Foundation Room at Mandalay Bay

Discussion in 'California & the West' started by Mom21, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Mom21

Mom21 DIS Veteran

Does anyone know anything about this? Today I made reservations at The Hotel at Mandalay Bay. The guy on the phone and I got along very well. We were laughing and having a great time. So as I was hanging up he said, "Wait a minute. I am going to put on your reservation an invitation to the Foundation Room. It is an exclusive room for celebrities and high rollers." he even gave me the dress policy. So was this legit or really no big deal--just him BSing me?

2. TDC Nala

TDC Nala 1937, what a year that was Moderator

3. TravelingJen24

TravelingJen24 DVC Member

My husband and I have eaten there about five times, the last time for a friend's 30th birthday. You have to be a member or have someone put in a reservation fo you. I will say that The Foundation Room is probably my favorite rest. It is very dark and covered in tapastry. When you get off the elevator there is a huge budda in the hall. There is also a lounge with the most beautiful view of the strip that there is. Make sure to bring your credit card because it isn't cheap, but well worth it. Have a good time and make sure you take this opportunity.