Fort Wilderness Pools

Leleluvsdis

DIS Veteran
Hey y'all! DH and I are planning to take a trip to the fort for the first time in January 2017. My parents are going as well, but since my mom is not a camper - even though we will be traveling in a 36ft motorhome with a super slide and king size bed - they have opted to stay DVC. My question is, would they be able to go with us to one of the pools? We have - at the time of travel - a two year old and I'm sure they would love to spend out of the park time with her. They are not swimmers, so they won't be actually getting in the pool, just sitting in our chairs. I don't see this being a frequent trip since we will be there in January, but thought it was worth asking about. I know the pools at SSR where we normally stay and they will likely stay this time have nothing to verify you are actually staying there, but didn't know if the fort is the same way or not.

They do not verify at the Fort pool (to my knowledge). Also, DVC guests have pool hopping privileges to other pools within the Walt Disney World report (but ONLY specific ones....you can find this info in a DVC thread here on DIS or within the DVC member website I am certain). I don't recall if Fort Wilderness is one of those permitted, however. As a guest staying at a Fort Wilderness campsite, you are permitted to have up to 10 guests listed on your site reservation. I would do this, and that way you are staying well within the "rules". They will be listed on your site reservation and therefore able to take advantage of all amenities afforded a campground guest. A few people sometimes have heartache (and get on here to voice such) that a person not actually sleepin/staying at the campsite is breaking the spirit of that 10 guest rule and will try to guilt others by saying "it's a rule and doing stuff any other way (i.e.: my suggestion) is breaking a rule". So, it's up to you if having family time together within the letter of Disney's rules will cause you guilt. I have no problem with playing within the letter of their rules and have done so happily again and again and again. It's not a problem, you will not get in trouble, you are following the rules....so, it is your personal choice on that. I say list them on your campsite ressie and enjoy the family time!!!

I agree with Jimmy about the 10 person Rule. I think the Pool Hopping rule is to prevent people from staying at a Value Resort and gong to a more "Elaborate" pool at a premium resort. (or even Moderate that Fort Wilderness is considered). Like most rules, sometimes there are exceptions that need to be considered.

Of course if you have deeper concerns, you could just call the campground (directly) and inquire with them. The problem there, is that you can get 3 different answers from 3 different CMs. If you do call, take note of WHO you talked to, WHEN you talked to them and WHAT they said. This is particularly important when they respond to you in a positive way (so that if you get there, and they tell you otherwise, you can advise them and they can actually confirm it). My DW and I frequently make note of things (even if it's NOT Disney) and it has saved us. We had a reservation at a Hotel (Tennessee) for 5 people (They assured us they could accommodate 5 in one room with a roll-away bed), when we got there they had apparently renovated their rooms from "Full" beds to "Queen" beds and the rooms could no longer accommodate the Roll-away bed and that we'd have to get an additional room. We weren't prepared to pay for a second room, but (after some intense discussion) since we had the name and time we spoke with a representative, the entire second room was free of charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter