Found white gold diamond bracelet on Dream

Rogillio

DIS Veteran
Heading to dinner one night near the elevator I looked down and saw a bracelet. It was beautiful. My sister and mother took one look and said it was "real". I said I'd take it to guest services but my sister said I should just tell them I found a bracelet and if someone claimed it and could identify it, I'd turn it in. It went against my nature but that's what I did. She said if no one claimed it, it would be better to keep it than to give it to Disney. I'd guess the bracelet was worth between $800 and $2,000 depending on the diamonds.

GS looked at me like I was a crook or something but took my name and room number. The next day a security officer called me and said the owner was found and was very upset about it. I asked if she could identify it and he said, "white gold diamond bracelet". I said that was it and he came and got it. He also had a picture if it on his iPhone that I guess he got fom the guest.

He thanked me and said I was a gentlemen....but I didn't feel good about tying to keep it per my sisters suggestion.

Moral of the story, follow your heart not your sister's advice.

Moral of the story, follow your heart not your sister's advice.

I agree.

I found something during our trip, and I had one person stay there with it, while another adult got a CM. I didn't want to touch it, for fear of someone thinking I was trying to take it. I could never have done what your sister said to do.

I know that person was very thankful that you found it and did allert GS.

On our second cruise DS6 was helping me put things away the first afternoon and found a bronze ship with a pencil sharpener in the hull. He told me that the kid who was in the room the cruise before us was very upset that they lost their ship and we had to get it to them. I put it in my bag and told him that we would turn it in at GS later. The second night he reminded me about it so we stopped by GS and I gave it to him to turn in. The CM didn't quite understand what he was trying to say at first. It's not often that a 6 yo is insistent about getting something to someone else that they lost. I gave our room number and they told him that they would be contacting the family and send the ship to them the next week after we got back to FL. That night DS had a card from the officer in charge of GS thanking him and a $10 arcade card. I was very proud of DS. It was nice to see that we had done something right -- and he continues to be a good person. :)

I lost the diamond bracelet DH gave me when DS was born. It came off at Animal Kingdom the day before we left on our Fantasy cruise. I really struggled not to let it impact our cruise but I knew it was gone. I wish the person who found it had been as honest as you.

I am sorry you lost your bracelet pp. How heartbreaking for you :(

This has nothing to do with Disney, but I was Christmas shopping with my now ex SIL and my mom. It was a toy warehouse and I found $300 cash in the books. I grabbed it and my SIL told me to keep it. That if they were careless enough to lose it then that's there fault. I'm not that type of person. I took it to the front cash and there was a woman already up there crying as she had lost the only cash she had for her Christmas gifts. I felt SO great to be able to give her her money back :)

I know you were trying to be honest but it's best that you turn it in right away. I used to work in the hotels and I turned everything in. If no one claimed it after 90 days-you got to keep it. My then boyfriend did that when he found a pair of sapphire & diamonds earrings in an supposedly empty safety deposit box. 90 days later-he got the call that no one had claimed them. He gave them to me. I am still glad I married him!

I guess I'm just shocked that anyone would even consider keeping it. What if the person hadn't notice they'd lost it until they got home?

Kudos to lbgraves' DS. I'm sure the owner of the ship was very happy. :thumbsup2

I guess I'm just shocked that anyone would even consider keeping it. What if the person hadn't notice they'd lost it until they got home?

Kudos to lbgraves' DS. I'm sure the owner of the ship was very happy. :thumbsup2

Well, he never said he was going to walk off the ship with it on the last morning if no one claimed it. To be fair.:flower3:

I'm glad this had a happy ending.

If you find something anywhere please turn it in ASAP. My dd's wallet and iphone were stolen at WDW and then dumped in someone's stroller. We had the find my iphone app and were following the person all night but it was during MNSSHP so huge crowds watching the parade/fireworks and it doesn't pinpoint exact location.

We spent all night tracking the phone and then my dh stayed late at guest services to see if it would be turned it. The people did eventually turn it in at 1 am, which we are extremely thankful for but if they had given it to any CM when they first discovered it, it would of saved us all night of tracking.

Somewhere inside Spaceship earth sits my favorite diamond hoop earring. My then infant son- pulled at my ear and off it fell- into Spaceship Earth! I was so upset but then thought - I can't do anything about it now.

I think it was quite kind of you to turn it over. And know that you made someone's trip.

Over the weekend I found an iPhone, and turned it in right away. It was the right thing to do.

Woody

On the fantasy last year I lost one if my favorite large gold hoops. I was heartbroken. I went to guest services, made a report and just set my self up for disappointment but, within a few hours, I got a call that someone found it and turned it in. Thank goodness for honest people. Whoever found it, really helped keep my cruise a happy memory!

If you find something, please report it. It could mean something really special to someone else, worth way more than the value of the item.

Wish there were more threads about what someone did right on DCL versus what everyone's doing wrong, lol:)

Wish there were more threads about what someone did right on DCL versus what everyone's doing wrong
Hmmmm . . . such as: formal night attire, saving seats in the Walt Disney Theatre, withholding tips, "reserving" pool loungers all day with a towel.

Woody

Two years ago, during "dress-up night" on the Dream, I lost a treasured bracelet. It just fell off at some point between picture taking and going into the restaurant.

The bracelet wasn't the most expensive one you will ever see (though I believe it to be beautiful), for it was merely a gold garnet tennis bracelet with a diamond swirl clasp, but it was a rare gift from my DH years before (the man that never buys gifts, so it was a surprise!), and I cherished that bracelet.

I noticed during dinner that the bracelet was gone, and ran over to guest services, shaking and fighting tears, for I was so upset. The person there took down my information, asked me to wait a moment, and stepped in back. Moments later, he came out with my bracelet! Someone had turned it in, and I was ever so grateful that I burst into tears then and there.:blush:

The person that turned in my bracelet did not leave any information to contact them so I could offer my thanks, but I truly was so very thankful. That bracelet means so much to me, and to all those that turn in what they find in the hopes that the original owner will claim it, I thank you. You just never know how important that lost item could be to someone! :)

I always turn in everything we find. One day we were walking past Pirates (in the parks obviously) and there was a lot of money laying on the ground. It was around $200 I think. So I picked it up and caught a CM who wanted nothing to do with it and told me to go to GS. We went to GS and they also wanted nothing to do with it. :confused3

I left my name and they said they'd contact me if anyone came asking but no one ever contacted me. I still feel bad about it to this day. People work hard to make a trip to Disney and then to loose that much money just makes me sick.

Jen

I actually agree with the OP's sister. Once I found a diamond tennis bracelet in the parking lot of a 4 star hotel I was staying at. I turned it in at the front desk. A few days later when I was checking out, I noticed that the front desk clerk (the same one I turned it into) was wearing it. I pretended not to notice and asked her if anyone had claimed it. She lied and said someone had while the whole time she was wearing it. It was bizarre, but I learned a lesson. I would tell Guest Services that I had it and then if someone was looking for it, I would ask them to describe it to me. As much as I love Disney, I realize these CMs are actually paid very little and a diamond bracelet is a lot of temptation.

I actually agree with the OP's sister. Once I found a diamond tennis bracelet in the parking lot of a 4 star hotel I was staying at. I turned it in at the front desk. A few days later when I was checking out, I noticed that the front desk clerk (the same one I turned it into) was wearing it. I pretended not to notice and asked her if anyone had claimed it. She lied and said someone had while the whole time she was wearing it. It was bizarre, but I learned a lesson. I would tell Guest Services that I had it and then if someone was looking for it, I would ask them to describe it to me. As much as I love Disney, I realize these CMs are actually paid very little and a diamond bracelet is a lot of temptation.

On the ship, though, there are security cameras everywhere. I'd imagine there's a few recording the transactions at Guest Services...

I know that person was very thankful that you found it and did allert GS.

On our second cruise DS6 was helping me put things away the first afternoon and found a bronze ship with a pencil sharpener in the hull. He told me that the kid who was in the room the cruise before us was very upset that they lost their ship and we had to get it to them. I put it in my bag and told him that we would turn it in at GS later. The second night he reminded me about it so we stopped by GS and I gave it to him to turn in. The CM didn't quite understand what he was trying to say at first. It's not often that a 6 yo is insistent about getting something to someone else that they lost. I gave our room number and they told him that they would be contacting the family and send the ship to them the next week after we got back to FL. That night DS had a card from the officer in charge of GS thanking him and a $10 arcade card. I was very proud of DS. It was nice to see that we had done something right -- and he continues to be a good person. :)

I got the chills when I read this... so nice.:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter