FP+ for a party of 11...is this going to be NUTZ?

okienick

Mouseketeer
Hey Disboards...I am going to be booking my FP+ for our family trip, party of 11, in a few weeks. How hard is this going to be? Will I have luck booking any of the headliners with a group that size, or do I need to split them up and book them in smaller groups, such as 6 and 5 maybe? I've yet to experience the joy of doing this for my own small family of 4, so I'm not really sure what to expect for a large party. TIA!

I have a party of 13 and I had no trouble at all getting everything I needed. In fact, I just changed some around this evening and at 14 days out, there was still plenty of availability. Except for Anna and Elsa. I didn't even try to mess with that one!

From my experience - plan, plan, plan!

Pick your must dos, and then see if the whole family want to go. If they don't then work out what others want to do (e.g. for our group, not everyone wanted to go to A&E meeting and so we split the FP). For a group of 11, it's likely that there will be some split decisions - and its often better to allow some people time apart, but aim to get the must-dos for the whole family and the must dos for the individuals. Make a list or spreadsheet to stop your brain hurting!

Good luck

Are you doing it at 60 or 30 days? If you are on site and booking at 60, you should have no problems. If you are booking at 30, good luck! I would plan breaking it down into groups, and trying to find overlapping times, and I would just forget about Mine train and A&E, you won't be able to find 11 FP+ for those attractions at 30 days.

Are you doing it at 60 or 30 days? If you are on site and booking at 60, you should have no problems. If you are booking at 30, good luck! I would plan breaking it down into groups, and trying to find overlapping times, and I would just forget about Mine train and A&E, you won't be able to find 11 FP+ for those attractions at 30 days.

I will be doing it at 60 days. I would really prefer not to have to break it up, but I will if I have to. If I do have to break it up, how will that work? Schedule all FP+ for one smaller group, and then go back and schedule all of them for the next group or what? Or should I try to do it by day and schedule all groups for that day at one time, meaning whatever times I can get but schedule all of them for Mon, then move on to Tues, etc? I don't even know if that makes sense...when did Disney get so much more complicated???

I just booked for 9 people and the only glitch was me! Plan the FP for eveyone and then go back and modify the people you want to change.

I booked A&E first and did that one for the MK day that was furthest out. Even if you have a problem ( My glitch took IT to fix, but that was because of me) you can get it fixed.

One nice thing about the FP for your large party is that if you tend to tour away from the group you have a designated time you all meet up periodically.

I will be doing it at 60 days. I would really prefer not to have to break it up, but I will if I have to. If I do have to break it up, how will that work? Schedule all FP+ for one smaller group, and then go back and schedule all of them for the next group or what? Or should I try to do it by day and schedule all groups for that day at one time, meaning whatever times I can get but schedule all of them for Mon, then move on to Tues, etc? I don't even know if that makes sense...when did Disney get so much more complicated???

I'd schedule all groups for each day at a time. So all 11 people on Monday, then on Tuesday etc. I'd try for all 11 at once and then break it up if you can't get what you want for 11.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter