not so tech savy...and I've had to re-add things several times with all the WDW website updates...thinking I wait and have them register just before we leave this summer....:love:

hmmm.. I wonder if I am gonna have to re-add my celebrations....

The first time my husband and I went to Disney we had no clue what we were doing. I had a vague touring plan (via ridemax) and my TA made dining reservations. Other than that, knew nothing. Heck I didn't even know there were four parks (sad). We used fastpass to something (can't remember now) but it returned a "bonus" Mickey's Philharmagic" fastpass. It was not something we were planning on doing, but guess what...that bonus fastpass made us hop right over there and we enjoyed it. My point is, I think this is part of fastpass+, too. Offer fastpass incentives to distribute guests in the park. Worked on us. By the way I have learned A LOT since that trip. ;)

A little off topic, but related. Suddenly, I think today, I can create profiles for everyone in my travel party on the new WDW website....I mean as soon as I switched over I could do some of that but now I am seeing more options like the group members fast passes, character pictures and ability to specify guest for resservations. To really utilize the service, I am gonna need to set up profiles for :everyone in my travel party. A first world problem for sure, but still gonna take some time. Now some folks in my group are not so tech savy...and I've had to re-add things several times with all the WDW website updates...thinking I wait and have them register just before we leave this summer....:love:

hmmm.. I wonder if I am gonna have to re-add my celebrations....

I have set up 9 profiles. My daughter was able to accept the connection and my son, of course the kids have no trouble. My wife and mother have given up after much coaching. It isn't easy.

The first time my husband and I went to Disney we had no clue what we were doing. I had a vague touring plan (via ridemax) and my TA made dining reservations. Other than that, knew nothing. Heck I didn't even know there were four parks (sad). We used fastpass to something (can't remember now) but it returned a "bonus" Mickey's Philharmagic" fastpass. It was not something we were planning on doing, but guess what...that bonus fastpass made us hop right over there and we enjoyed it. My point is, I think this is part of fastpass+, too. Offer fastpass incentives to distribute guests in the park. Worked on us. By the way I have learned A LOT since that trip. ;)

This is exactly the model. That is a very good story. Thanks for sharing. It is a great testimony for how some new customers will think this is magical. And apparently 60% of patrons are first time visitors.

This is exactly the model. That is a very good story. Thanks for sharing. It is a great testimony for how some new customers will think this is magical. And apparently 60% of patrons are first time visitors.

We all know that is not the case at DLR though (they have a much lower percentage of first time visitors).

Does everyone think they will do the same thing there?

Word is they will start time enforcement later this month. But that could just be rumor.

3 fastpasses a day...... AWESOME!!! Thanks alot Disney for making "My Experience" a whole lot less magical. THIS BLOWS!!

We know that EVERYONE who wants to be on the bracelet can get on the bracelet. I think that is goal number one of Disney - (mom2rtk called it the gateway drug.) :)

Everyone will have 3 FP+ in advance IF they want them, if they link a ticket to their My Disney Experience in advance. No perk or benefit for staying on site. Everything is equal.

The prevailing strategy is to log in as early as you can, grab FP+ for the afternoon for hot rides, and tour early on standby. Two ideas are floating around about this. 1. Most people won't go to RD because they will afternoon fastpasses - so RD could become more valuable. OR 2. Everybody is going to have to make it to RD in hopes of actually getting to ride some rides because 3 measly FP in a day will cramp their styles.

There is still much controversy about number of FP:
Option 1) 3 ADVANCE FP+ (for parades, rides that use regular FP, Fireworks, Meet and Greets) but everyone will also be able to access FP+ just like the old FP system, take what's available but only one every two hours or so. The only reason FP+ and FP- are able together is simply a technology problem right but Disney fully intends to expand that to all guests in the near future. Or
Option 2) FP+ is 3 on most days and the old way of FPing is going extinct. Book ahead or forget about it.

Everyone is willing to admit that one of Disney's goals is to control crowds by sending text and app updates to move people to underutilized areas of the parks. Everyone is ready for the full frontal attack of the Disney Advertisement (and it appears most are fine with it.)

Now I have a big question...

Staggs said that the goal is to keep Disney guests on site and not take trips over to Universal or other parks.

How is any of this going to get people to stay on site?

- EMH hours have been cut - huge perk lost
- Rumors of FD changing to none for Value and QSDP for moderate and deluxe
- Discounts lowered for rooms
- FP usage limited to Three and EVERYONE on site or off site can get that.
- Hopping value is diminished (for me at least and a lot of other regulars).

How is this going to lure people to stay on-site and not leave?

The big thing that has been promised that I will be able to spend 15-20% more in the park because of the bracelet. That is not the kind of perk I like, and you don't have to stay on site to get that. I do think you get a complimentary bracelet though if you stay on site, I would have to purchase one if I stay offsite.
The perks being offered are less than before, and combine this with other cutbacks - it doesn't make sense. There has to be more coming.

can anyone tell me (speculation I know) what would be the reason why you would get/purchase the magic band for offsite guests? The need to tie your room key to it would be null for offsite.... The whole FP thing can be done on apps and kiosk once there it sounds (doesn't look like at the moment you can do advance FP from what I am understanding) Feel like I am missing something as to why you would purchase one?

We have to stay offsite and starting to feel alittle bummed out..
I think Staggs was talking about the personalized interactions, like characters greeting guests by name. Those may require the transmitter which will be in the bands but not the tickets.

Staggs said that the goal is to keep Disney guests on site and not take trips over to Universal or other parks.

The big thing that has been promised that I will be able to spend 15-20% more in the park because of the bracelet. That is not the kind of perk I like, and you don't have to stay on site to get that. I do think you get a complimentary bracelet though if you stay on site, I would have to purchase one if I stay offsite.
The perks being offered are less than before, and combine this with other cutbacks - it doesn't make sense. There has to be more coming.

Yeah. That most assuredly does NOT add up.

Wait for the other shoe. It's coming.

Where is Robo's great graphic when we need it.....

Could always be 3 advance fp plus then use phones or in park methods to reserve more that day.

Also, isn't 3 what they give you to start with? Doesn't necessarily mean that's all for pre booking, though it probably is...

FD? :confused3 Stands for... Fire Department?!? :laughing:
A little help on FD

Could always be 3 advance fp plus then use phones or in park methods to reserve more that day.

Also, isn't 3 what they give you to start with? Doesn't necessarily mean that's all for pre booking, though it probably is...

I know this is the hope! I want this to be true too. AND if this whole program was designed to heighten the experience of the guests so they could ride more rides - this is exactly what they would do and offer.

BUT, based on everything from Disney - people riding rides and clumping around the e-ticket rides is EXACTLY the problem. This entire program is designed to get people away from the e-ticket rides - to take full advantage of the current infrastructure.

IF the true intent was to give everyone access to as many FP as they can get AND be able to still use three Advance FP+ - they would have said that first thing. They would be trumpeting that from all kinds of press releases. Because that would be a huge selling point - unfortunately that is not being said. And actually it is specifically NOT BEING said. :sad2:

Yeah. That most assuredly does NOT add up.

Wait for the other shoe. It's coming.

ShoeDrop-Witch2_Med_zps918502bd.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter