FP+ Details Are Out!

I just want to point out the same thing Robo keeps pointing out. If FP+ has rolled out at the time of your trip, the old FP system won't work as well as it used to. The new FP+ reservations have to come from somewhere. And that somewhere is the pool of the old FP system. So availability for the old system will be a problem. Clinging to the old system isn't going to work as well as people seem to hope. Disney wants you in the new system and the only way to do that is make the new system more desirable and the old system less desirable.

Of course there is option three...

I won't be in the Disney system.

Haven't done Potterland yet, but ..... Disney's not the only 'system' in town. :rotfl2:

I just ordered all our bands and did our FP selections. We are on the QSDP so my adr only conflicted with my FP times once. I just moved my adr up a hour. We only have 2 adr's. LOL I did like the fact that it gave us 4 options. One night we plan on doing Epcot late so it was nice to get a Soarin FP for late in the evening.

I did have to order 8 bands. We have a RO the night before we leave on the dream. Then our FD package for 12 days starts after we get of the cruise.

So the number went back to 3 on the FAQ? Wasn't it just "up to 4" the other day?

You can reserve access to multiple FastPass+ attractions or entertainment experiences—the specific number depends on availability. In general, you will be able to select up to 3 FastPass+ attractions and entertainment experiences each day at one theme park. For extra convenience, you can even make selections up to 60 days in advance of your visit.

So some other threads are reporting that unless you received an email from Disney inviting you to test this and it included a code then you won't actually be getting your magic band or fastpass+. If you have been able to do it I would call and make sure you were eligible before you get too excited.

So some other threads are reporting that unless you received an email from Disney inviting you to test this and it included a code then you won't actually be getting your magic band or fastpass+. If you have been able to do it I would call and make sure you were eligible before you get too excited.

LOL, so the system is letting people sign up and make choices, but it won't really happen?

Show of hands.

Who is surprised?

So the number went back to 3 on the FAQ? Wasn't it just "up to 4" the other day?

Your right.I just checked the FAQ again and it now says "up to 3" just as you quoted. So this just gets better and better. Now we aren't even guaranteed 3 FP+'s.

Your right.I just checked the FAQ again and it now says "up to 3" just as you quoted. So this just gets better and better. Now we aren't even guaranteed 3 FP+'s.

And some thought they weren't reading our threads. :lmao:

My guess is they have been getting a lot of phone calls all of a sudden from people logging in, finding they can set up their FP+ selections, and not understanding how to choose their 4th attraction.

The option shouldn't be there to begin with if you are not eligible!

And just when I was thinking I *might* be able to live with working with 4 FPs a day (albeit reluctantly) it goes back down to 3. I've had to work very hard at keeping an open mind about this since the first information and speculation was released but I'm about done with the optimism now :rotfl:

And some thought they weren't reading our threads. :lmao:

My guess is they have been getting a lot of phone calls all of a sudden from people logging in, finding they can set up their FP+ selections, and not understanding how to choose their 4th attraction.

Followed shortly by the IT CM hanging up, and screaming, "OK, who pushed the development site out to production...AGAIN?!?"

The option shouldn't be there to begin with if you are not eligible!

And just when I was thinking I *might* be able to live with working with 4 FPs a day (albeit reluctantly) it goes back down to 3. I've had to work very hard at keeping an open mind about this since the first information and speculation was released but I'm about done with the optimism now :rotfl:

Oh, I'm not completely done with optimism. ;) I am have absolute optimistic certainty that this will improve somebody's trip...I'm just also pretty certain it won't be MINE!! :furious:

Followed shortly by the IT CM hanging up, and screaming, "OK, who pushed the development site out to production...AGAIN?!?"

SERIOUSLY.......... wouldn't you LOVE to be a fly on the wall?

Anyone know someone at the NSA who can get us a spycam feed into Disney IT? ;)

Oh boy...

SERIOUSLY.......... wouldn't you LOVE to be a fly on the wall?

Anyone know someone at the NSA who can get us a spycam feed into Disney IT? ;)

I wonder if this is important enough for Anonymous to deem worthy of their involvement.

Probably not. :surfweb:

I'm wondering if this has been asked/answered somewhere. How will the tickets that are purchased with a package be treated if they aren't going to be used? Can you still have them taken off the room key(magic band) and saved for a later date? For example, I purchased tickets to qualify for the FD that's being offered in September but have an AP so was planning to have them removed once we checked in. I've been holding off linking my AP on MDE b/c I hoped FP+ wouldn't be live, but it looks like that might not be the case. So, I'm just wondering if there's a way to select which ticket it links FP+ reservations to or if we'll no longer have the ability to save tickets from a package for later use. I know we really won't know until FP+ goes live, but I've haven't seen the thoughts on this question. Thanks

Sara

I'm wondering if this has been asked/answered somewhere. How will the tickets that are purchased with a package be treated if they aren't going to be used? Can you still have them taken off the room key(magic band) and saved for a later date? For example, I purchased tickets to qualify for the FD that's being offered in September but have an AP so was planning to have them removed once we checked in. I've been holding off linking my AP on MDE b/c I hoped FP+ wouldn't be live, but it looks like that might not be the case. So, I'm just wondering if there's a way to select which ticket it links FP+ reservations to or if we'll no longer have the ability to save tickets from a package for later use. I know we really won't know until FP+ goes live, but I've haven't seen the thoughts on this question. Thanks

Sara

You will most probably be able to link your APs to use with FP+ on your trip and save your package tickets for later use. But who knows.

Oh, I'm not completely done with optimism. ;) I am have absolute optimistic certainty that this will improve somebody's trip...I'm just also pretty certain it won't be MINE!! :furious:

Oddly, I feel very comforted knowing that I have company :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter