FP+ advance reservations for offsite guests?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by stephk1981, Mar 8, 2014.

1. stephk1981

stephk1981 Earning My Ears

I just read in a thread that fast pass + is 'testing' advance reservations for offsite guests? Am I just behind and out of the loop, because I've not heard of this news yet. Can anyone confirm or give info on this?we've only stayed onsite, and the biggest reason is the benefits of doing so. Now with FP+, that is a huge benefit to wdw hotel guests(reservations in advance I mean). So, if now offsite guests will get advance FP+ reserving benefits, then what extra benefit are onsite guests going to get!? Thanks for any info.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

onsite can book it 60 days before

offsite can book 24 hours - it was only once you are in a Disney park.

4. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Offsite guests are now getting the chance to prebook FP+ reservations ahead of time, though it looks like they're getting a 14-day window vs. 60 days for onsite guests.

FP was never an onsite vs. offsite thing, so I never expected FP+ to be. They just had to roll the new system out slowly and starting with onsite guests seemed logical.

5. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Offsite is in limited testing, everyone isn't getting it.

6. Missyrose

Missyrose DIS Veteran

Yes, but Disney has yet to roll back anything it has done in this test phase, so it stands to reason that once things go well with the limited number of offsite guests they're testing it on, it will roll out to all offsite guests.

They did the same thing with annual passholders. They tested with a limited number of them and now all passholders will be able to customize bands and have them shipped by later this month.

7. stephk1981

stephk1981 Earning My Ears

thankyou for the responses!

Missyrose: thank you so much, exactly what I wanted to know:) After the offsite 'testing' is done, hopefully they will continue to allow onsite guests the advantage of prebooking a bit earlier than offsite as an added incentive to stay at a wdw resort!

8. Kristina4109

Kristina4109 Rocking my Disney side since 1976

Incidentally we are staying onsite and got a nifty brochure in the mail describing FP+. Nowhere on it did it say "testing". Found that very interesting.

9. SweetMissy

SweetMissy DIS Veteran

Until reading this thread, I didn't know those staying offsite had access to FP+. Learn something new everyday....