Found a pin sale for Disney Pins

miste76

I won't tell...you can't make me!
I like to bring pins with me to trade at WDW - it saves a little money!!! If anyone is looking to do the same, there is a sale at www.mousepinsonline.com all disney pins are $1.75 from 7/1-7/5.

I ordered from this site two weeks ago and received my pins very quickly... I was a little concerned about the quality since they were so much less expensive than e-bay... but when I received the pins in the mail, I was happily suprised. They have a glossy finish over the top (unlike sedesma) that makes them look closer to the pins that you buy at WDW. I had an e-mail waiting for me this morning that told me about the sale and I placed a second order already.

I know there are some people that don't like the less-expensive pins... but for anyone that doesn't have a huge amount of money to spend, I would suggest these!!! They really are nice pins - there are even a few that I have decided to keep for my personal collection!!!

Just FYI... I don't know anyone from this website and I have not received any compensation for this post... I just really thought it was a good deal that some other DISers might appreciate!!!

This has been posted on the collector's board as well, but not everyone visits there, so I thought I would share here as well!!!

Are these pins with the Disney stamp on the back?

I only looked at one page. At this time they are tradeable pins.
But don't buy them and expect them to be a pin of the same quality as park pins.
These are cheap pins, and cheap for a reason. They are made in Europe and sold rather cheaply.
Most collectors have some of these pins in their collection. I do. But they are not highly desireable and considered "junk" pins by many.
They are fine. I just don't want anyone's expectations to be set too high. You are getting what you pay for.

I will add the plus about the Propins is that at least a year or so ago Propins did not renew their license with Disney. So what is out there is it. So that does make them a little more collectable.
I do like Propins much more so than the Sedesma pins.

I just received some of the pins today from this website. They look fine, but are smaller and not as heavy as the pins purchased from Disney Deals. They are stamped with copyright (c in circle) Disney on the back. They are reasonably good looking pins, with the above caveats. Most of mine came on the plastic hang tags with german writing. BTW, I think I ordered them on Monday or Tuesday, so they came FAST.

OOOOH! I just noticed that this was post 76 for me and I'm a Mouseketeer! :cool1:

Thanks for the link, I ordered some for my kids. :blush:
We're not traders, so I'm not worried. My kids got their lanyards on the last trip and decided they want to collect them. We got a few each last trip and we'll get more this trip of actual Park pins. I thought it would be nice to get them started with a few new ones!
Thanks again!

Hello, I know that they are supposed to be tradable, but have you ever had a problem trading these with the CMs? Will they only trade a small pin for the because these are small?

There's a nice explaination on the web site of how these pins are tradable. The owner did an experiment with his kids and sent them out trading and his results were very good.

I just ordered from them last week, intending to use them as traders next week, and found the quality to be good. Like someone else stated they aren't the quality of the pins in the parks but are great for kids.

I keep looking for that story on the website and cannot vfind it. Can you please give me a direct link?

I just hope other little kids don't get these pins and CMs take them off their lanyards right away. I don't feel it is fair for parents to pay good money for the real thing then trade them for cheap stuff because they kids do not know any better. I would be mad if I paid $7.00 for a pin and traded it for a propin or what ever they are called. Just my opinion.

i agree 100% thats why i will not trade these i keep them for us and to fill Lanyards from ebay,we are not big traders and we just like to collect them,when we were at the world in March i spent over 600 in pins to buy only the ones that we wanted and we bought the pin starter packs to trade with the cms, i would be sad to see a little kid trade his or her pins for lower value pins .

I just hope other little kids don't get these pins and CMs take them off their lanyards right away. I don't feel it is fair for parents to pay good money for the real thing then trade them for cheap stuff because they kids do not know any better. I would be mad if I paid $7.00 for a pin and traded it for a propin or what ever they are called. Just my opinion.

I bought from this seller about a week and a half ago and received them the other day. Our kids have never traded before & thought this would be a good start. My two 9 year olds will not be wondering how much it costs when they trade. If they see something they like (Star Wars or Tink), they will want it, regardless of how much it cost.

I understand that if you pay a lot of money for a pin, you don't want your child trading for something worth not as much, but my opinion is, I did this to save some money (since I don't know if they will even like it). I won't be standing over them telling them, take that one, it's more expensive. It's something for them to do for themselves and make their own decisions. Since I only paid $1.75 per pin, I'm hoping it's money well spent for the amount of fun they will get out of it.

I'd have to say I question their information. They have a Snow White set that they say "include the hard to find Grumpy and Dopey". We just got back last night from a month at WDW and traded hundreds of pins.....I knew I'd seen that wide eyed Dopey, so I just ran and checked.....we have 2 of the Dopey and 2 of the Grumpy.....plus 2 of the prince, 1 of Snow White and the other dwarfs we have at least one of each. Doesn't sound very hard to find to me....and I'll bet that we could have gotten more....I set out to get a full set of dwarfs of "some" set....and ended up with dozens of dwarf pins, including 3 separate sets completed. I know we passed on many others because the girls started reminding me we already had this one or that one.

And the Bertoni that they say are "fairly rare and may be better suited to collecting than trading".....ummmm...we have many of these. They do look different from the ones being sold at WDW.....not sure how to describe them, more like the Bertoni's are like those crafts we did as kids were you pour into the little rock crystal things than heat it in the oven, they melt and don't quite come all the way to the top of the mold. Obviously the quality of the pin is better than my old craft days....but the "sunken" style is there...whereas the ones you can purchase at WDW aren't molds that have had things poured in...they're all smooth and even metal. Even the 3D ones are even. I'd also wonder why if they are rare and best for collecting they're selling them for $3?

And the Monograms that they say aren't in the USA....well, I can't say I saw a lot of them, but we have a Donald.....it's not our style and I can't remember why we traded for it, lol.....we like the colorful ones much better and this one is one color, kinda a brass like finish.

You kids will love pin trading! I know our kids did. We did make a rule that they were only allowed to trade with CMS. CMS won't ever tell them no about which pin they picked and my kids got to pick the pin they wanted to give to the CMS. We even had a pin that the tack part had broken in half. The CMS traded for a good pin.:lovestruc

Our kids had so much fun. :rotfl: My DH and I were said that we didn't have pins to trade.:sad2: Next time we will have our pins!

event.png

I also found the pin trading very fun thing to do with our kids,my daughter is very very shy and i thought it was great for her to get to talk to cms and trade with them they always had a great conversation with her and it truly lit up her day and i would never trade those memories for the world, she has the pins hanging in her room and tells everyone about each pin she got and where she got it.

Thanks Disney and a special thanks to all the cms out there.

A Happy Dad....

I bought from this seller about a week and a half ago and received them the other day. Our kids have never traded before & thought this would be a good start. My two 9 year olds will not be wondering how much it costs when they trade. If they see something they like (Star Wars or Tink), they will want it, regardless of how much it cost.

I understand that if you pay a lot of money for a pin, you don't want your child trading for something worth not as much, but my opinion is, I did this to save some money (since I don't know if they will even like it). I won't be standing over them telling them, take that one, it's more expensive. It's something for them to do for themselves and make their own decisions. Since I only paid $1.75 per pin, I'm hoping it's money well spent for the amount of fun they will get out of it.

I thought about buying pins from this website today, but after reading all the comments about how they are not as good quality as the pins bought at Disney I will not be buying any. I realize that it is nice to buy cheap pins and then trade. I guess I just don't feel right about buying a cheap pin that's basically considered junk by many and then trading it. You may not try to trade for a more expensive pin, but I don't see how you will not be getting a better pin. You don't have to stand over them because it is most likely that whatever they trade for will be better. I feel bad for the parents who's kids trade good pins and end up getting a pin of less quality than the one they traded.

We buy pins in the park and then if my kids see one they want or are looking for a specific one we trade it. They do know how much these pins that are actually bought at Disney cost because they save all their money all year and spend their own money buying pins.

I will be standing by my kids when they trade just to made sure they don't get these cheap pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter