FP+ and BOG Lunch

jimsanfilippo

Mouseketeer
I have been trying all weekend to use FP+ for lunch at BOG (anytime Sept. 15-22) using the beourguestlunch.disney.go.com web site with absolutely no success. Each time I go there and log in it fills in my name for me and asks for the Reservation ID, which I have been told is my MagicBand 12-digit number. Each time I enter it in, however, I get the error message, "Please ensure that the Reservation ID and names entered below match exactly with your Reservation details."

This morning I called WDW and spoke to someone who said you cannot use FP+ for lunch at BOG. I had to explain to her about the web site and how it can be done. She just told me there is no way to get a time window at BOG unless you go to Town Hall when you get there the day of.

I'm confused...:confused3

When we made our reservations for BOG lunch on 9/22, we used our actual reservation ID that you're given when you book your package/hotel with Disney. We did that in advance of our Magic Bands because we did not have them in our possession yet. Use your reservation ID and see if that works for you.

I saw that link on the DIS boards and tried it out yesterday. Everything seemed to work fine. It took my Magic Band number and sent me on to select my family members, a day to visit, a time to visit and it told me everything was complete and to go to the podium at the bridge to check in during my 15 minute window. But I didn't get any kind of confirmation number. No e-mail about it. Nothing shows up in My Disney Experience. I wrote down the time and date to go to BOG, but how do we know this is ligit? I mean, I talked to a CM on the phone the other night that told me the BOG lunch reservations were not up and running yet (though they would be at some point). Are we just spinning our wheels here? Getting reservations that no one knows about or will honor? I have no proof I even made a reservation. What does everyone think?

Eric

When we made our reservations for BOG lunch on 9/22, we used our actual reservation ID that you're given when you book your package/hotel with Disney. We did that in advance of our Magic Bands because we did not have them in our possession yet. Use your reservation ID and see if that works for you.

My reservation number begins with 6RU, but the system will only allow numbers to be entered.

I saw that link on the DIS boards and tried it out yesterday. Everything seemed to work fine. It took my Magic Band number and sent me on to select my family members, a day to visit, a time to visit and it told me everything was complete and to go to the podium at the bridge to check in during my 15 minute window. But I didn't get any kind of confirmation number. No e-mail about it. Nothing shows up in My Disney Experience. I wrote down the time and date to go to BOG, but how do we know this is ligit? I mean, I talked to a CM on the phone the other night that told me the BOG lunch reservations were not up and running yet (though they would be at some point). Are we just spinning our wheels here? Getting reservations that no one knows about or will honor? I have no proof I even made a reservation. What does everyone think?

Eric

I've read other posters here that said that happened to them, it never shows up on your MDE account and you never get an e-mail, but that everything is still fine when you show up during your time window. So don't worry. I just wish I could get that far...

I have been trying all weekend to use FP+ for lunch at BOG (anytime Sept. 15-22) using the beourguestlunch.disney.go.com web site with absolutely no success. Each time I go there and log in it fills in my name for me and asks for the Reservation ID, which I have been told is my MagicBand 12-digit number. Each time I enter it in, however, I get the error message, "Please ensure that the Reservation ID and names entered below match exactly with your Reservation details."

This morning I called WDW and spoke to someone who said you cannot use FP+ for lunch at BOG. I had to explain to her about the web site and how it can be done. She just told me there is no way to get a time window at BOG unless you go to Town Hall when you get there the day of.

I'm confused...:confused3

I do have an ADR for BOG for 8:55pm (have been desperately trying to get an earlier time since I have a 3 and 6 year old with us). Does anyone know if that affects anything? Can I not get a lucnh BOG FP+ if I already have an ADR?

I just tried it. It stated "please enter your resort reservation ID...to claim your reservation". My resort reservation ID also has letters in it & they would disappear as soon as I typed them in. No luck!!!

I used my magical express number and it worked. I was there last week and was shocked that I got in there in less then five minutes. I stayed at the GF and didn't have the band. It was the greatest to not have to stay on that line!!!

I just tried it. It stated "please enter your resort reservation ID...to claim your reservation". My resort reservation ID also has letters in it & they would disappear as soon as I typed them in. No luck!!!

OK, just called again and spoke to Artimus (sp?) at website technical services (after the first CSR clearly did not know anything about it) and was told that the BOG FP+ is handled directly by the the BOG restaurant and not through the regular FP+ system (fine, makes sense). But he also said only people who are "invited" via e-mail about 10 days before their resort check-in date are allowed to use the BOG site to get a time window. The e-mail will have a 12-digit "Reservation ID" for you to use on the site.

This seems to contradict everything I've read on DISBoards, even in this very short thread, and I told him that. He said some people are having success using their MagicBand numbers but that they would have been "invited" anyway by BOG. Everything Disney tells me about this issue either sounds made up or they are completely in the dark about it. I just feel like they're not shooting straight with me.

I was not invited I went to the link from a thread on disboard so I would keep trying.

I was not "invited", and could not use my "package" reservation number (it contains letteres), but was able to use my "room only" reservation number (12 characters, all numeric) to successfully create a lunch reservation... I did this about two weeks ago, for a reservation next Tuesday.

I've seen confirmed success using 12 digit (numeric only) room only and Magical express numbers.

Haven't seen the thing about the MB numbers... but I have those too.. and I'm going to go try to see if that works as well.

I don't think that the CM's are intentionally trying to mislead anyone.. I just think they are uninformed/untrained on all the new aspects.. they've been given a specific set of "scripts/responses"... to use... so that's all they can do...

Just like they will tell you you CANT pick up your park tickets early (that's the "official" script/response", but we all KNOW that you can.

I think it's Disney's way of trying to manage aspects of a new system/change with as much control as possible until they are ready to roll all the way out with it.

I just tried with a dvc room only reservation number dates in October. I have 12 numbers no letters. It didn't work, maybe when the dates are closer?

I was able to get into the system with our magicband number, but it tells me that there are no fastpasses available for any day on our entire stay

OMG so glad I found that thread!!! just went to beourguestlunch.disney.go.com and took the 12 magical express number to log in. BOG lunch time reserve for thursday september 12 at 12h20-12h35! We all decide what we want to eat and reserve it also! croque monsieur look so delicious..can'T wait to try it!.. I change my reservation twice sincde this morning and stille working like a charm!

I used my magical express number and it worked. I was there last week and was shocked that I got in there in less then five minutes. I stayed at the GF and didn't have the band. It was the greatest to not have to stay on that line!!!

Awesome! :)

Eric

Same thing with me, I didn't get any confirmation. I called an the CM told me that its still in the testing stages so I might have a fast pass, and I might not. There's really no way for her to check because the BOG FP+ is down right now. I hope I have one but I hate not knowing.

I was able to make a lunch reservation today with our Magic Express number. I am so excited. This is the ONE place my daughter wanted to eat and I have tried relentlessly to get a dinner reservation with no success. This was the one and only reason I was disappointed we weren't part of the MB testing (for lunch reservations at BOG). So hoping this works. If not we will stand in line for however long it takes. Since we are going late September hopefully it won't be too bad even if we have to wait for lunch.

I have been trying to do this for DD's birthday (9/29) but it kept saying there are none for that day. (our only MK day) Today, I went to go try again, and after logging in, it gave me an error message that said something like Thank you for participating. Please try again later. If you need further assistance ask the concierge or at BOG.
I still haven't been able to make the resservation/FP for lunch. :confused3

I have been trying to do this for DD's birthday (9/29) but it kept saying there are none for that day. (our only MK day) Today, I went to go try again, and after logging in, it gave me an error message that said something like Thank you for participating. Please try again later. If you need further assistance ask the concierge or at BOG.
I still haven't been able to make the resservation/FP for lunch. :confused3

I have read that the current cutoff for dates is around 09/27 or 09/28 so for right now you might have to wait until the next set of dates opens up (which no one is 100% certain will happen since this is a test and there are no announcements about how long the test will go). :badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter