FP+ is Live! Magic Bands in the park!

What is there to convince them that the new system is free, if they didn't think the old one was?

Exactly. The old one was also less complicated and could be used spur of the moment. I see two saving graces - one is that this system somehow decreases SB lines or two is that you can have FP+ and regular FP concurrently.

How sad is this. I'm reading these comments from my playbook. While gardening.
This is not easy to do.
Robo. And princess83. You are looking tbrough the wrong set of glasses regarding how the 80 percent will view this new. Disney. You are viewing itfrom your own personal perspective as a vet who knows how todo stuff and has seen it all
This is too frustrating to do on playbook. I give up. Talk about it later

I agree and, let's be honest, WDW is for teenagers the least. I don't think it can be everything to everyone all the time. It does the little kids very well, parents very well, and baby-boom generation very well. I am 35 years old with no kids (yet) and I go 3-4 times a year, so I'd say the over-21, childfree crowd is also taken care of. But teenage boys? Maybe not. They like sports and thrills. Perhaps Universal with their roller coasters is a better plan. Or, if you live near Cedar Point like I do. No, Pirates might not hold the same mystique for a 15 year old boy that it did when he was 5.

While I'm on this tangent :stir:, I blame the parents of these disinterested teenagers! You NEED to bring your kids to WDW a much as possible when they are very young to indoctrinate them. Once they are magically brainwashed (like I was) they will keep coming back at all ages and keep loving it like they did when they were kids...
:duck:

Here is the post. I like the part about sitting on the balcony drinking coffee and heading to the parks for the evening. I split my trip up and do about half rope drop, and half late evenings. You are correct, on the days I only go in to the parks later, having just one FP+ waiting for me is better than the none I usually get.

I am not sure i like trading my advantage for evening for the touring I get done on other days.

I also don't think all the comments questioning and probing Fastpass+ are negative. Doconeill has posted about 1000 times on the subject, and very few are even slightly negative.

I am definitely not a Disney hater see the other thread I started about going to Disney with my dad in a few weeks. Everything Disney does isn't best for customers. Check out those soaring ticket prices and food prices. Those changes negatively impact all customers. This fastpass+ change could also have a negative customer impact, but end up having a huge financial payoff. Yeah for stockholder Larryz. :).

And soaring prices haven't stopped visitors from returning to Disney, so why would messing with fastpass? If people continue to flock to Disney even while instituting an unpopular change - it just shows Disney is invincible, and focusing on customer service is not a priority right now.

BUT, I am hoping that something else is going show up to make this more exciting.

How sad is this. I'm reading these comments from my playbook. While gardening.
This is not easy to do.
Robo. And princess83. You are looking tbrough the wrong set of glasses regarding how the 80 percent will view this new. Disney. You are viewing itfrom your own personal perspective as a vet who knows how todo stuff and has seen it all
This is too frustrating to do on playbook. I give up. Talk about it later

You are a trooper! :)

Oh, so now I need a digital camera?!? ;)

Haha, let me guess "what about those of us with 35mm film? we have to go get the roll exposed and printed out just to see our itinerary". :rotfl2:

But to be honest, for each one of us it is all about how it affects us. Many of us here do try and help others understand FP, tickets, the parks in general, etc. but I'm concerned how it affects my family's experience. And this isn't just in how we can use FP+, but how others do, and how it affects the standby lines of everything else.

Does anyone think that holding ONE FP... that will come due during ONE park hour... is an IMPROVEMENT in guest enjoyment?

I do. But I would prefer 2 or 3. It's our own fault though as we sleep in. We do enjoy WDW and the resorts regardless of rides though.

But currently 90% of our days we miss the headliner FP's, and the waits are an hour plus every time. We do travel busy weeks though, and now have a chance at off season, so may not matter.

Currently if I could get this schedule-it would be a huge improvement for us and I would sign up today if possible.

Just sleep in, hit the pools, lunch-mix in dinner wherever, stay out for drinks.

This could be XMAS or EASTER week-no matter.

Friday arrive at BLT-MK afternoon/eve Space Mountain, Parade Wishes.
Saturday-EPCOT afternoon/eve Soarin, Illuminations.
Monday-AK afternoon Expedition Everest, MK for Parade/Wishes.
Tuesday-MK- afternoon/eve Splash, Parade/Wishes.
Wednesday move to BCV-DHS Fantasmic
Thursday EPCOT afternoon/eve TestTrack, Illuminations
Friday-DHS afternoon/evening RNR Fantasmic SB or Illuminations.
Saturday-AK afternoon Safari, Illuminations
Sunday-DHS afternoon/eve TOT, MK Parade/Wishes
Monday-DHS afternoon TSM, fly home eve

I do. But I would prefer 2 or 3. It's our own fault though as we sleep in.

Well, I hope you don't sleep in 60 days out when it's time to schedule your FPs. Because most of the folks who are happy about the new system are those who envision having late day FPs enabling them to sleep in.

I'm a rope drop person, but I will ALSO be scheduling late day FPs since I'm banking on standby being shorter earlier in the day.

Here is the post. I like the part about sitting on the balcony drinking coffee and heading to the parks for the evening. I split my trip up and do about half rope drop, and half late evenings. You are correct, on the days I only go in to the parks later, having just one FP+ waiting for me is better than the none I usually get.

I am not sure i like trading my advantage for evening for the touring I get done on other days.

I also don't think all the comments questioning and probing Fastpass+ are negative. Doconeill has posted about 1000 times on the subject, and very few are even slightly negative.

I am definitely not a Disney hater see the other thread I started about going to Disney with my dad in a few weeks. Everything Disney does isn't best for customers. Check out those soaring ticket prices and food prices. Those changes negatively impact all customers. Aha...soaring ticket prices are for those people who buy 3 day tickets every time they go. I either get an AP or a 10-day non-expiring PH. $650 / 10 days = $65. A 3-day PH is $106 per day?! Who could pay that?!? No wonder. But if you save ahead of time and can afford the $650 upfront (x # of ppl), you can have several vacations worth of tickets at $65 a day. Much more manageable. And you're free to bring in as much outside food as you want for your own, cheap picnic. If you need to, you CAN work around the higher prices...

This fastpass+ change could also have a negative customer impact, but end up having a huge financial payoff. Yeah for stockholder Larryz. :).

And soaring prices haven't stopped visitors from returning to Disney, so why would messing with fastpass? If people continue to flock to Disney even while instituting an unpopular change - it just shows Disney is invincible, and focusing on customer service is not a priority right now.

BUT, I am hoping that something else is going show up to make this more exciting.

It will all work out in the end...

I do. But I would prefer 2 or 3. It's our own fault though as we sleep in. We do enjoy WDW and the resorts regardless of rides though.

But currently 90% of our days we miss the headliner FP's, and the waits are an hour plus every time. We do travel busy weeks though, and now have a chance at off season, so may not matter.

Currently if I could get this schedule-it would be a huge improvement for us and I would sign up today if possible.

Just sleep in, hit the pools, lunch-mix in dinner wherever, stay out for drinks.

With that plan, you would be the ideal demographic. And, with that plan, you would also have two other FP+ to use for a prime spot for a parade or illuminations, and be able to pre order your CS meal each day. You might be able to slip in another ride at MK.

With that plan, you would be the ideal demographic. And, with that plan, you would also have two other FP+ to use for a prime spot for a parade or illuminations, and be able to pre order your CS meal each day. You might be able to slip in another ride at MK.

IF the parade/Illuminations isn't in the same tier... :)

:rotfl: True story! I can just hear all the text alerts going off during a ride or something. "Yo-ho! Yo-ho! A Pirate's Life For -" "DING! Incoming Text!" And you KNOW people have super loud/annoying text alerts! (although I shouldn't talk, mine is the monorail chime followed by "please stand clear of the doors..." lol) Also I can picture the 10 mile gaps between people in line because they are watching their phone and not paying attention to whats happening around them... oh this will be fun! :rolleyes:

I was just thinking about the same. Now besides being hit in the ankles by strollers (which we will have two of in our party this time:goodvibes), Dodging ECVs with first time drivers, NOW we will be dodging people who are walking while looking at their phones to see what FP they have coming up or what exciting offer they have. I hadn't even thought about all of the text alerts sounding out everywhere, which may not be too different than it already is anyway. :worried:

That sounds fine now that we are parents. But take us back to our pre-kids trips (and what I was hoping it'd return to once they decide they're too cool to hang out with Mum and Dad) and it was more like 9 E-ticket rides in each park day, even with a trip back to the room for DH's two-hour nap (he gets cranky).

If I want pools and food, I'll pick an all-inclusive resort somewhere sunny and save a couple of thousand. While I adore the resorts and theming, I just can't justify paying Disney prices without getting what I feel is the full benefit of the attractions.

No interest in these spots. Will only do Wishes from near the Walt statue (or my BLT room), and Illuminations is totally dependent on the wind at our back. Parade can be standing anywhere.

Yikes! I can't imagine they make a parade compete with a headliner. I would think that Disney wants as many people as possible burning FP for parades, illuminations, Fantasmic, wishes, and counter service.

But of course, early reports lumped Fantasmic with TSMM. That baffles me.

If I want pools and food, I'll pick an all-inclusive resort somewhere sunny and save a couple of thousand. While I adore the resorts and theming, I just can't justify paying Disney prices without getting what I feel is the full benefit of the attractions.

Its fairly sunny at WDW, and with DVC a case can be made on the expense side-esp for deluxe resorts. But the parks to us are far more than rides.

Well, I hope you don't sleep in 60 days out when it's time to schedule your FPs. Because most of the folks who are happy about the new system are those who envision having late day FPs enabling them to sleep in.

I'm a rope drop person, but I will ALSO be scheduling late day FPs since I'm banking on standby being shorter earlier in the day.

I never sleep in when I'm not on vacation so that wont be a problem. Plus it's really the fam that sleeps in more than myself-but I switch to low gear and enjoy the relaxing pace on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!