Fort Wilderness Rate Discounts?

jag90

Mouseketeer
OK, will be our 1st trip camping. We will be borrowing BILs 27' travel trailer. That said, are there any discounts (AP, DVC, AAA) for the campsites? I believe I've read everything and can't find anything. We'll be down weekend of June 21st.

Really looking forward to this as the wife and I have discussed on and off about jumping into RVing, and this will give us a taste.

OK, will be our 1st trip camping. We will be borrowing BILs 27' travel trailer. That said, are there any discounts (AP, DVC, AAA) for the campsites? I believe I've read everything and can't find anything. We'll be down weekend of June 21st.

Really looking forward to this as the wife and I have discussed on and off about jumping into RVing, and this will give us a taste.

Call and see! We were just there and had a 15%AAA for our site. It was applied several months ago though. There are just a set amount of sites available for each type discount offered, so the best thing to do is check back often to see if anything is available.

The best of luck on your camping endeavors! It's a fun, relaxing way to go no matter where you camp! pixiedust:

jag90,

the most widely available discount seems to be AAA for the campsites. Disney is usually rolling out room-only discounts (not counting free dining offers) and usually only the cabins at the Fort qualify for those.

Like NoM, I just got back from the Fort (she and I were actually in the same loop ::yes::). I too got a 15% discount.

I had made my reservation last year and called to ask if a AAA discount was available for my visit about 6 weeks before arrival. I have nearly always gotten an AAA discount for all my visits but this was one of the few where the Disney CM asked for my AAA membership number to put on the ressie. So you might need to really be a member. ;)

AAA discounts vary by time of year. Busy/full times don't have discounts but summer is a slower time at the Fort when you are coming so it might work out for you. There are only <so many> discounts available so if you hear of a member here getting a discount for the same type of site on your dates, that doesn't mean you automatically will get one. When they get all claimed, they're gone. Also sometimes discounts are only available for certain site types (Premium only but not Preferreds for example).

Our advice is keep trying. When you make your ressie you might ask and not get one but as people with discounts cancel one might open up so people do add it after a ressie has been made. The level of discount varies between 5-20% so every little bit helps.

You don't have to book this through AAA to get the discount. Discounts like this are NOT available through the on-line ressie system but you can make the ressie for the dates you want on-line at rack rates then call and inquire about discount availabilty.

Good luck this summer!

Bama Ed

PS - I hope you find the camping lifestyle very relaxing. You'll be spoiled by the Fort - it's the best campground I've stayed in (but not the most expensive)!

I appreciate the info. We're booked for June, and I'll just keep checking back with them for discounts.

It's going to take FOREVER for June to get here!! We are really looking forward to this trip. This will check another item off our 'Disney' list, not many left on there now

Went June last year on 400 loop, you will love this campground without a doubt.

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

Well, it's already getting better. Called today to confirm reservation, and chi for discounts. Nothing in the preferred I booked, had them chk premium and Yahtzee!! Switched to premium with AAA 15% disc. Much thanks for the tips.

Back to reading and getting ready.

Well, it's already getting better. Called today to confirm reservation, and chi for discounts. Nothing in the preferred I booked, had them chk premium and Yahtzee!! Switched to premium with AAA 15% disc. Much thanks for the tips.

Back to reading and getting ready.

I love helping people save moneyy.:banana::worship::cool1::woohoo:

Kinda like Flo The Progressive Insurance Lady.

I hope the discount more than offset the extra cost of the Premium site. And if u get 400 loop as tiggerdad suggested, thats close to the Preferred loops u wanted.

Bama ed

Bama,

Actually the premium move saved me ~$30 off the stay, so definitely worth the move. Thought about requesting a loop, but since it's our 1st time out we want to just roll with where they put us. Nothing like learning your favorites 1st hand.

jag90 said:
Bama,

Actually the premium move saved me ~$30 off the stay, so definitely worth the move. Thought about requesting a loop, but since it's our 1st time out we want to just roll with where they put us. Nothing like learning your favorites 1st hand.

That's what I'm talking about! Good deal on the save.

Sent from my Desire HD using DISBoards

I am a triple AAA member and is the % off the daily rate of the campsite cost? This is my first time camping at the fort can anybody tell me how to get my husband pumped up for the trip he likes camping what makes the fort special

I am a triple AAA member and is the % off the daily rate of the campsite cost? This is my first time camping at the fort can anybody tell me how to get my husband pumped up for the trip he likes camping what makes the fort special

Tink,

That discount is off the daily rate. For example if your site is $100 per night plus taxes at the going rack rate, the discount takes it down to $85 per night.

As for DH, the Fort is simply the best family campground there is. Lots to see and do; it's as convenient to the parks as other moderate resorts. But there's a relaxed atmosphere about the Fort. Since we go annually just about, we spend about half our days in the parks and the other half hanging around the Fort or other day time activities.

So if you plan to go-go-go all day in the parks, you might want to save some time and enjoy your surroundings.

Bama Ed

Bama,

Congrats on the discount. I'm gonna try later for our Halloween trip. If you decide to try a Loop request I recommend the 1400 Loop. We were next to the Campfire and close to the pool and a rasonable walk to the boat launch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter