FP+ Details Are Out!

Except for AP band replacement cost, I could have sworn we already had this info...?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thank you. I'm not feeling particularly optimistic though. I have a trip in December and fear we'll be affected by the roll out date and website. I don't even really care so much what happens.. it would just be nice to know one way or another if we're going to be able to use this and how. I'll live.

I feel the same way. I have accepted the fact that FP+ is going to happen, I just don't want to spend our December trip in the middle of the roll out and things going crazy.

Oh dear God...if this thing is up and running for my Dec trip (with the inlaws...15 of us in total) it will be a new added nightmare to planning this trip (we just almost had a family blow up over planning our ADRs). Please, please, please do NOT have FP+ running for Dec!!!!!!! Do you hear me Mouse?!?!?!

Once it is rolled out to the masses, it will be a nightmare to plan any trip.

All this "no wait" talk assumes fast pass lines will be short. hmmmmmm

Are there ever going to be extra perks for PAP versus regular AP? Or an upgrade system (paid extra for $$$$, of course) to get more FP+????

We always stay on site, so that's NBD...don't you think they should offer some perks for on site guests???? AP's???? Something??? Maybe they are and I don't know about it, yet...

I think that this sounds like a pain. I don't know what I want to do 60 days ahead of time so trying to plan out rides is bizarre to me.

I hope that we get more details soon.

VERY good point! Save FP allotments for the park you hop to later.

We're RD people, and that's what we've always done with the current FP system - with the exception of getting TSMM FP on arrival so we can do it twice. :)

Except for AP band replacement cost, I could have sworn we already had this info...?

Most of it is what we already know, just in a simple concise list. A few new pieces of info do exist in the article:
1) AP Band Replacement
2) Parking RFID Thingamajigs

But, the overall stuff on the FP+ and MM+ is what we already know (or, at least, have suspected) and WDWMagic's source is likely pulling from the same sources people here are (or heck, probably some of the same people :p).

Most of it is what we already know, just in a simple concise list. A few new pieces of info do exist in the article:
1) AP Band Replacement
2) Parking RFID Thingamajigs

But, the overall stuff on the FP+ and MM+ is what we already know (or, at least, have suspected) and WDWMagic's source is likely pulling from the same sources people here are (or heck, probably some of the same people :p).

LOL!! You're probably right!! And I forgot - the parking thingies were new to me, too. :)

What about the FP lines not feeding into the regular standby line...it always makes the standby line take much longer...I wish they would work on that- for lines besides the headliners...aka, Peter Pan...not sure how they would do it, but that could help during the busier times, which seem to be ALL year long, these days.

Haven't read all of the replies but from my standpoint I am very glad that my next trip is planned for October 2013. Hoping that FP+ is not fully implemented when we go. We do RD & now how to utilize the current FP system. It is almost like WDW is rewarding the first time / once in a lifetime trip person. Those of us who enjoy going multiple times & know what FP is much less how to use it seem to be the losers on the new FP+. Well DH will be thrilled since he wants to travel to different places then WDW.

We always stay on site, so that's NBD...don't you think they should offer some perks for on site guests???? AP's???? Something??? Maybe they are and I don't know about it, yet...

the ability to do FP+ reservations 60 days plus 10 is an on site perk. I can see the really hot FP+ reservations (TSMM afternoon and evening slots for example) being totally taken up during the +10 time. Off site guests will log on at 60 days out and those slots will be all gone.

Here is another unknown as far as I can tell...

Are FP+ assigned to a specific person is the group.
You have 4 people in a group. One does not like roller coasters... say EE.

With the current FP system you get 4 fast passes, 2 people ride. When the 1st two are done #3 goes on along with one of the people that just rode.

You can always borrow the band of the person that is not riding as long as there is nothing to tie the band to the person at the FP return.

This also eliminates the option of giving away a FP that you have decided not to use (although if I only get three for the day I'm darn well going to use them).

I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait... :lovestruc

ITa with you. I would set mine for Epcot or DHS for the evening and the do MK in the morning at rope drop.

I'm actually looking forward to this in a twisted sort of way. The idea of being able to book my FP+ for the park I plan to hop to in the evening will allow my nights to be that much more productive.

I'm a rope drop gal, so honestly FPs are never *essential* for me in my first park unless I'm there during a holiday week since we can knock out the headliners by 10:30 or so with minimal lines.

But the thought of being able to hop to DHS for the evening and do TOT, TSMM and ST with no wait... :lovestruc

I think the guys on WDW Today podcast made this point. They were reviewing each park and what attractions will be added to FP+ and they mentioned that if you use a decent touring plan they aren't that important but for the "next" park that day they might be. This may encourage park hopping.

They also mentioned that guests will be guaranteed some number of FP+ but you may get stuck with one to an attraction you don't care about or that does not need one such as Journey into Imagination. That is why attractions that are not using FPs now are being added to FP+.

Wouldn't that be the exact same if you physically pulled the FP while in the park? Plus, you can change them before you use the first one so if the forecast is horrible, don't book any or book at a time when the weather is supposed to be better.

No, not the same as current FP system. On a horrible, rainy day all the FP's for all the headliners would be available for a long time (except maybe on crowd level 9 - 10 days). So you could go grab a FP for Space Mtn instead. But with FP+ - Who's to say that all the Space Mtn FP's have been gone for the last 60 days??

It seems to me there is mass panic and hysteria over this. Disney isn't stupid, we all know that.

While it's not been stated, I'm sure, they won't give out all fp timeslots online ahead of time, they will reserve slots for day of walk ups and/or fp+ day of changes. They want this to be easy for their guests, not homework and want to keep their in park guests happy.

Only allowing 3 a day total makes no sense either, I'm willing to be bet it's pre-book 3, then operation normal once in park. You get 1 per normal time period as is now.

They have spent $$$$ on this and don't want it to fail. Will there be kinks? Sure, but again Disney isn't stupid. I'm sure they have thought of every one of your questions on these last 4 pages and could answer each and everyone with a reasonable answer, they just aren't ready to do so yet.

They aren't trying to alienate visitors or stress them out, they are trying to make it easier. For dh and I we travel off season and can often go a day with no fp, but did spring break in march and know their value. I'd still not pre-book my fp. We don't like being scheduled and prefer to wander and stop and smell the roses. If we ride we ride, if we don't we don't. To me, we aren't the one's they are trying to help. They are trying to help those who are serious fp users. I think in the end, all of this worrying will be for nothing and we'll all adjust just swimmingly.

Haven't read all of the replies but from my standpoint I am very glad that my next trip is planned for October 2013. Hoping that FP+ is not fully implemented when we go. We do RD & now how to utilize the current FP system. It is almost like WDW is rewarding the first time / once in a lifetime trip person. Those of us who enjoy going multiple times & know what FP is much less how to use it seem to be the losers on the new FP+. Well DH will be thrilled since he wants to travel to different places then WDW.

Yep, we also go at RD and know how to navigate the current FP system so that we're able to ride our favorites multiple times while rarely having more than a 5 minute wait for anything.

In that regard, the ONLY attraction I can see this new system benefitting us is ETWB (currently, the only way to avoid a long line here is to go late in the day).

Is anyone else as lost and confused as me with this whole FP plus thing. I just don't get how it will make things better. To me it makes things confusing and is taking the fun out of going to WDW.
Time for this: Me too!;)
But maybe it will all work itself out and make perfect sense eventually.:angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter