FP Questions?

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by WeLoveLilo05, May 11, 2013.

1. WeLoveLilo05

WeLoveLilo05 DIS Veteran

We haven't been to Disney since 2011, I heard rumors of really enforcing the FP return times, is this true? Anything new I need to know about FP in the parks?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Yes they are now enforcing return times to the minute.

4. rjb123

rjb123 Mouseketeer

Didn't they always do this? I am a rule follower though, so I never would have thought to try to come back at a time that was NOT my FP time. :confused3

5. chartle

chartle DIS Veteran

Nope its only been since this past march, march last year. I forget.

Its been awhile since I have read a "FP time enforcement" is the end of world thread. :goodvibes

6. Robo

Robo 1971 Castle in the Hub: Your lights are on!

I'm a rule-follower, too, and the rule was that you could use a FP
    at any time after the Return Time that same day.

I always followed that rule every day I was at WDW.

7. RMulieri

RMulieri DIS Veteran

March 2012 was when they started strictly enforcing return times.

8. chmurf

chmurf DIS Veteran

Oh no, please, don't get them started :)

We're in for a 50+ pages thread :D :D :D

9. PeterPanic

PeterPanic <font color=royalblue>I hate the squeeze thingy. I

OK, everybody calm down. I don't think the PP was attempting to call someone out, but, let's be honest here, there weren't that many people, overall, that knew you could use them after the window. The ticket said to arrive within the time with nothing mentioned about using it later.

The use of them after the window evolved, it wasn't that way in the beginning. Perhaps using the phrase "rule follower" was a slightly unfortunate description, but, for many people it was the only rule that they were aware of. Maybe Known Rule Follower, would be more appropriate. The public, advertised rule was in the beginning and throughout the duration a one hour window. Very few people knew that Disney was allowing people to use it after. We Disney Board geeks, knew about it because we communicated it to each other...but look at the number of board members and then look at the number of people that visit Disney every year. I think you will find that we are a massive minority.

Most people did think that they were following the rules as they knew them. We were some of the lucky ones that had an inside track and knew that Disney was allowing them to be used after the window. We were also following the rules that we knew Disney had internalized. We didn't do anything wrong and although it is hard to explain it to people that did not have that inside information...the fact is we all were following the rules as we knew them.

Now the plus side for those unaware of the late return policy, you have nothing to adjust too. Those of us spoiled by Disney's lack of desire to enforce their own published rules have to make a few changes in our touring plans. Not a big thing either way.

10. wdwobsessed

wdwobsessed I love Disney ... I love Disney ... I love Disney

Peter I so wish I could "like" this post! Well said!

Lol!

11. evabraniff

evabraniff Mouseketeer

I never knew they could be used later.

We always got there the minute the time started. 11-12? We were there at 10:58

12. raven69david

raven69david I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

If you follow the rules on the FP ticket, nothing has changed. Long live the Superusers.